THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by mcdowell42 »

My own opinion is when we play manure or the chavs he should treat cesc and Judas as the scum of the earth ,the enemy which they are.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Thts not my suggestion at all Augie,cesc doesnt play for us anymore and people getting the hump because Wenger doesn't reply to his texts is wht is stupid.Imagine the same people whinging about Wenger not talking to cesc and then next month when the chavs beat us will be berating Wenger if he's seen hugging cesc.

The point I think I'm trying to make is people's hatred of Wenger leads them to moan about every insignificant little thing.

By all means have a go at his tactics, players he bought or didn't buy,his use of certain players ,his unwillingness to strength en to address the defender shorts age/dm ,but to have a go at him for not talking to an ex player in my mind is petty,which suits the agenda of his haters.

I dont hate the man, I respect wht he did for the club but like the vast majority on here I want him gone.

I know that's not what you meant mc, but the point I'm making is that nobody would complain about his blanking cesc IF he had of treated rvp the same way. When we play manure in a few weeks, do you expect that he will blank rvp ? :evil:
Come on, you know full well it's different blanking someone in person to not replying to text messages. I barely ever reply to my wife's text messages ffs, doesn't mean I'm blanking her... usually. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ldb I should have replied to my wife's texts ,chances are I wouldnt be sitting on my own in a 1 bedroom flat talking bollocks on here with another load of bollocks like I am now :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Again I don't disagree with that sentiment if he applies it to one and all - funny thing is though, that no Gooner berates henry for joining barca but many continually slate cesc for doing so even though cesc was joining his hometown club :? Why are they treated differently ? Both had spent 12 months trying to engineer their moves to barca so were equally wrong imo

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I suppose Henry situation different in tht he never joined another English club.All football fans are fickle and thts never going to change.

markyp

Post by markyp »

ive never understood the blind loyalty and to be honest immaturity of the football supporting public in general,Cesc was out the door at Barca,Arsene ddint want him,what was he supposed to do,retire????Cesc preferred destination was to return to us but it didn't happen due to the crunt in charge,its not Cescs fault ffs!!!it will be hard to see him running rings arouind us next month but the hate should be directed towards Wenker not Cesc

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Thts not my suggestion at all Augie,cesc doesnt play for us anymore and people getting the hump because Wenger doesn't reply to his texts is wht is stupid.Imagine the same people whinging about Wenger not talking to cesc and then next month when the chavs beat us will be berating Wenger if he's seen hugging cesc.

The point I think I'm trying to make is people's hatred of Wenger leads them to moan about every insignificant little thing.

By all means have a go at his tactics, players he bought or didn't buy,his use of certain players ,his unwillingness to strength en to address the defender shorts age/dm ,but to have a go at him for not talking to an ex player in my mind is petty,which suits the agenda of his haters.

I dont hate the man, I respect wht he did for the club but like the vast majority on here I want him gone.
And that's correct if that's what people are actually annoyed about. But I suspect most people are annoyed because it serves to underline the argument that we passed up on Fabregas because of Wenger's ego and not his famous 'footballing reasons'.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Ldb I should have replied to my wife's texts ,chances are I wouldnt be sitting on my own in a 1 bedroom flat talking bollocks on here with another load of bollocks like I am now :lol:
Hmmm, maybe that's why the wife left you :wink: :shock: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Ldb I should have replied to my wife's texts ,chances are I wouldnt be sitting on my own in a 1 bedroom flat talking bollocks on here with another load of bollocks like I am now :lol:
Hmmm, maybe that's why the wife left you :wink: :shock: :lol:

