THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by OneBardGooner »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Wenger was asked if it was the performance he wanted.
He mumbled an unrelated response about playing away in the CL and then playing away again. He obviously didn't listen to the question.
He never does mate - which is why he drones on and on with the same old spielshyte - No wonder he got uppity last week when The One And ONly Jacqui Oatley nailed him on a few things - the senile *word censored* genuinely thought she hadn't listened to him - as he has this tape loop going around in his head....Leetle bit jaded.... :blah: :blah: :blah: great speerit..... :blah: :blah: :blah: mintal strength.... :blah: :blah: :blah: and on and on and on and on and on and on and on it goes... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah:

Midz

Post by Midz »

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

As sure as the sun rising in the East and Arsenal scraping top four, any semblance of genuine pressure and media disquiet on Wenger and we manage to scrape together a fortuitous win or two against piss poor opposition.

We will steamroll Burnley and before you know it it will be May and after another glorious season of finishing 15-20 points off the pace and getting bumholed by any half decent sides we play, we'll be hearing plenty of "amazing to think that some Arsenal fans were actually questioning his position" from the fickle *word censored* in the media.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Premier League is now so poor I think we could still finish 2nd

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

OneBardGooner wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:Wenger was asked if it was the performance he wanted.
He mumbled an unrelated response about playing away in the CL and then playing away again. He obviously didn't listen to the question.
He never does mate - which is why he drones on and on with the same old spielshyte - No wonder he got uppity last week when The One And ONly Jacqui Oatley nailed him on a few things - the senile *word censored* genuinely thought she hadn't listened to him - as he has this tape loop going around in his head....Leetle bit jaded.... :blah: :blah: :blah: great speerit..... :blah: :blah: :blah: mintal strength.... :blah: :blah: :blah: and on and on and on and on and on and on and on it goes... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah: ..... :blah:
I thought we were resilient today :twisted: :twisted:

armchair

Post by armchair »

If we manage to finish top four this season it'll be Wengers greatest ever achievement. 8)

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

You've got to hand it to wenger. He can tell you things with a straight face.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

He sold Mannone and that gamble paid off yesterday :D . Did he use the handbrake yesterday ?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Tactical masterclass from Wonga......not many managers would have thought to send 11 players out on the pitch......errrr that's about it...... 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

Fucking ingrates ,two away wins against quality teams at the pinnacle of form and still they moan. What more do they want for a grand a season.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I know it’s early days, but I have been very impressed by Koeman, I think he will be appointed by the next “top” premier league team that get shot of their current manager.
I would love to see him at Arsenal, maybe even with Bergkamp as his assistant, although I expect he would have his preferred men around him.
My big worry is that the first post to become vacant will be at the Spuds

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

goonersid wrote:I know it’s early days, but I have been very impressed by Koeman, I think he will be appointed by the next “top” premier league team that get shot of their current manager.
I would love to see him at Arsenal, maybe even with Bergkamp as his assistant, although I expect he would have his preferred men around him.
My big worry is that the first post to become vacant will be at the Spuds
Cant really see Saints being likely to let that happen a second time Sid, hopefully there was an extra Scum compensation clause in it for defection to them, as seems likely they will be as usual having the first vacancy again :D :lol:

Besides why would anyone now want to go there from SAints, like going from a top team at the moment (Backroom staff wise as well as squad) to a second rate lot 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

seeing how shit Tottenham now are and how good Southampton are (after selling half their team) it does make you wonder whether Pochettino actually under performed last season at the Saints.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:seeing how shit Tottenham now are and how good Southampton are (after selling half their team) it does make you wonder whether Pochettino actually under performed last season at the Saints.
I don't know if it's up to the manager there. The whole club seems to be rotten and they are just born to lose :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Their problem is short-termism . They spend so much time staring down Seven Sisters Road that they don't look at their own problems. Everything Levy does is knee jerk , new managers , new players , new stadium . It's all to hang on our coat tails . A few years taking a step or two backward and actually building a future would do them good. But as long as their only ambition is to finish above us they will pitch and roll from bright new beginnings to the depths of despair. And long may they continue to do so.