Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Zanatos3

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by Zanatos3 »

Petr Cech-CLASS-Cech refused to lift the trophy and instead wagged his finger in the direction of his teammates and challenged them to save the real celebrations for a proper trophy.

I respect that, i Like that winning mentality passed on to the youngsters!...I hope they win the EPL. I don't believe in Wenger for the long run...I definitely believe he WILL NEVER win the UCL...it is beyond him...I like and support the team...and hope they escape or break the Arsenal Cycle..for us fans 2 :goal2:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

#fuckoffwengeryoucuntslop

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:12 pm
Petr Cech-CLASS-Cech refused to lift the trophy and instead wagged his finger in the direction of his teammates and challenged them to save the real celebrations for a proper trophy.

I respect that, i Like that winning mentality passed on to the youngsters!...I hope they win the EPL. I don't believe in Wenger for the long run...I definitely believe he WILL NEVER win the UCL...it is beyond him...I like and support the team...and hope they escape or break the Arsenal Cycle..for us fans 2 :goal2:
Cech, along with the lumbering cuntface Mertesacker sum up everything that's wrong with the club. Over paid tried old, has-been *word censored* who never show up when it matters and lip off when there's no pressure. The pair of them can fuck off and stop standing in the way of younger better players.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I Concur. :high5:

#wengerout

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

I also agree OneBardGooner.....i'll add Kronke, Wenger, his favored model pet Giroud (AKA Le Lampost) Cech, and the Tortoise who they are going to appoint as Academy coach. :-|

They're all OLD,WASHED UP, have Great intentions!....mean well!...love the club!....love the money secretly!!

but they need to go....but Kronke and Wenger run things. after 5-1 ,5-1 ,5-1 3-1, 3-0, 3-1...etc. the manager was not honorably or otherwise discharged. So the club is weak from the top down...like a gangrenous limb but it starts at the head...if it was just an arm...or a leg sure...but you can't chop off your head and live......

Thats Wenger & Kronkes thinking....what are they going to do without Arsenal.....
Frankly i'd ship them off to a retirement home ( or retirement league MLS :shock: ) give them the latest FIFA & Final Fantasy Football games
and let them under achieve themselves to death in a closed Arsenal Cycle loop of mediocrity.

BUT.....thats not happening .... so we'll have to make do....(Usmanov in 2057) :tickedoff:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

is the cuntslop dead yet?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've been reading Frank McLintock's autobiography and his description of the fan protests that led to Billy Wright getting sacked in 1966 makes for interesting and pertinent reading. Our attendances dropped from 50,000+ to 17,000 to 7,000 and finally to a paltry 4,554 spectators who turned up to watch the Old Division One game against Dirty Leeds, all amidst mass fan protests. And it worked. Wright was sacked by the Board as it hit them where it hurt; at the turnstiles and thusly in the pocket.

The bad news of course is that it was an era when we, the regular lifelong Arsenal supporters, had a modicum of actual power and influence at the club. There were no JCL's, tourists or day trippers to replace us, there was no TV money to cover (either short or medium turn) drops in matchday revenue and the club was owned and run by people that were actually historically part of the club, not necessarily brilliant or honest people, but at least, Arsenal people. :wink:

Looking at last season, what can we take from it? Mixed feelings mostly. The protests attracted reasonably good media attention, the lads that organised them and led them (and those that turned up regularly) did sterling work, but ultimately the numbers were not there often enough. And that is not in any way a reflection on the organisers, but rather a pretty sad indictment of where we are as a club - our die hard fan base have either been priced out or have walked away from the complete horseshit that is Arsene Wenger PLC as owned by a disinterested unambitious (in the footballing sense) American billionaire. And worse, the club could not give a fuck because whilst the PL is still such a hot potato they have the TV money and the tourist fans' money to tied them over. In the short to medium term anyway.

I know, you all know this. So, my question is, if the protests don't work because the Board and the manager and the owner don't give a flying fuck what us the disposable real fans think or say, then is there any other alternative to protests? Should we now look at something like a mass boycott of the Soulless Bowl? I know last season there were fans that on the surface supported the protests, but were loathe to actually protest. Would they be more inclined to "not attend"?

Would it have any impact? Certainly not in the immediate short term, as the tourists etc would just take enough seats to minimise the impact. But if it was a major boycott over a season or two or three? At some point surely it would become unsustainable? Would huge swathes of empty seats embarrass the club/shareholders/directors enough or, more pertinently, affect their sponsorship deals enough, to push them to do something about either Wiggy, Wenger or both?

I'm not for a moment saying it would - I'm far too realistic and cynical for that. But would it be worth at least trying to organise? Is it a viable alternative?

NickF

Post by NickF »

Unfortunately will never happen, most of the supporters at the Emirates simply don't care enough. We had this last year, if you ask someone to change their match day routine, they won't.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm
Unfortunately will never happen, most of the supporters at the Emirates simply don't care enough. We had this last year, if you ask someone to change their match day routine, they won't.
Supporters??? would question that one...would say 50% not that interested in the result.....getting there late and leaving early.....just to say on face bollox or twitter that they are doing something in there sad lives....

Day trippers, Tourists, Corporates....whatever.....wankers all

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yarbles to wengercuntslop.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm
You are of course right Nick. Ultimately the game we all grew up supporting is pretty much dead. The tribal passion of it is gone, replaced by corporate wánker customers and JCL tourist Facebook cúnts.

It is very un-PC to say this, but tbh fuck it I'm not known for my PC-ness anyway, but there is no denying the game was at its best when it was just mostly working class lads supporting their teams, before it became an all-inclusive PC shitfest aimed at "customers" and motivated by money rather than trophies.

And one of the biggest cúnts responsible for this is David Dein, still viewed by many Gooners as the man that could have saved Arsenal from this current malaise we find ourselves in. :x :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! Bang On Me ole Droogy!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:48 pm
I've been reading Frank McLintock's autobiography and his description of the fan protests that led to Billy Wright getting sacked in 1966 makes for interesting and pertinent reading. Our attendances dropped from 50,000+ to 17,000 to 7,000 and finally to a paltry 4,554 spectators who turned up to watch the Old Division One game against Dirty Leeds, all amidst mass fan protests. And it worked. Wright was sacked by the Board as it hit them where it hurt; at the turnstiles and thusly in the pocket.

The bad news of course is that it was an era when we, the regular lifelong Arsenal supporters, had a modicum of actual power and influence at the club. There were no JCL's, tourists or day trippers to replace us, there was no TV money to cover (either short or medium turn) drops in matchday revenue and the club was owned and run by people that were actually historically part of the club, not necessarily brilliant or honest people, but at least, Arsenal people. :wink:

Looking at last season, what can we take from it? Mixed feelings mostly. The protests attracted reasonably good media attention, the lads that organised them and led them (and those that turned up regularly) did sterling work, but ultimately the numbers were not there often enough. And that is not in any way a reflection on the organisers, but rather a pretty sad indictment of where we are as a club - our die hard fan base have either been priced out or have walked away from the complete horseshit that is Arsene Wenger PLC as owned by a disinterested unambitious (in the footballing sense) American billionaire. And worse, the club could not give a fuck because whilst the PL is still such a hot potato they have the TV money and the tourist fans' money to tied them over. In the short to medium term anyway.

I know, you all know this. So, my question is, if the protests don't work because the Board and the manager and the owner don't give a flying fuck what us the disposable real fans think or say, then is there any other alternative to protests? Should we now look at something like a mass boycott of the Soulless Bowl? I know last season there were fans that on the surface supported the protests, but were loathe to actually protest. Would they be more inclined to "not attend"?

Would it have any impact? Certainly not in the immediate short term, as the tourists etc would just take enough seats to minimise the impact. But if it was a major boycott over a season or two or three? At some point surely it would become unsustainable? Would huge swathes of empty seats embarrass the club/shareholders/directors enough or, more pertinently, affect their sponsorship deals enough, to push them to do something about either Wiggy, Wenger or both?

I'm not for a moment saying it would - I'm far too realistic and cynical for that. But would it be worth at least trying to organise? Is it a viable alternative?

This is a very good analysis of where we are, what we're up against and what it's posdible to do to effect change. It also highlights a vital point imo and that is, for all the screaming about tourists and jcl's taking up the slack if "proper" supporters protest and boycott, that would be a short term relief for the Club. Give it 2 or 3 seasons and they would drift away and we'd see the swathes of empty seats that DB speculates about. We actually saw beginnings of it during that awful run last season. With Chelsea continuing to cement their place as London's main club (I know, I know, but it's time to grow up, get over the tribal loyalty and face facts.....ask any neutral home or in Europe and they'll tell you Chelsea are London's main outfit) and with the scum's impressive team and new stadium and if we don't change things (we won't), then the tourists etc will be drawn away.

I do accept Nick's point that the fanbase has no stomach for the fight and for that I blame the proper fans. I've said before on here that it's all too easy to blame tourists and jcl's, but the stadium still has a vast majority of long term gooners that are either still pro Wenger, or simply won't protest. There are ardent Wenger outers on this forum that wouldn't join the protests last season and were even having digs at certain active protesters. It is, of course, everyone's right to do as they wish, but I simply can't fathom why anyone would be so vocally anti on here (and I have no doubt that they are genuinely so), but wouldn't / won't actively join the protests. I had serious doubts about Wenger in 2006 and by 2007 wanted him gone and have raged loudly about it ever since. It wasn't necessarily easy to find the time or, indeed, the inclination to protest last season, but I would have felt a complete hypocrite if I hadn't got actively involved.