Arsenal always loads of other women out there

Midz

Post by Midz »

markyp wrote:ive never understood the blind loyalty and to be honest immaturity of the football supporting public in general,Cesc was out the door at Barca,Arsene ddint want him,what was he supposed to do,retire????Cesc preferred destination was to return to us but it didn't happen due to the crunt in charge,its not Cescs fault ffs!!!it will be hard to see him running rings arouind us next month but the hate should be directed towards Wenker not Cesc
Absolutely correct.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The fact is McDowell, that Cesc always said Wonga was a father figure to him and they had a great relationship and Wonga helped him a lot. To go from that to completely blanking him when sending something as simple as a 'best wishes' message is fucking childish at best but with Wonga and his ego it means so much more. You and some others on here can't even see that thanking someone for wishing them well is normal and blanking them is a snub.....another snub.
It's all about the ego with Wonga, a c.untstable of the very highest order. Wonga places a lot of 'faith' in his relationships with players, and he goes to great lengths....ie: improved, extended contracts when not deserved in the slightest.....but if a player questions him or snubs him (Poldi was reported to have done it a while back)....then the Golden Oracle of football will snub back.
Awful man, awful manager.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LaughingGooner wrote:
TeeCee wrote:Interesting interview with Cesc in the Sunday rag, he confirms Arsenal had a buy back option but were not interested. He also confirmed that he has sent Wonga texts wishing him a happy birthday and congratulating him on 1000 games for Arsenal and Wonga has never even replied. He said Wonga has not spoken to him at all. It doesn't surprise me.
Arsene Wonga is an egotistical, self important, blinkered old fool who constantly does things a certain way....his way, not because they are necessarily the best for the club but they are the best things for HIM because he is all important and no-one knows any better, I do believe he actually goes against what other 'experts' or pundits/people say because no-one can tell him what to do. I hate the man so much it's unhealthy. :evil:
To the long list of criticisms aimed at Wenger, we can now include his refusal to reply to a text sent by an ex-player...you can't make this shit up :lol: :lol:
whooooooooooooooossshhhhhhhh!!! Right over your head, mate! :lol: :wink:

Did you read the whole of the post? The issue is that Arsene has become (maybe always was? :rubchin: ) a petty egomaniac that puts his own ego and self justification before the good of the club. Not replying to the texts is not the whole issue, it's part of an ongoing problem.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

augie wrote:Again I don't disagree with that sentiment if he applies it to one and all - funny thing is though, that no Gooner berates henry for joining barca but many continually slate cesc for doing so even though cesc was joining his hometown club :? Why are they treated differently ? Both had spent 12 months trying to engineer their moves to barca so were equally wrong imo
Henry gets off easier because he's a legend and helped win trophies for the club; people remember what he did for us and thus hold him in high esteem - regardless of his move away.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
augie wrote:Again I don't disagree with that sentiment if he applies it to one and all - funny thing is though, that no Gooner berates henry for joining barca but many continually slate cesc for doing so even though cesc was joining his hometown club :? Why are they treated differently ? Both had spent 12 months trying to engineer their moves to barca so were equally wrong imo
Henry gets off easier because he's a legend and helped win trophies for the club.
I agree. In the end, through absolutely no fault of his own, Fabregas won fuck all really in his time with us, and he captained a team that failed repeatedly, filled with ego-buys that Arsene refused to get rid of. Henry won a lot of trophies and played in our greatest teams and whilst it was shit to see him go to the Whores (especially after bottling 2 chances against them in Paris) he left behind enough good memories to soften the blow I suppose...

augie

Post by augie »

With all due respect to you guys, that is a fairly shitty way to make these comparison and I'm saying that even though I realise that many fans would see it the same way as ye. Henry won those trophies because he was part of an outstanding team and squad, and whilst he was a heavy dose of icing on the cake (so to speak), there is no doubt that he won those trophies because of the team that was built around him. Henry won medals with PV4 and a strong defence behind him and I will stake my life that he would have fcuk all with the team of (mostly) c*nts that have populated our team in recent seasons :roll:
It is one of life's real tragedies that cesc won nothing during his time with us - like him now or not, I don't think it can be disputed that his play and commitment whilst with us deserved far more :(