THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov, Finances, AGM etc.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

USMANOV OR KRONKE?

USMANOV
72%
KRONKE
No votes
NEITHER
28%

Total votes: 83

augie

Re: THE BOARD - Ownership, Finance etc.

Post by augie »

Not a point at cook specifically but at the pro wenker camp amongst redaction, but how can they try to wipe the memory of that banner on the basis that it was five years ago, but still worship at the alter of le cock because of successes that happened TEN years ago ?

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

augie wrote:Not a point at cook specifically but at the pro wenker camp amongst redaction, but how can they try to wipe the memory of that banner on the basis that it was five years ago, but still worship at the alter of le cock because of successes that happened TEN years ago ?
Show me the recent evidence of REDaction still worshipping at this altar?

TheCook

Re: USMANOV OR KRONKE?

Post by TheCook »

SteveO 35 wrote:
TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:
TheCook wrote:Oh goodie. We mess up in a home CL game, and people drag up photos from five years ago.

In fairness, the photo's might have been last night but most of the comments came from before last nights debacle

Cook I know that you always argue that redactions protest was 5 years ago, and you have acknowledged that it was a mistake on redactions part, but again I ask why the organisation have not tried to publicly rectify their mistake ? I would understand if they didnt want to support usmanov, but surely if they publicly admonished kroenke for his running of the club, it would go someway to redressing the situation ? Redactions opposition to usmanov went a bit personal imo (sod off jabba/hate usmanov etc) so to balance it out, some genuine and well deserved public criticism of the wiggy c.unt would at least suggest that the group's interest is to do what is best for the club as opposed to the perception that "redaction dont want usmanov so kroenke can do what he likes"
As I have said before, the banenr was not made by REDaction.

REDaction won't be making any more statements re: ownership / Kroenke / Usmanov etc, becasue if it all goes tits up in future, some gobshite keyboard warrior will drag it all up again in 2019.

So fuck that shit
And yet it bears their name at the bottom of it and their members were seen parading with it? So I think you might be splitting hairs old boy

I love the "it was 5 years ago" argument. So if you do something so utterly dickless and stupid you should forget it on the basis that it was a while ago? Great defence
Please confirm if you actually believe that this 2009 banner has even the slightest bearing on what is happening at Arsenal in 2014? I think you might be wildly overestimating this event, one which is mentioned on this fourm and this forum alone.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

USMANOV on Wenger:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ng-us.html

By Jeremy Wilson, The Daily Telegraph

12:48PM GMT 24 Nov 2014

"Alisher Usmanov, Arsenal's second largest shareholder, has offered his most critical assessment yet of Arsene Wenger and claimed that the club need to strengthen in every single position to seriously challenge the elite of English and European football.

Although Usmanov says he wants Wenger to continue his work at Arsenal and is desperate to see him succeed, he has pointedly suggested that the manager is failing to learn from past mistakes and being restricted by his footballing principles. Defeat against Manchester United on Saturday continued a losing pattern against the very best opposition in recent seasons.

"My opinion, and I tell it openly, we need to strengthen every position to play on the level of such teams in the UK as Chelsea and Manchester City or in Europe like Real, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich and other clubs," said Usmanov. "Arsenal is a dream that sometimes becomes a mirage and sometimes a pain as every dream. The potential of the team is there, but there is no critical evaluation of mistakes and their admittance.

"Not a single genius can retain its level when he does not admit his own mistakes. Only when you admit your mistakes are you rid of them. We just repeat the same results year by year. Quite high to secure the place in the Champions League but we regularly lose in the first circles of play-offs. As an investor I am not happy with that."

Asked if Wenger still had his backing amid calls from some fans for him to leave, Usmanov told CNBC that it was "frustrating" to have no say over such a key decision, despite owning 30 per cent of the club.

Usmanov has not been offered a place on the board and has never spoken to majority owner Stan Kroenke since losing a battle for control of the club.

"As to Arsene Wenger - he is one of the greatest coaches not just of European, but of world football," said Usmanov. "But we have a Russia proverb which goes 'even an old lady can have a roof falling on her'. Everybody makes mistakes. He can make mistakes and I know as you age that it is more difficult, more challenging to accept ones mistakes. Maybe it's a problem today.

"He is a great man, a great coach, he had great victories and he has to have an opportunity to secure the place, which he and his team ought to have. I think the men who created winners have to be winners themselves. I wish him this."

Usmanov, though, fears that Wenger's principles have become a restriction on the club. "I like Arsene for his principles," he said. "But principles are sort of a restriction. And restrictions are always lost possibilities. That's why sometimes coaches even without principles became the coaches of great teams. And some coaches with principles lose because some positions in teams are vacant because of ethical, moral or personal views."

barnetgooner

Post by barnetgooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Moments to make you proud to be a Gooner eh?
Being anti Usmanov doesn't mean being pro Kroenke, especially in 2009 before Kronke's full takeover.

The club was far better off before either of them were involved.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

TheCook wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:
TheCook wrote:Oh goodie. We mess up in a home CL game, and people drag up photos from five years ago.

In fairness, the photo's might have been last night but most of the comments came from before last nights debacle

Cook I know that you always argue that redactions protest was 5 years ago, and you have acknowledged that it was a mistake on redactions part, but again I ask why the organisation have not tried to publicly rectify their mistake ? I would understand if they didnt want to support usmanov, but surely if they publicly admonished kroenke for his running of the club, it would go someway to redressing the situation ? Redactions opposition to usmanov went a bit personal imo (sod off jabba/hate usmanov etc) so to balance it out, some genuine and well deserved public criticism of the wiggy c.unt would at least suggest that the group's interest is to do what is best for the club as opposed to the perception that "redaction dont want usmanov so kroenke can do what he likes"

REDaction won't be making any more statements re: ownership / Kroenke / Usmanov etc, becasue if it all goes tits up in future, some gobshite keyboard warrior will drag it all up again in 2019.

So fuck that shit
And yet it bears their name at the bottom of it and their members were seen parading with it? So I think you might be splitting hairs old boy

I love the "it was 5 years ago" argument. So if you do something so utterly dickless and stupid you should forget it on the basis that it was a while ago? Great defence
Please confirm if you actually believe that this 2009 banner has even the slightest bearing on what is happening at Arsenal in 2014? I think you might be wildly overestimating this event, one which is mentioned on this fourm and this forum alone.
You helped to guide supporters to welcome him and painted a bad picture of the other.

You have blood on your hands and you can't wash it off 5 years later.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

TheCook wrote:Please confirm if you actually believe that this 2009 banner has even the slightest bearing on what is happening at Arsenal in 2014? I think you might be wildly overestimating this event, one which is mentioned on this fourm and this forum alone.
Online Gooner fights the good fight.

Theoperator

Re: THE BOARD - Usmanov, Kroenke, Sir Chips, Finance etc.

Post by Theoperator »

You ungrateful lot of dont be careful what you wish fors, none of you seem to have signed up for Ivans statue WTF he will be off if you are not careful :shock:

So far 14 supporters since June , bet he was telling his 13 children and Misses about it just the other week

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.change.org/p/the-chairman-a ... idis#share

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TheCook wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
TheCook wrote:
augie wrote:

So fuck that shit

Nice attempt to dodge the issue. You lot knew exactly what you were doing - tapping into vague rumours about dodgy Uzbek money and trying to paint the man out to be a threat to the club when the alternatives were the infamous 'lockdown' agreement that set the club back years or the other major shareholder, the wig wearing c u n t who has spent the past few years destroying our history and good name.

Who created the banner then? And if it wasn't you lot why did you put your name at the bottom of it and march proudly through the streets with it?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The question i have is do i want my team to be a successful business or a successful team?

While Stan is in charge we will only ever be a successful business, you only have to look at his other sports franchises to realise this.

Usmanov i honestly believe would give us a better chance of being a successful team, i do have reservations though on how successful the business side would be under him.

But i'm a mercenary bastard and if the man has the money and would be likely to spend it in the vein of Chavskis owner i'd like him to have the chance. Screw all this complaining about sugar daddy success people sling at the other teams if it gets us EPL and CL success for my team then it's fine by me.

Football is a massively different game now from the one which i started going to matches as a kid in the early 80's, money means success and i don't think we can hold the moral high ground any more if we want our team to be great.

To be honest we already have a sugar daddy he just isn't interested in spending his money the way the others do.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

AGM is on Thursday.
Anyone going?

DB10GOONER

Re: THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov, Finances, AGM etc.

Post by DB10GOONER »

:tumbleweed:

:wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Usmanov has written to the Board in advance of the AGM asking for a detailed explanation of what the 3 million was paid to Silent Stan for.

I think some of us woukd like to know as well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:Usmanov has written to the Board in advance of the AGM asking for a detailed explanation of what the 3 million was paid to Silent Stan for.

I think some of us woukd like to know as well.
I'm guessing the answer we won't get is; simple greed. :x :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

Personally I would like to see usmanov be a bit more pro-active at this stage - maybe he knows that kroenke (much like the senile old french b*stard) aint going anywhere until he decides to go, but then it comes back to the old question...."does everyone have a price" ?
At this stage I would be happy to see a reincarnated bin laden in charge - at least we know that he wants to actually win and defeat everything before him :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf: