Jack Wilshere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Jack Wilshere the most over rated player in English foot

Post by g88ner »

goonersid wrote:He is over rated and tbh a bit of a prick, if he played for the spuds we would be going on about just that.
The sooner Carzola comes back the better, no coincidence that our most fluent performance of the season, against Napoli came when Wilshire was on the bench and that quite frankly is where he belongs in regards to this Arsenal midfield.
Really don't understand why you seem to dislike him so much. I know you really hate Ramsey, but still, it's bizarre that you can dislike our 2 Brits so much :?

You know full well Wilshere isn't fit. He doesn't look anywhere near comfortable on the pitch, so what's with all the criticism? - like Ramsey, you can't expect players not to have dips in their careers when they're blighted by long term injuries.

People need to be more understanding. It wouldn't surprise me, if I checked your post history, if you were heavily critical of Eduardo as well. :(

Anyway, just read about Jack smoking. Can't say I give a shit (didn't Pires smoke?) as long as he smokes casually, I'm not going to criticise him for it. Wenger's right though, it harms your reputation when you do it so openly.

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

g88ner wrote: Wenger's right
He's an AKB! Burn him! :D :D

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

goonersid wrote:He is over rated and tbh a bit of a prick, if he played for the spuds we would be going on about just that.
The sooner Carzola comes back the better, no coincidence that our most fluent performance of the season, against Napoli came when Wilshire was on the bench and that quite frankly is where he belongs in regards to this Arsenal midfield.
You can't even spell the names of two of our players correctly, a clear indication of the validity of your opinion on this matter. :censored:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Anyone lucky enough to earn their living playing football is truly blessed and any footballer who smokes should have his bollocks dipped in acid, set fire to and crushed between two bricks.

I remember finding out years after Euro 96 that Gazza and Sheringham were regular smokers and remembered that, late in the game, Gazza was a whisker from converting a cross to win us the game. Would the one inch he was short be accounted for by reduced lung capacity due to years of smoking?

To have the likes of Jack, Ballotelli etc, apparently having no problem being seen smoking shows contempt for their careers, the club and the fans.
Surely in the same way that modern contracts have 'no motorbike etc' clauses they have no smoking clauses. If not why not.

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

GranadaJoe wrote:Anyone lucky enough to earn their living playing football is truly blessed
Exactly, I would do pretty much anything to have the talent he has when it comes to football, and even more to play in an Arsenal shirt in front of 60,000 people every other week. For him to fritter some of his ability away like that disappoints me a bit as he is pissing away an opportunity that many would love to have for free.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If this is how Wenger reacts to a cigarette imagine what he'll be like when a tabloid snaps Jack stumbling out of a nightclub with powder all around his nose. Allegedly. :twisted:

Post by 1989 »

swimmer1 wrote:Who's being hysterical just a question 2am outside a nightclub smoking if he wants to go to be one of the best which he has the ability to you need to be a lot more disciplined .
He needs to take a good look at Ramsey and the way he has applied himself.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Smoking when your a professional footballer is just plain stupid, but hes only a young lad who needs to learn.
He is a fantastic footballer, who would get in my team every week, this thread is complete bollox.

scfc64

Post by scfc64 »

EE,I don't know.....You can't light a fag up anywhere these days...but you can marry one :cheekkiss:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SoreSack wrote:hes a bit of a prick? whats that based on?

him smoking on a night out is a nothing story ffs :lol:
He has been in the press for the wrong reasons before

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

g88ner wrote:
Really don't understand why you seem to dislike him so much. I know you really hate Ramsey, but still, it's bizarre that you can dislike our 2 Brits so much :?

You know full well Wilshere isn't fit. He doesn't look anywhere near comfortable on the pitch, so what's with all the criticism? - like Ramsey, you can't expect players not to have dips in their careers when they're blighted by long term injuries.

People need to be more understanding. It wouldn't surprise me, if I checked your post history, if you were heavily critical of Eduardo as well. :(

Anyway, just read about Jack smoking. Can't say I give a shit (didn't Pires smoke?) as long as he smokes casually, I'm not going to criticise him for it. Wenger's right though, it harms your reputation when you do it so openly.
Firstly we have other "Brits" Gibbs for example whom I have no issues with and even more in the past whom I idolised, so you are barking up the wrong tree if you are insinuating that my criticism has anything to do with nationality, I still don't think Giroud is good enough and to my knowledge he isn't a "Brit" as for Ramsey, he is to my delight proving me wrong, as for Wilshire I base my opinion on his performances, which in my opinion, don't stand up to the media hype, eg, he was poor against Swansea, yet Gareth Crookes had him in his team of the week.
I will save you the trouble of checking my history and assure you I have never criticised Eduardo.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Robin_L wrote:
You can't even spell the names of two of our players correctly, a clear indication of the validity of your opinion on this matter. :censored:
If a spelling or typing error where the basis on which peoples opinions where validated, then half the posts on this forum could be disregarded. As for your personal abuse I suggest you refrain from that as it isn't welcome on this form, should you however have the misfortune to meet me face to face I will be more than willing to listen to whatever abuse you wish to direct towards me. albeit at your own risk.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

goonersid wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Firstly we have other "Brits" Gibbs for example whom I have no issues with and even more in the past whom I idolised, so you are barking up the wrong tree if you are insinuating that my criticism has anything to do with nationality, I still don't think Giroud is good enough and to my knowledge he isn't a "Brit" as for Ramsey, he is to my delight proving me wrong, as for Wilshire I base my opinion on his performances, which in my opinion, don't stand up to the media hype, eg, he was poor against Swansea, yet Gareth Crookes had him in his team of the week.
I will save you the trouble of checking my history and assure you I have never criticised Eduardo.
Wasn't insinuating anything of the sort, mate. The link is long term injuries and a long road back; not nationality. You hate Ramsey's guts despite what he's had to endure and you seem ultra critical of Jack who is struggling from long term injury as well.

It's great that you're delighted by Ramsey's form, despite your dislike for the lad, but isn't that a lesson that Jack needs time and patience as well?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

g88ner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Wasn't insinuating anything of the sort, mate.

Nice to see you're delighted by Ramsey's form, despite your dislike for the lad.
g88ner, I dont dislike him personally, but he was shite last season that's all.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

goonersid wrote:
g88ner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Wasn't insinuating anything of the sort, mate.

Nice to see you're delighted by Ramsey's form, despite your dislike for the lad.
g88ner, I dont dislike him personally, but he was shite last season that's all.
Come on Sid, you wanted him to get his leg broken AGAIN mate :shock: :lol: - you can't say you don't dislike the lad with comments like that, surely :lol: :wink:

Anyway, there's surely parallel's between Jack and Ramsey, in that you were fiercely critical of Ramsey (and wishing ill on him) despite the long road he's had to endure and now Jack is on a similar journey, you're showing zero tolerance of him too.

Surely, what with Ramsey's recent progress, there's a lesson to be learnt here? and young players who have had a year or more of their career stolen by injury at a critical point of their development need time and patience to get their careers back on track?