Red star, away, Europa league Thurs 19th oct

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Red star, away, Europa league Thurs 19th oct

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 am
Colourist. :D
Beauty has no colour my friend, shite on the other hand.... 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

This is our true level...
So get used to it..... :lol:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

I wonder how he is going to field a weaker team than last night for the next game?, this is always how he operated in the be all and end all cup. Play 3 win 3 then proceed to f**k it up by throwing out the kids in the next 2 games, getting 1 point and having to battle to finish 2nd in the last game in order to get raped by Bayern

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

greengooner wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am
I wonder how he is going to field a weaker team than last night for the next game?, this is always how he operated in the be all and end all cup. Play 3 win 3 then proceed to f**k it up by throwing out the kids in the next 2 games, getting 1 point and having to battle to finish 2nd in the last game in order to get raped by Bayern
Ahhhh them were the days :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:05 am
Yeah the Arsene Stanley regime was always likely to make us a bland, boring but safe profitable investment, shareholders cup for us. :barscarf:

:roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:34 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Yeah the Arsene Stanley regime was always likely to make us a bland, boring but safe profitable investment, shareholders cup for us. :barscarf:

Absolute shite!...and now I hear Ozil wants to go to Man Utd.... :shock:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:05 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

meh, Ozil to United and Sanchez to City. The masses won't say anything. Business as usual with a nice profit for Stan and a bonus for Wenger.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

NickF wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:05 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

meh, Ozil to United and Sanchez to City. The masses won't say anything. Business as usual with a nice profit for Stan and a bonus for Wenger.
it would be interesting to see the old fool spin a story if Ozil went to old toilet and became the star of a league winning side.
No doubt he'd have some bullshit reason for this turn of events

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Apparently there was a game on Thursday? And we won. And now we're top of the group. Rodders.....get the Walrus of Love on mate

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

greengooner wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:43 pm

it would be interesting to see the old fool spin a story if Ozil went to old toilet and became the star of a league winning side.
No doubt he'd have some bullshit reason for this turn of events
I would look forward to his wincing at the press conference after Ozil goes to side with Mourinho, that is about all we have left to enjoy - Wenger's discomfort at awkward questions.

No dount Ivan will do most of the talking at the AGM next week, it will keep the heat off of Wiggy and his head of accounts (Wenger) and he can spin a good line without actually admitting anything. :censored: :censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Those Red Star fans were amazing.....real passion....just like being at the Emirates :rubchin:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 pm
The thing I've found most disappointing about watching the young lads in both the europa league and league cup this season is the fact that they all seem so fucking bland.

Nobody wants to stick their head above the crowd and try to beat a man with a bit of skill or a drop of the shoulder. No incisive pass, no flair - nothing. They get the ball and look for the safe sideways or backwards pass leading to absolutely fuck all. Drab, nothing play.

I see no one who wants to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive at the opposition, nobody capable of creating something from nothing.

Jack stood out a country mile tonight as the one guy who has all of the qualities I've outlined above, the rest are all fucking beige as far as I'm concerned.

I can't see any of them ever forging a career at the club or the top division for that matter. Rhys Nelson the most disappointing so far, just 90 minutes of absolutely nothing from him again.

The future's shite.
Spot On!!

I was on business in Norway, and watched some match with my clients locally. Much more fun & good match to boot. Not in the P.L. Class but you couldn't fault the effort, enjoyment of both players & fans. Forgot AFC were even playing....

After 40 years of supporting my club, I think that's a first time ever, that I didn't realise we were actually playing. I didn't even know it was Match Day! :( :o

beck

Post by beck »

markyp wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:47 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:45 am
Didn't we go to Madrid and beat the Galaticos?

Only Ronaldo would get into that team and we had Senderos at the back. Their draw totally overhyped.

Belgrade will be tougher opponents than Maribor. A draw would be a good result. Jack has to start, surely he has to start.
the galitcos were epic flops though weren't they? great individuals but as a team pretty shit and won f all if my memory serves me well??
They had won 11 of the 12 games leading up to our win at Real Madrid drawing the other one