Cup final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
H Block Lower

Re: Cup final tickets

Post by H Block Lower »

MK Gould wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Lee1 wrote:Genuinely pleased for you lads with tickets so far... you deserve them. I am nervously awaiting the ballot result on 30th :rubchin: :cry:
Yup good luck, I am also sweating on the ballot. We have 25k tickets, I recogn 10k have been snapped up by seaso ticket holders with 3 or more away credits. That means 15,000 into 32,000, pretty much a coinflip as we say in poker circles.
I would imagine pretty much anybody eligible for a guaranteed ticket will buy one, even if it is for them to give/sell on to family/friend.

I don't know what the numbers are but 10,000 seems a bit low than me? I would have imagined more than a quarter of ST holders have been to 3+ away games in the last 2 years.
You'd be surprised... None of the guys around us in the family enclosure have 3+ away credits. There are a lot of older fans, or guys who go with their kids, who never go to away games. Or the only away games they go to are semi finals and finals, for which you don't get an away credit!

But I would also wonder how many of the 25000 are truly "available" to start with. The club will surely skim at least 1000 off the pile for players, staff, directors and other assorted hangers on...

I'm also waiting on the ballot and I think 10k is a bit high. When you think the majority of games sell out at 10-15 credits (the games that I've checked which admittingly isn't all of them) then you tend to get a lot of the same people going all the time. Also take into account the away season ticket holders which also limit the amount of tickets available to the credit system. I was guessing at a figure of about 7k. I do agree though the corporate wankers will get more than their fair share along with the players and staff, so as already mentioned the real figure will be no where near 25k.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Just wondering, was the situation any better at the Millennium Stadium when we had finals there?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

When we had cup finals at the Millenium we were still at Highbury with far fewer season ticket holders.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Think allocations were 23,500 at Millennium Stadium so not much difference, although as said we had far fewer ST holders then.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

northbank123 wrote:Think allocations were 23,500 at Millennium Stadium so not much difference, although as said we had far fewer ST holders then.
Season ticket at highbury = guaranteed ticket for cup finals with the exception of the CL final.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
MK Gould wrote:Just out of interest, at which row does the price change...? I was in row 5 (block 137) for the semi and this was in the 3rd price category. But my tickets for the final in row 16 (block 132) are in the 2nd price category i.e. £85.

If it turns out I'm paying £20 more than the row in front of me I'll just tell the feckers to sit down :lol: !
I think it changes at row 15. :wink:
Just had a look to see how ticket sales are going and £85 tickets go as far down as row 11 (thank fuck!)...

To be honest, it looked like there were only singles left for the £65 tickets in the lower tier. And they all seemed to be in rows 1-3.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Counting down the days to this. Don't really give a flying fuck about the remaining AFC snoozefest/LFC wankfest.

Hoping to get a ticket but by all rights can't honestly say I deserve one. Either way looking forward to a cracking day, booze-up and hopefully celebrating our first trophy in nearly a decade. I remember being at the Millennium Stadium and gleefully chanting "USA USA USA USA" as we robbed the trophy from United. If you'd have told me then that we'd be under the control of a greedy American and had barely got near winning a trophy since then I'd have put the head on you.

Herd

Post by Herd »

MK Gould wrote:Word of warning as well for anyone buying from an unofficial source... I know that a lot of people got stung at the CL Final after paying vastly over face value for tickets that turned out to be fake. If you are going to pay inflated prices, then at least make sure it's from a source you can trust...which rules out a certain salesman on this thread!
My son got in on a fake i bought for 30 euros in Paris !

_James_

Post by _James_ »

H Block Lower wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Lee1 wrote:Genuinely pleased for you lads with tickets so far... you deserve them. I am nervously awaiting the ballot result on 30th :rubchin: :cry:
Yup good luck, I am also sweating on the ballot. We have 25k tickets, I recogn 10k have been snapped up by seaso ticket holders with 3 or more away credits. That means 15,000 into 32,000, pretty much a coinflip as we say in poker circles.
I would imagine pretty much anybody eligible for a guaranteed ticket will buy one, even if it is for them to give/sell on to family/friend.

I don't know what the numbers are but 10,000 seems a bit low than me? I would have imagined more than a quarter of ST holders have been to 3+ away games in the last 2 years.
You'd be surprised... None of the guys around us in the family enclosure have 3+ away credits. There are a lot of older fans, or guys who go with their kids, who never go to away games. Or the only away games they go to are semi finals and finals, for which you don't get an away credit!

But I would also wonder how many of the 25000 are truly "available" to start with. The club will surely skim at least 1000 off the pile for players, staff, directors and other assorted hangers on...

I'm also waiting on the ballot and I think 10k is a bit high. When you think the majority of games sell out at 10-15 credits (the games that I've checked which admittingly isn't all of them) then you tend to get a lot of the same people going all the time. Also take into account the away season ticket holders which also limit the amount of tickets available to the credit system. I was guessing at a figure of about 7k. I do agree though the corporate wankers will get more than their fair share along with the players and staff, so as already mentioned the real figure will be no where near 25k.
I would have guessed 7,000-8,000 season ticket holders have 3+ away credits from where the away tickets seem to sell out.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

I am led to believe there were 5500 eligible in the 1st category of applicants (numbers supplied by afc staff member when this was announced for semis ).

If you assume 5000 purchased for starters.

Boxholders and Diamond were all guaranteed 1 each so thats another 2000 gone

Strip out sponsors, partners, hanger ons, players , etc etc must be another 1000 wiped out.

That leaves 17,000 maximum and I estimate at least 34,000 left to apply so safe to think it will be 1 in 2 chance of getting at best

nut flush gooner

georgeknows89 wrote:I am led to believe there were 5500 eligible in the 1st category of applicants (numbers supplied by afc staff member when this was announced for semis ).

Strip out sponsors, partners, hanger ons, players , etc etc must be another 1000 wiped out.

That leaves 17,000 maximum and I estimate at least 34,000 left to apply so safe to think it will be 1 in 2 chance of getting at best
Yeah I figured that, but given those odds what do we do when 1 or 2 out of our group don't get a ticket. If all three of us don't get em mehhhh fair enough, but its inevitable that someone will be disappointed. Has anyone had any good stories to tell about buying from touts (not that being fleeced is good!) ie they havent been scammed? I've seen one ticket seller outed on craiglist as a scammer.

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

nut flush gooner wrote:
georgeknows89 wrote:I am led to believe there were 5500 eligible in the 1st category of applicants (numbers supplied by afc staff member when this was announced for semis ).

Yeah I figured that, but given those odds what do we do when 1 or 2 out of our group don't get a ticket. If all three of us don't get em mehhhh fair enough, but its inevitable that someone will be disappointed. Has anyone had any good stories to tell about buying from touts (not that being fleeced is good!) ie they havent been scammed? I've seen one ticket seller outed on craiglist as a scammer.

Craiglist is full of scammers, none of them is genuine!! I messaged some of them b4 the semifinal and surprisingly none of them lived or could meet up in London, they wanted me to pay them either through paypal or into their bank account. I thought paypal was safe but after doing some research, I found out that Paypal doesn't guarantee any protection unless the transaction has been made on ebay. I bought a pair off an agency in the end, they sent the tickets over and I had no problems at all. Obvs they were over face value.

Anyways, don't trust anyone on craiglist unless they are willing to meet and give you the tickets in hand

nut flush gooner

valdemordor wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Craiglist is full of scammers, none of them is genuine!! I messaged some of them b4 the semifinal and surprisingly none of them lived or could meet up in London, they wanted me to pay them either through paypal or into their bank account. I thought paypal was safe but after doing some research, I found out that Paypal doesn't guarantee any protection unless the transaction has been made on ebay. I bought a pair off an agency in the end, they sent the tickets over and I had no problems at all. Obvs they were over face value.

Anyways, don't trust anyone on craiglist unless they are willing to meet and give you the tickets in hand
Any chance you can share the ticket agency? I agree about craigslist I would never transfer money to a random without meeting up and seeing tickets first. I found an agency today that takes credit cards, if I do commit I will pay by credit card as you usually have purchaser protection. I will speak to amex beforehand just to check.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

valdemordor wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

And even then you'd have to be prepared to risk getting bumraped.

Craiglist you say, where can I sign up? :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :barscarf:

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

I've found someone who's going to sell me a Club Wembley ticket face value. He sent me a photo proof of the ticket and the tickets were ticketmaster tickets so I guess he could print them out again and get a new barcode. Do u know if Club Wembley tickets can be transferred to non-members?