Again, I've made the point on here before that there's about 40,000 season ticket holders at the Club and most of them certainly aren't tourists or jcl's. If only 10% had joined the protests, that would have been 4,000 people having a scream up and making an impact that even latter day Arsenal could not ignore. The problem is the inactivity, cowardice and supine behaviour of "proper" fans, not the jcl's etc who get scapegoated. If our fans can be bothered to wake up, then DB's boycott's and other in-stadium protests will have a dramatic impact.

This leads to a key tactical change. I agree with Nick that those fans won't ever turn in the required numbers, as long as the target is Wenger. I fully agreed last season that to turn on Kroenke would have diluted the message, but our efforts, valiant as they were, ultimately failed. We have to go after Kroenke and by extension, that might drag Wenger into Stan's firing line. Hopefully, it would get rid of both of the parasites. In those final couple of league games last season, the fans, totally spontaneously, turned vocally, in big numbers, on Stan. Imagine the reaction if our protests target him and stir anti Kroenke sentiment up.....the long awaited in-stadium protests will finally happen. It doesn't spare Wenger, he'd be guilty by association and he would take to defending Stan and criticising the fans.....good, because that would drag him into the mix. We can argue all day about whether it's Wenger or Kroenke who's to blame, but that gets us nowhere. We have to be political about this and who knows, we might eventually rid ourselves of both.

Up The Gunners !!

NickF

Post by NickF »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 pm

This leads to a key tactical change. I agree with Nick that those fans won't ever turn in the required numbers, as long as the target is Wenger. I fully agreed last season that to turn on Kroenke would have diluted the message, but our efforts, valiant as they were, ultimately failed. We have to go after Kroenke and by extension, that might drag Wenger into Stan's firing line. Hopefully, it would get rid of both of the parasites. In those final couple of league games last season, the fans, totally spontaneously, turned vocally, in big numbers, on Stan. Imagine the reaction if our protests target him and stir anti Kroenke sentiment up.....the long awaited in-stadium protests will finally happen. It doesn't spare Wenger, he'd be guilty by association and he would take to defending Stan and criticising the fans.....good, because that would drag him into the mix. We can argue all day about whether it's Wenger or Kroenke who's to blame, but that gets us nowhere. We have to be political about this and who knows, we might eventually rid ourselves of both.

Up The Gunners !!
The fans will not do anything in significant numbers even if the target is Kroenke (which IMO lets Wenger off the hook). Apathy is the biggest problem.

The bottom line is you can shout at Kroenke as much as you like but:

1) He isn't at the games or even in the country to hear (and probably doesn't give a f**k anyway)
2) Unless you have a spare 2bn sitting around he's not going anywhere, even Usmanov has gone very quiet on that front.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Up The Gunners !!
The fans will not do anything in significant numbers even if the target is Kroenke (which IMO lets Wenger off the hook). Apathy is the biggest problem.

The bottom line is you can shout at Kroenke as much as you like but:

1) He isn't at the games or even in the country to hear (and probably doesn't give a f**k anyway)
2) Unless you have a spare 2bn sitting around he's not going anywhere, even Usmanov has gone very quiet on that front.

Ok Nick, you may well be right, but what's the alternative.....do nothing ??

To accept things as they are and do nothing, really will signal the death of the Club. Am I optimistic that going after Kroenke will force change ? Not particularly, but we know from recent experience that going after Wenger doesn't work. For whatever bizarre reasons and as lunatic as it may be, too many supporters (and as I've said, proper long term Gooners) simply won't turn on him. He also has media support that no other manager would ever get. We tried last season and failed. Support for the protests diminished rather than increased and that was during the dreadful run the team had.

The fans will turn on Kroenke far more readily and whether he's here or not and whether he gives a damn or not, it WILL affect the Club (in image, credibility, sponsorship and ultimately money) if there are boycotts and mass protests INSIDE the stadium. You're quite right that the problem is apathy, but there was no apathy in those spontaneous "Stan Kroenke get out of our Club" chants at the end of last season. There has never been such a loud and universal anti Wenger chant.

As for letting Wenger off the hook, well 1. I don't think it would and 2. Without repeating myself, we've seen that going after him doesn't work. If anti Kroenke protests get too hot for the Club, then Wenger will be in the firing line. At any club where fans have attacked the owner and / or the board, the manager always goes before the board does. I realise that Wenger's position at The Arsenal is quite unlike any other managerial position in football, but if the heat is turned up enough, he will get dragged into the mess. As I've said, he'll involve himself soon enough anyway, by defending Kroenke and vilifying the fans.

None of this may work, but we can't blame the apathy of our support and then do nothing ourselves. I do, of course, appreciate that you have already done far more than most and for that you deserve our admiration and thanks.