Anderlecht Away tix, travel, drinking etc..

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikehutch86

Anderlecht Away tix, travel, drinking etc..

Post by mikehutch86 »

Apologies if there is already a thread on this.

Does anyone have any idea the kind of the allocation we wil get for this one?

Have booked my train & accomodation and have 30+ credits on my membership but well aware that their ground doesn't hold many.

Ziegler1988

Re: Anderlecht Away

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Anderlecht Away Tickets

Allocation 1,100 Upper Tier (£57.50) & 'Extremely Limited' Lower Tier (£41)

Away Scheme Wed 24/9 at 10am
https://twitter.com/AFCFixtureNews/stat ... 9044096000

mikehutch86

Post by mikehutch86 »

Excellent thanks, will be lucky if it goes down to 30+ credits, better find a decent bar in Brussels!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

mikehutch86 wrote:Excellent thanks, will be lucky if it goes down to 30+ credits, better find a decent bar in Brussels!
You'll be very lucky if it goes to 30+....Arsenal advertise only one booking period and it's Away Ticket Scheme members only on that!

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Ziegler1988 wrote:Anderlecht Away Tickets

That's such a load of BS. We should reciprocate and give them only 2000 tkts. There's about 2000 on the away tkt scheme already. Was actually toying with going to this. Won't even bother now.

Mistical92

Re: Anderlecht Away tix, travel, drinking etc..

Post by Mistical92 »

TBF the allocation in CL games is 5%, 5% of Anderlecht's ground is 1,092. It's just a shame they have a small stadium.

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

Big shame this doesnt look like it will go past the away ticket scheme members. I travel to most Champs League away games with a group that all have 30+, but very unlikely to get tickets for this one.

We have already booked our Eurostar and accommodation, so will definitely still go and soak up the ambiance! Feel there will be a fair few gooners in a similar situation so will hopefully have a few bars with a very pro Arsenal feel to them!

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

In the same situation for this 30+credits but not on the away scheme, already booked Eurostar and Hotel.

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past few years. Excellent for boozing as you'd expect but quite a few pubs that dont show games. If near city center and needing to watch the game I'd recommend O'reillys which is located at Beurs just by the McDonalds (about a 5min walk from Grand Place) or if down by Schuman near the European Commision theres an excellent little pub called the Old Oak which I would definitely recommend.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

topgoon wrote:
Ziegler1988 wrote:Anderlecht Away Tickets

That's such a load of BS. We should reciprocate and give them only 2000 tkts. There's about 2000 on the away tkt scheme already. Was actually toying with going to this. Won't even bother now.
I was talking to someone in Dortmund who is on the away ticket scheme and said it had 1300 members. Maybe it was 2000 at one stage, bit I think someone on here said that Arsenal were running it down so no new members.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/141 ... al-tickets

Looks like they expect it to sell out to Away Scheme members

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

The good news .....

Away scheme membership down to 1020 I am told for this season

The bad news.....

You also have to consider Diamond and Box holders who have the option to apply which even if ends up 100 tickets in total it's still 10% of the allocation

Jakeybown

Post by Jakeybown »

Hi All. I haven't yet got a ticket for the game. Highly unlikely I will due to the demand. I wouldn't mind still going out there to just take in the atmosphere and Belgian beer ! Are people going to be doing the same do you reckon ?

Cheers jake.

Simon

Post by Simon »

Apparently you might get nicked for doing that! :o

"Local police in Belgium have advised that any Arsenal supporters in the Anderlecht area without a match ticket on the day and evening of the match will be arrested."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... o-belgium-

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Simon wrote:Apparently you might get nicked for doing that! :o

"Local police in Belgium have advised that any Arsenal supporters in the Anderlecht area without a match ticket on the day and evening of the match will be arrested."

Basically, just don't go near the stadium without a ticket. Not sure how they can really enforce that, but since there's fuck all near the ground, staying in Brussels center seems the right move anyway.

Gilles Grimandi

Post by Gilles Grimandi »

Simon wrote:Apparently you might get nicked for doing that! :o

What an absolute joke from the club, honestly do they really think they will be able to enforce this? I just think that they are shi**ing themselves by the amount of people travelling without tickets. Heysel still runs deep in the memory I think.

I know Dortmund will be travelling with a lot more than us tomorrow night without tickets so keep an eye on their forums to see how they manage (That is if you can read German).

So what are people's plans on getting in? Whats your plan of attack? Personally I will be going to the stadium and trying the home end first, there is usually a gateman that'll take a few Euro's, if that fails then head to the away end when it is at its busiest, (about 10 mins before KO) and try all the usual tricks :twisted:

GG