West Ham Away - 4th Place Trophy - Sat 3rd Dec ko 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: West Ham Away - 4th Place Trophy - Sat 3rd Dec ko 1730

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
wilko49er wrote:Shearer cannot bring himself to agree Sanchez is World Class. What a Crunt!!
For me Shearer's a bigger crunt than jug ears, i'd love to know exactly why Sanchez has to win the league with Arsenal to be considered world class :?
To be fair to Shearer, take away the label "world class" from the discussion and I think what Shearer was trying to say (but didn't) is that Sanchez isn't at the same level as Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, etc. because he's not been consistent enough in the big games. It's great that he ripped West Ham apart but world class players make the difference in the big games and I'm not sure Sanchez or Ozil have done that consistently enough for us when it really matters so far in their Arsenal careers.

Hopefully this season Sanchez will fire the 25-30 goals we need from a striker. God knows why Wenger didn't play him there for 2 years; instead prefering Giroud, Welbeck and even Sanogo.... hell, he even gave Theo every opportunity last season to play striker instead of Sanchez! :shock: ..... still, better late than never!

Also agree with g88ner there - we played psg, manure and the scum in back to back games, and sanchez (and the rest of the players) were nowhere to be seen. World class players stand out in the big games and are often the difference in those games - beating the shammers and scoring a glorious hat-trick does not equate to world class, and we should be able to accept that without feeling it is a slur on sanchez.

I had this whole debate with a few manure and victims fans during the week - they claimed that stevie me and scholes (to name just 2 :roll: ) were world class players, and I totally disputed this and argued that there hasn't been a world class English (or Irish for that matter) player for a long, long time. Fans and the meeja throw the term "world class" around like it is confetti, but any Gooner that has seen the likes of Bergkamp and Brady play, can recognize that there are very few players in world football these days that can rightfully claim to be world class - for me sanchez and ozil are not in that top tier, but we should be very happy that we have two players in the next group down

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

wilko49er wrote:Shearer cannot bring himself to agree Sanchez is World Class. What a Crunt!!
In a strange way, I was glad Shearer said that about Sanchez. When a guy has that much hatred for a club(as he clearly seems to have for us) then, it will be funny to see how he squirms after every great performance Sanchez puts in this season. His logic of winning a title means your world class, I wonder does he apply this to Suarez, who never won the title with Liverpool, or Gerard for that matter. On a sidenote, the media always laugh off the suggestion that certain pundits have an agenda, but last night shows you that some most certainly do.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Shearer is a CUN.T his opinion and analysis mean fuckall - So, FUCKOFF Shearer you Baldy Old Fart. :barscarf:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

There is World class and there is Messi and Ronaldo who are both a million miles better than the rest and who are up there with the greatest who ever played.I would put Sanchez on the 2nd tier along with Aguero Suarez and Griezmann. It always used to make me laugh when the English media called Lampard and Gerrard world class.By the way i dont class Ozil as world class because he goes missing in too many big away games

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

donaldo71 wrote:There is World class and there is Messi and Ronaldo who are both a million miles better than the rest and who are up there with the greatest who ever played.I would put Sanchez on the 2nd tier along with Aguero Suarez and Griezmann. It always used to make me laugh when the English media called Lampard and Gerrard world class.By the way i dont class Ozil as world class because he goes missing in too many big away games
But doesn't Sanchez go missing in said big games that Ozil goes missing in?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
For me Shearer's a bigger crunt than jug ears, i'd love to know exactly why Sanchez has to win the league with Arsenal to be considered world class :?
To be fair to Shearer, take away the label "world class" from the discussion and I think what Shearer was trying to say (but didn't) is that Sanchez isn't at the same level as Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, etc. because he's not been consistent enough in the big games. It's great that he ripped West Ham apart but world class players make the difference in the big games and I'm not sure Sanchez or Ozil have done that consistently enough for us when it really matters so far in their Arsenal careers.

Hopefully this season Sanchez will fire the 25-30 goals we need from a striker. God knows why Wenger didn't play him there for 2 years; instead prefering Giroud, Welbeck and even Sanogo.... hell, he even gave Theo every opportunity last season to play striker instead of Sanchez! :shock: ..... still, better late than never!

