THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by BFG4 »

ten20 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:45 pm
If Ozil and Wilshere can be secured then Wenger hopes that “the rebuild will be less deep”, and it will not be so hard to launch the club’s 2018-19 Premier League challenge, a job that Wenger is already relishing.

Next season will be the second of the two-year deal Wenger signed last summer and the questions are already mounting about whether he wants to see it through. But at his Friday morning press conference he insisted – Arsenal fans have heard this one before – that he has never walked out of a contract, and is not going to start now.

“I am always committed, I am here for 21 years,” Wenger said. Asked whether he would be considering stepping down at the end of the season, Wenger said that he would not be going anywhere. “My contract clarifies that”, he said, pointing to the fact it lasts for next season too.

“Did I ever walk away? Never.” Would he change the habit of a lifetime in the summer of 2018? “Why should I change?”
This kunnt is only leaving in a coffin :banghead:
The reality is, that this ego-maniac won't just announce he is leaving on a Saturday, and be gone on a Sunday. If he does decide he is fucking off, he will say it well in advance so the AKB'S can have a final wankaton, consisting of an 'Arsene Wenger day' and his massive ego can be stroked for a bit longer. If Wenger does decide he doesn't want to be manager any more, he will move upstairs, and probably pick his successor. Wenger's hypocrisy will also come into play, as the man who said he would never work under a DOF, will definitely take that role, if offered it by wiggy.

MrT

Post by MrT »

silus wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Tbf the "holier than tho" has come from both sides of the debate. I've lost count of the times that people who still go, have been refered to as "mugs" on here. As i've said before, i respect peoples decision not to go...but i don't expect to be criticised because i still do.

I just want us all to be friends again :cry:

I also think that this is his last season...but I have been wrong on this before...a lot!!!
It's more of the fact that people moan constantly about the state of the club, manager/board etc yet still pay for the privilege of getting bent over. I don't understand why, if someone is fed up with how a business treats it's customers do they still give them their hard earned money, it's fucking baffling.

Monaco 2015 was the last straw and last game for me, stopped paying out of my pocket for tickets long before that. Genuinely struggle to understand why people still go. The football is shite, the home support is shite, the tickets are extortionate, the board are money hungry c*nts, the manager is the biggest arrogant c*nt of them all.

It's your money, no one should ever tell you how to spend it, but whether you like it or not, your money is telling them that you're happy with the polished turds you're being served and that they don't need to change anything.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 pm
Remember last year when the window lickers were saying that it was imperative SFB signed a new deal with the club because Sanchez and Ozil would not sign contract extensions unless Wanka did too?

"Their future's are tied to the manager's" was the horse shit story the rats at the club fed to the press.

How's all that coming along then?

:roll:
Their futures are tied to the managers. Just not in the way which people envisaged.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think players know Wenger is a spent force, yesterday's news, past his sale by date, can't plan a defence, living off past glory.
Sanchez saga is hard for all fans to face because he is by far our best player and won't be replaced. I don't want a player called Malcolm it just doesn't sound right.
We must be hopeful that one day a new manager can attract and keep top quality players but until that day we are finished.
Nothing else to debate or add we are a spent force because our manager is a spent force.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

If Ozil and Wilshere can be secured then Wenger hopes that “the rebuild will be less deep”, and it will not be so hard to launch the club’s 2018-19 Premier League challenge, a job that Wenger is already relishing.

Next season will be the second of the two-year deal Wenger signed last summer and the questions are already mounting about whether he wants to see it through. But at his Friday morning press conference he insisted – Arsenal fans have heard this one before – that he has never walked out of a contract, and is not going to start now.

“I am always committed, I am here for 21 years,” Wenger said. Asked whether he would be considering stepping down at the end of the season, Wenger said that he would not be going anywhere. “My contract clarifies that”, he said, pointing to the fact it lasts for next season too.

“Did I ever walk away? Never.” Would he change the habit of a lifetime in the summer of 2018? “Why should I change?”
SHOOT ME!

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Seems Alexis is off to the red mancs. If it happens please tell me TOF will be immediately hounded out of our Club. Jesus fucking christ! Can a fan base be this docile? :cussing: :banghead: :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Blood_Gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:59 pm
Seems Alexis is off to the red mancs. If it happens please tell me TOF will be immediately hounded out of our Club. Jesus fucking christ! Can a fan base be this docile? :cussing: :banghead: :banghead:
Yes, yes they can :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The most pathetic thing about Wenger, is that there is zero self-reflection on his part. As human beings, we are usually last to notice our own mistakes, but generally we are willing to change what we are doing, if something clearly isn't working, but not Wenger. It's funny how as long as he can keep trying his own outdated methods, with zero input from anyone else,he is contented. When we slipped from being title challengers to VT contenders, Wenger happily accepted it, to the point of wearing CL appearances as a badge of honour. Now, as we have slipped to being a top 6 team, he is contented with that, and im sure if we become simply a top half team, he will happily embrace that, as long as he can maintain control and make the same idiotic outdated decisions. Of the numerous reasons to hate Wenger, the lack of professional integrity or determination to succeed is one of the top reasons, and in order to maintain control, outside forces like financial doping, injuries, referees, etc. all need to be blamed. What a shameless piece of shit he is.

shu

Post by shu »

Blood_Gooner wrote:
To fucking right , what a joke

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Blood_Gooner wrote:
Have to be optimistic apparently .......

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

shu wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 pm
Blood_Gooner wrote:
To fucking right , what a joke
nail on the head.....thats why Wenger will still be here next season...and the foreseeable future.....the fan base...WANKERS

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I haven't posted on here in a long while as lost interest in watching Arsenal, but still follow them through the blogs and this hilarious forum. It's probably more entertaining than the actual match.

Anyway - I thought that I would post this link of that serious disciplinarian, Wenger - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42594402

I will bet that the team are probably quaking in their boots at what could happen, maybe they will be made to start the next 10 matches regardless of performance?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Anyone know if it's still "ideal" to have all these players in the last year of their contracts? :roll:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:46 pm
Anyone know if it's still "ideal" to have all these players in the last year of their contracts? :roll:
More the question is how the fuck have half these players been offered contracts?

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:46 pm

I believe that the hunger index has never been higher :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: