Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by falkirk goon »

I think manure are laughing at us tonight :cry: weve effectively gave them cash towards the falcao deal.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Of course they are laughing. They sold us Silvestre, we sold them Van Persie, they signed Falcao, we funded it by buying Welbeck

Fuck me - the journey that started with Chelsea bumholing us with Gallas for Cole, continues 8 years later via Man City and eventually up the road to United

By the way Liverpool - come and join the party. I'm sure our commercial goons will sell you one of our best for a couple of your cast offs if you come calling

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

I laugh at them because they sold Kagawa back to BVB :-P
http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/Shi ... a-Dortmund
Let's have a drink on ManUtd!
Cheers,
Thomas

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

I've never wished an injury to any player (well, apart from giving Roy Keane two broken legs on Championship Manager years ago) but if the Falcao deal goes through, I would truly piss myself if the injury flared up again and he was out for the season! Obviously, it's a loan deal probably packed full of clauses, but still, it would be hilarious!

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Their supporters seem genuinely furious that they sold Welbeck. We shall see...

Post by 1989 »

They're gonna watch Welbeck tear it up for us for many years. We only had to put up with Judas doing it for them for one season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:They're gonna watch Welbeck tear it up for us for many years. We only had to put up with Judas doing it for them for one season.
erm, yeah... but in that one season they won the PL. We will have 3 to 5 years of watching Welbeck scruff 10 to 12 PL goals per season whilst we scrap it out for 4th. :|

Yippee! :barscarf:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
1989 wrote:They're gonna watch Welbeck tear it up for us for many years. We only had to put up with Judas doing it for them for one season.
erm, yeah... but in that one season they won the PL. We will have 3 to 5 years of watching Welbeck scruff 10 to 12 PL goals per season whilst we scrap it out for 4th. :|

Yippee! :barscarf:

I copied this onto last nights tranny thread.

Last season: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dann...r ... verein/985
Spent the first half of the season playing almost exclusively on the left side, then got his chance in December and scored 6 goals and had 2 assists in 7 matches. Got injured and didn't get 90 minutes again until the last day of the season.

Fergie's last year: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dann...r ... verein/985
Longest chance given as a striker -- 3 games, combined 31 minutes. Shunted wide all season long. Only 1300 minutes all season in 27 games. An average of less than 50 minutes per appearance.

First season: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dann...r ... verein/985
9 league goals as a 20 year old.

The problem amongst United fans is he's judged as a striker despite playing wide left more often than up front. I'd be delighted if I was an Arsenal fan, fantastic deal they've got.

Not unreasonable reading. I wish him well and I think £16m for another English player, 23 y/o (?) is good business. An upgrade on Sanogo. Not the stellar signing I wanted but then again, it would seem that one was never going to happen ???? Him over Balotelli any day I'm afraid.

WENGER OUT

Derek Acorah

Post by Derek Acorah »

gp543 wrote:Their supporters seem genuinely furious that they sold Welbeck. We shall see...
They are a minority, trust me. I'm pretty happy we've him and Hernandez away from the wage bill.

We just need to get rid of Crapperly, The 6ft Wig and Fat Man Ando now!

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Although they have signed some very good players, I am wondering if there will still be a bedding in period with Van Gaal's system. Up until now, they haven't looked great, so every with these new players, not only will they take more time to get to know one another, but also to understand this system.

So the media will have this hard-on regarding Falcao and their best 11, but when the results don't come in, what next? Also, why didn't Moyes get this sort of support that Van Gaal is getting in the transfer market?

Derek Acorah

Post by Derek Acorah »

begeegs wrote:Although they have signed some very good players, I am wondering if there will still be a bedding in period with Van Gaal's system. Up until now, they haven't looked great, so every with these new players, not only will they take more time to get to know one another, but also to understand this system.

So the media will have this hard-on regarding Falcao and their best 11, but when the results don't come in, what next? Also, why didn't Moyes get this sort of support that Van Gaal is getting in the transfer market?
Moyes was backed. He dithered on deals and didn't want to move on them - he was lining up players but wanted to scout them for a few years first. He's a twonk.

And yes, it will definitely take time to bed our players in. I still make you guys favourite for Top 4 this season, we will finish 5th-7th again IMO.

augie

Post by augie »

Last season (and the season before that) we bemoaned the fact that we had no striker with that extra bit of class who can make the difference in those tight and all important games......they now have 3 of them whilst we have 0 (and I'm including giroud in that) :oops: Falcao, even if he remains fit for only half of the season, is a massive, massive coup for them and re-inforces the belief that they will always be a big club regardless of whether they make top 4 or not :( They have started the season poorly but as the saying goes, it is a marathon not a sprint, and an injury to 1 of our centre backs for any length of time will see them finish above us and I firmly believe that :x

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:Last season (and the season before that) we bemoaned the fact that we had no striker with that extra bit of class who can make the difference in those tight and all important games......they now have 3 of them whilst we have 0 (and I'm including giroud in that) :oops: Falcao, even if he remains fit for only half of the season, is a massive, massive coup for them and re-inforces the belief that they will always be a big club regardless of whether they make top 4 or not :( They have started the season poorly but as the saying goes, it is a marathon not a sprint, and an injury to 1 of our centre backs for any length of time will see them finish above us and I firmly believe that :x
Of course they'll always be a big club. They have a massive history, tradition, background and untold amount of money.

Their squad is incredibly unbalanced despite the calibre of some of the players in it. No use having such options for your strikeforce if your defence consists of Evans, Smalling and the like. Their midfield is also still not top 4 quality. Can't see them finishing top 4.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
augie wrote:Last season (and the season before that) we bemoaned the fact that we had no striker with that extra bit of class who can make the difference in those tight and all important games......they now have 3 of them whilst we have 0 (and I'm including giroud in that) :oops: Falcao, even if he remains fit for only half of the season, is a massive, massive coup for them and re-inforces the belief that they will always be a big club regardless of whether they make top 4 or not :( They have started the season poorly but as the saying goes, it is a marathon not a sprint, and an injury to 1 of our centre backs for any length of time will see them finish above us and I firmly believe that :x
Of course they'll always be a big club. They have a massive history, tradition, background and untold amount of money.

Their squad is incredibly unbalanced despite the calibre of some of the players in it. No use having such options for your strikeforce if your defence consists of Evans, Smalling and the like. Their midfield is also still not top 4 quality. Can't see them finishing top 4.

And I did say that if/when we get an injury at centre back we will be fcuked - at this point I'm not sure I care anymore cos there is no point in me getting worked up about our obvious lack of a proper DM and defensive cover, whilst le cock and his money grabbing b*stards either cant see or don't care :cry: :cry:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Strange situation. Their worst striker is better than our best. Our worst centre-back is better than their best. They had better score plenty because they're going to concede a few.

Also, high risk strategy from van G. Falcao, dodgy knee. RvJP dodgy everything, no Welbeck, no Hernandez.