Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Swiss Tony Adams

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

And then I found this legend, selling his watch on ebay...
:barscarf:

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

already posted.sos.
Last edited by Swiss Tony Adams on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Almost right :roll:

General

Post by General »

OneBardGooner wrote:
This is our club! wrote:I probably know the answer to this already but...I'm planning to come to the protest on Sunday but wanted to take my 8 year old son to the game too...obviously my concern is the safety of my son first and foremost, has there been any problems in that sense on the other ones? Any other kids at the protests?

What you have to realise that while we all hope it IS indeed a "Peaceful" protest, that is not guaranteed and to take your son would be irresponsible. I hope the protest will go according to plan, ie: peacefully, BUT what if something should happen and he got hurt would You be able to forgive yourself.

If it were my son I would Not Take The Chance of Putting Him In Harms way.
I've seen one or two of the lads bring their sons along and there's been no issue. You do get one or two idiots trying to snatch banners at the front but generally there's been nothing major. Just stay behind the crowd or along the side and you'll be fine.

Anyway from what I know we won't be marching to the stadium for City and are simply going to meet outside the directors' entrance. There are plenty of stewards and old bill around the place to keep everyone in check.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Clash wrote:Image

Almost right :roll:

He's also written a new book...

Clash

Post by Clash »

Excellent work Babu :D 8)

Babu

Post by Babu »

Clash wrote:Excellent work Babu :D 8)
International Breaks...what else can you do?

I wanted to do one from this book...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joey-Unforgett ... 0684144743

...but Mrs. Babu went fucking mental! :box:

:lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Good to see the fans around the world are doing their bit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/a ... s-10114515

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
This is our club! wrote:I probably know the answer to this already but...I'm planning to come to the protest on Sunday but wanted to take my 8 year old son to the game too...obviously my concern is the safety of my son first and foremost, has there been any problems in that sense on the other ones? Any other kids at the protests?

What you have to realise that while we all hope it IS indeed a "Peaceful" protest, that is not guaranteed and to take your son would be irresponsible. I hope the protest will go according to plan, ie: peacefully, BUT what if something should happen and he got hurt would You be able to forgive yourself.

I've seen one or two of the lads bring their sons along and there's been no issue. You do get one or two idiots trying to snatch banners at the front but generally there's been nothing major. Just stay behind the crowd or along the side and you'll be fine.

Anyway from what I know we won't be marching to the stadium for City and are simply going to meet outside the directors' entrance. There are plenty of stewards and old bill around the place to keep everyone in check.
The meeting point has changed...we will keep you posted

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

General wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I was at the Lincoln march and even though it went off peacefully - All it takes is One Idiot - like those scum wankers trying to stir up trouble - and One Thrown Object.

There is a Big difference between taking your son/daughter to a game and on a protest and frankly why on earth anyone would risk putting the most precious thing in their life in harms way is beyond belief.

Babu

Post by Babu »

OneBardGooner wrote: I was at the Lincoln march and even though it went off peacefully - All it takes is One Idiot - like those scum wankers trying to stir up trouble - and One Thrown Object.

There is a Big difference between taking your son/daughter to a game and on a protest and frankly why on earth anyone would risk putting the most precious thing in their life in harms way is beyond belief.
Indeed.

Especially with the protests being significantly ramped-up if Le Fraud decides to stay.
Here's a practise run of the next protest...

phpBB [video]

disclaimer: this is in no way serious, just trying to get through the day.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

OneBardGooner wrote:
General wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I was at the Lincoln march and even though it went off peacefully - All it takes is One Idiot - like those scum wankers trying to stir up trouble - and One Thrown Object.

TBF maybe he wants to come on the march and doesnt know what to do with his lad :?

General

Post by General »

OneBardGooner wrote:
General wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I really don't share this alarmist tone. This is partly what is stopping others from joining because they see it as some mass anti-establishment protest filled with radicals. It's a peaceful march and I noticed a few minors against Lincoln. Both have passed off with no issue and the only real skirmishes have been close to the front. Anyone who starts trouble is risking arrest because there are police with cameras everywhere. Against Bayern, they had portable camcorders filming everything. If people are not comfortable with marching, they can always meet at the agreed meeting point.

On a different note, I was going to mention that did anyone spot the woman with the new born baby on the steps before Friar Bridge on the last protest? Now that was stupid. She wasn't part of the protest but you have to question what possessed her to take a new born baby close to a football ground on match day.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
General wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I really don't share this alarmist tone. This is partly what is stopping others from joining because they see it as some mass anti-establishment protest filled with radicals. It's a peaceful march and I noticed a few minors against Lincoln. Both have passed off with no issue and the only real skirmishes have been close to the front. Anyone who starts trouble is risking arrest because there are police with cameras everywhere. Against Bayern, they had portable camcorders filming everything. If people are not comfortable with marching, they can always meet at the agreed meeting point.

On a different note, I was going to mention that did anyone spot the woman with the new born baby on the steps before Friar Bridge on the last protest? Now that was stupid. She wasn't part of the protest but you have to question what possessed her to take a new born baby close to a football ground on match day.
Neither do I, we are not squaring off against Russian hooligans. We got a few verbals on the Bayern march but the OB was practically shadowing us all the way. I think the only people who will start trouble will be drunks and they would have to be in a group to be effective. Couple of lone booze hounds are not really going to bother us.Drunks, supporting Wenger, looking for fights will not play well in support of him anyway.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

I wasnt able to attend the lincoln demo as i was away but my boy went with his 14 yo mate and they were fine. Keep an close eye on him as you would do anyway but there are no issues. If there was im sure there would be a hell of a lot of people that would stand up in front of a child ..me being the first..

:barscarf: