Knowledge R.I.P.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Knowledge R.I.P.

Post by gooner.ed »

just for those that knew 'knowledge' or of him, word has got round today that he passed away over the summer.

many arsenal regulars will have known this guy, although he was a bit of a man of mystery despite being something of a face.

rest in peace.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Blimey Kevin!!!

I never new this person,so can you tell us more please?
RIP mr.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

not a lot ****. he was a bloke who went on all the away trips that used to try and collect stuff like press sheets. had an encyclopaedic knowledge of arsenal hence the name. basically you either knew of him or you didn't. this is just for those that did so that they know what's happened to him as it will seem odd to be at an away match and not see him. he was a bit of an arsenal character in his own way. we have a few. maria 'come on you gunners' is another example.

NBM

Post by NBM »

Bazzo (bloke with a home and away shirt sewn together) from the Supporters Club was speaking about him but didn't know what had happened to him. I only heard of Knowledge, sounded like a right character.

RIP.

Gilles Grimandi

Knowledge

Post by Gilles Grimandi »

Cheers for the info Gooner.Ed,

I bumped into 'Knowledge' many times on european away trips and as you say he was a character all on his own.

He was often scurrying around looking very hot and bothered trying to get programmes, team sheets or press passes so he could sit in the press area. I'm sure he wrote match reports for a 'zine or a blog and would use this as a way to get into games as a member of the press.

Every time I met him he would always be laden down with carrier bags and a big heavy electronic typewriter. The reason for this was that he had had his laptop stolen on a train, travelling across some backend european country when he fell asleep, therefore the electronic typewriter travelled to europe instead!

An unusual character indeed, but part of the Arsenal family none the less.

RIP

GG

Rob

Re: Knowledge R.I.P.

Post by Rob »

gooner.ed wrote:just for those that knew 'knowledge' or of him, word has got round today that he passed away over the summer.

many arsenal regulars will have known this guy, although he was a bit of a man of mystery despite being something of a face.

rest in peace.

Do you - or anyone - have a pic of the fella ? Might jog my memory as to who he was ?!

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

How old was Knowledge?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Didn't know him but had heard the stories about him. RIP a true Gooner.
Last edited by DB10GOONER on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

RIP

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Never heard of him before. RIP to a fellow gooner

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

RIP Knowledge

Another eccentric member of The Arsenal family. A character that will be missed.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Did this guy seriously blag himself into games saying he was with the press?

Superb work!

Didn't know the guy but RIP!

matthewadam123

Post by matthewadam123 »

Used to see Knowledge at every home game and had many chats as I am in the FE with my son and he also used to collect teamsheets and hang around near the press. At the Rushden friendly last year, Knowledge was in the glass fronted press box on his own and was very pleased with himself !

Spot on description in post above -

"He was often scurrying around looking very hot and bothered trying to get programmes, team sheets or press passes so he could sit in the press area.

Every time I met him he would always be laden down with carrier bags and a big heavy electronic typewriter."

A picture of Knowledge from the Barnet game in 2008.

RIP - and yes a character gone, shame.

alanalansunderland

Post by alanalansunderland »

RIP the Knowledge. He used to keep detailed notes of all the matches and god forbid if you ever tried to sneak a look at what he was writing.

He could quote details from any match that he had attended, score, scorers, times of goals, and attendance etc off the top of his head.

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

He sounds like a top lad!