Burnley at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnersaurus

Re: Burnley at home

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Herd wrote:Bard many moons ago we used to sit up the A Block Upper East ,it was full of ex nutters .
After the beer bans people started puffing which eased off the aggression ,and then the time of the E came upon us .
Quite apart from knocking football violence on its arse which it did i made for a chilled day out all round .
We had a pal that used to be test new batches of e for the masses by handing them round at Highbury for free .
Most would neck them on the spot so by half time everyone was coming up ,Half time and second halves were a blur but the groundstaff who made different cuts of the grass every week kept us enthralled no matter what the football was like !
There simply is no funnier sight than seeing a former nutcase cuddling people !

It should be legal !

Sounds like you missed the whole point of the pill culture.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm just saying what happened over the Arsenal .
I wasn't that much immersed into the rave scene.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:Bard many moons ago we used to sit up the A Block Upper East ,it was full of ex nutters .
After the beer bans people started puffing which eased off the aggression ,and then the time of the E came upon us .
Quite apart from knocking football violence on its arse which it did i made for a chilled day out all round .
We had a pal that used to be test new batches of e for the masses by handing them round at Highbury for free .
Most would neck them on the spot so by half time everyone was coming up ,Half time and second halves were a blur but the groundstaff who made different cuts of the grass every week kept us enthralled no matter what the football was like !
There simply is no funnier sight than seeing a former nutcase cuddling people !

It should be legal !
Sounds F'ing Great! What about when the crowd roared - did it used to really thrill up and down the spine even more?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:

Aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!!! :lol:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

btw Herd that is One Cool Avatar!

was it inspired by something other than Beer ? :D :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Just cannot imagine anything but a home win here..3-0 or 3-1...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I didn't imagiine wenger staying on past the end of last season mate - so....you never know - especially as our handbrake is a leetle bit on and some of the players are a leetle bit leggy and jaded....

4 - 0...or....2 - 0...or 2 - 2 -

Put it this way Burnley - like all of the doomed to go down teams - have to win an away game at some point - and it is usually - thanks to Arsene's lack of managerialship abilities means it is US.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:Just cannot imagine anything but a home win here..3-0 or 3-1...

Said as much earlier in the thread but the nearer I get to the game the more I think that we will give them a real hammering tomorrow - imo burnley will make the fatal mistake of sitting back and trying to negate us instead of having a real go because we are suspect defensively with nearly every shot on our goals ending up in the net :oops: :oops:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Hard work, endeavour, and a total lack of the skills necessary to thrive in this league should see Burnley demolished. However: we have been all over the place this season, so I imagine we'll struggle to a 1-0 stroll about the park with lashings of sideways passing and an aversion to shooting.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

As usual I will be watching this on a stream, but I intend to do some decorating in the morning so that when we do our ususal trick I can watch paint dry for an added burst of excitement until we score our inevitable scruffy goal in the last 10 minutes. :(

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

gp543 wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:A comfortable win at home to the worst PL team for ages.

And the comfortable win will be followed by a barrage of bullshit saying how everything is rosey in Wenger's garden once again. As soon as any real pressure starts getting applied, we go on a run of results against beatable teams and the pressure is off him.

Until we play a few decent teams and the cycle of shite starts all over again . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :banghead: :banghead:
Worse than 07-8 Derby? They've nearly got half their point total already!
Derby had won a game by this time though, so I can see both sides of the argument. I think they'll come close to the Derby total because they look like they've given up already and they can't create chances, let alone score goals. That goal against Everton last week was a gift really.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

3 - 0 no worries. No Wilshire. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

As we batter Burnley I shall be excitedly listening to events unfold from the Brittania where the right result could see us leapfrog the financial superpowers of West Ham. Wenger's greatest ever achievement of pipping them and the Saints to the European places could very much be on

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

SteveO 35 wrote:As we batter Burnley I shall be excitedly listening to events unfold from the Brittania where the right result could see us leapfrog the financial superpowers of West Ham. Wenger's greatest ever achievement of pipping them and the Saints to the European places could very much be on
And no mention of West Brom

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

arseofacrow wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:As we batter Burnley I shall be excitedly listening to events unfold from the Brittania where the right result could see us leapfrog the financial superpowers of West Ham. Wenger's greatest ever achievement of pipping them and the Saints to the European places could very much be on
And no mention of West Brom

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I'm afraid the very mention of their name gets me too excited at this time of the morning.....oh how we'll celebrate at the end of May when we seal another glorious year of Be All and End All football by beating them

Offside

Post by Offside »

Hopefully there'll be no pussy-footing around. Burnley are terrible and we should crush them but you never know with Arsenal.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

When top teams play the worst in the league they should be able to rest key players and still batter them by three or four goals. I'm not holding my breath.