Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MrT

Re: Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

Post by MrT »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:03 pm
Ahhh.....just when Everton fans thought that Koeman was about to get the sack along comes the gift that keeps on giving......a visit from Arsene's mentally jaded little flowers.

Prediction: commentators afterwards saying "why haven't Everton been playing like this every week?"

A nailed on defeat against a team without a striker
You know how secretly happy the Everton players are because they know it's a chance to kickstart their season. The club is not even a big scalp anymore since they are soundly beaten multiple times a season but it's the manner of the defeat which always gives the opposition a major psychological boost.

Prediction - Lacazette with the opener within 10 minutes. Wenger instructs them to sit back and invite pressure until a calamitous error from Xhaka or one of our defenders invites a Rooney tap in. Then in the 84th minute, a whipped in cross from Baines is pathetically cleared by Ramsey and lands at Tom Davies feet to slot one home to win it for them.

Offside

Post by Offside »

We all know what happens when Arsenal come up against a crisis club that is desperately out of form. Go on Everton, fill your boots.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I can see this being a dreadful 0-0 bore draw.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Honest answer?, I no longer really care.

Win/draw/lose changes nothing in the bigger picture.

:banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 pm
Honest answer?, I no longer really care.

Win/draw/lose changes nothing in the bigger picture.

:banghead:
Agreed and that is the worst thing about the club now, they have destroyed any enjoyment i used to get from the Arsenal. That for me is unforgivable.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

If we can win by 6 goals we are up into 4th and will send out a clear message :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sky have done a sit down interview with SFB that is going to be broadcast pre game and for those of you with a weak stomach my advice would be - avoid it like the fucking plague.

They've realeased some of the transcript and my bowels opened while reading through it.

He's been waffling on about the club's "values" for the thousandth time :roll: but the bit that comes with the health warning is the sad old bastard says he has no intention of retiring and wants to carry on his mission at the club....possibly forever

:suicide:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:54 am
Sky have done a sit down interview with SFB that is going to be broadcast pre game and for those of you with a weak stomach my advice would be - avoid it like the fucking plague.

They've realeased some of the transcript and my bowels opened while reading through it.

He's been waffling on about the club's "values" for the thousandth time :roll: but the bit that comes with the health warning is the sad old bastard says he has no intention of retiring and wants to carry on his mission at the club....possibly forever

Why doesn't someone with 2 balls in his trousers ask him firstly...Arsene you often mention your values and the values of the club, can you please tell our readers exactly what those values are?? Secondly.... you talk about "your mission" can you please tell our readers exactly what that mission is???

If he had real balls he could say...because to be honest you have been waffling vaguely about things like values, handbrake, FFP, mental fatigue, expected goals and a plethora of other crap for over a decade while the team you are managing is slipping further & further down the table...... Please explain....

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

In 2-3 weeks, when Koeman is sacked, you'll hear something along the lines of "Everton have been in a dismal run of form, with their only win of late coming against Arsenal".

This happens again and again, that shit teams, know that they can get at us, which explains why Troy Deeney was being an arrogant *word censored*, after the game last weekend.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:

Why doesn't some *word censored* ask the old *word censored* why he thinks he deserved a new contract and why he hasn't changed anything in fucking years?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Here's the starting XI and subs:

Arsenal
33Cech
6Koscielny
4Mertesacker
18Monreal
24Bellerín
8Ramsey
29Xhaka
31Kolasinac
11Özil
7Sánchez
9Lacazette

Substitutes
10Wilshere
12Giroud
14Walcott
16Holding
17Iwobi
34Coquelin
54Macey

God knows what'll happen today but it won't be pretty.

General

Post by General »

rodders999 wrote:

The cowardly press allowing him to shift the goal posts as usual. Of all the interviews I've watched in recent years, only Jake Humphrey's piece with BT sport last season came close to exerting any sort of pressure on him. It's a scandal in itself. Jake probably won't get another interview again.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Expect Sigurdsson's Everton career to get a big boost today.He has been shit but we might save him.

Clash

Post by Clash »

While I acknowledge all the times we've kick-started another clubs season ... something even more common is the opposition letting Wenger off the hook. And I think the latter will be the case again today.

Everton just have too many ways of self-destructing at the moment and its a good time to play what can often be a tough fixture. I can see Everton missing chances, making silly mistakes at the back and even going down to 10 men at some point.

Wenger will then have that smirk on his face because we've finally won an away game and Koeman will be sacked on Monday or Tuesday. Another potential replacement killed off :suicide:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Clash wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 pm
While I acknowledge all the times we've kick-started another clubs season ... something even more common is the opposition letting Wenger off the hook. And I think the latter will be the case again today.

Everton just have too many ways of self-destructing at the moment and its a good time to play what can often be a tough fixture. I can see Everton missing chances, making silly mistakes at the back and even going down to 10 men at some point.

Wenger will then have that smirk on his face because we've finally won an away game and Koeman will be sacked on Monday or Tuesday. Another potential replacement killed off :suicide:
There has been times when the opposition has let Wenger off the hook, but your also forgetting there is no run of results that truly puts Wenger under pressure. We could lose 6 in a row, and if we win the 7th, then the memory reset button is pressed, and everything Is ok again. It's a complete myth for anyone to suggest that there is a point when the fans will all turn on Wenger. Social media is like a shrine to him today, because it's his birthday, that's what your up against.