Also agree with g88ner there - we played psg, manure and the scum in back to back games, and sanchez (and the rest of the players) were nowhere to be seen. World class players stand out in the big games and are often the difference in those games - beating the shammers and scoring a glorious hat-trick does not equate to world class, and we should be able to accept that without feeling it is a slur on sanchez.

I had this whole debate with a few manure and victims fans during the week - they claimed that stevie me and scholes (to name just 2 :roll: ) were world class players, and I totally disputed this and argued that there hasn't been a world class English (or Irish for that matter) player for a long, long time. Fans and the meeja throw the term "world class" around like it is confetti, but any Gooner that has seen the likes of Bergkamp and Brady play, can recognize that there are very few players in world football these days that can rightfully claim to be world class - for me sanchez and ozil are not in that top tier, but we should be very happy that we have two players in the next group down
I think theres 2 big reasons that England have had no World class players for many years,England are shit and have been for 60 years so there has been no chance for an Englishman to shine on the world stage,and the fact that there are so many different nations represented in our Champions Leagues clubs means the chances of an English/Irish player looking like a world-beater in Europe are minimal. I must say though for me,Paul Scholes was a great player,I think he would be floating between the top group and next group down,he was consistent for many years for Red noses club.

Herd

Post by Herd »

A good win against the mockneys who with a bit of luck we wont have to play next year . I would like nothing more than see them go down .

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

We heard you the first time!

(now don't go deleting one and leave me hanging!)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Red Snapper wrote:We heard you the first time!

Go on Herd, do him. :sex2: :sex2: :sex2: :sex2:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

West Ham really are incredibly poor - in my humble, the worst team we have faced this season. I don't think I've seen a defence give the ball away in their own last third as often as those clowns did yesterday. Massive test for Bilic now as they've got Liverpool away next - could go from hero to zero this season. They look absolutely leaderless and injuries or not, to get dicked 1-5 on your own patch....and for that to flatter you too.....don't think we'll play a team in the FA Cup who would make it as easy as that

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:West Ham really are incredibly poor - in my humble, the worst team we have faced this season. I don't think I've seen a defence give the ball away in their own last third as often as those clowns did yesterday. Massive test for Bilic now as they've got Liverpool away next - could go from hero to zero this season. They look absolutely leaderless and injuries or not, to get dicked 1-5 on your own patch....and for that to flatter you too.....don't think we'll play a team in the FA Cup who would make it as easy as that
Couldn't believe how bad they were. We carved them apart for fun and would have been 4 up at half time if we had a bit of composure when it came to the final ball.

Also I thought Xhaka was superb yesterday. I've liked what I've seen when he's had game time all a season and yesterday was one of his best performances. Dynamic, physical and a good range of passing. Great player to have in the engine room. Fucking farce that for some reason he isn't one of Wenger's favourites and has had to sit on the bench whilst indisciplined Coquelin (such a childish first half yellow) and bang average Elneny (who would do well to be a squad player at a club like Watford) run around the place.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Great result. And some great performances. Sanchez was different class. Ozil was excellent too. And Xhaka simply has to start.

The Ox? Mixed bag for me. I thought both he and Nacho were great at getting down our left in the first half but the final product was non-existent 90% of the time from both of them. But still it was great to see Ox running at players and he scared the shit out of their right back. His finish for his goal was superb too. There is a top player in there somewhere but I don't think Wenger will get it out of him.

Walcott was shit. That little jog he does... :roll: :banghead:
Ramsey was shit. That little fucking Messi-Lite impression that he does... :roll: :banghead:

The fucking Andy Carroll love-in on BT was embarrassing beyond belief. :oops: :roll:

I fucking hate the murdering wham cúnts and would love to see them relegated, never to return to the PL. 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Red Snapper wrote:We heard you the first time!

:rubchin:

:wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I didnt delete it fumble fingers me !
Bilic like many Balkan Types seems to be in a depressive rut !
I would be out there blaming the ref, injuries , playing a top side and generally trying to big my team up but he was soo down I think theres something going on in the background with the players !
We can only hope , I hate them and want them gone but only after we get drawn there in the cup and they have to give us 5000 tickets !
We would destroy the place !