Liverpool Away, our kid.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Liverpool Away, our kid.

Post by clockender1 »

we will win and all will be rosy....

we will lose to west ham and soton though :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing ,but balotelli has just gotten a 1 match ban from the FA for something he posted on Twitter , so will miss this game.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sterling will undoubtedly cause problems for BFG and co and the two goals last night would have given him confidence. To be honest the Mickeys played well going forward at OT too but found De Gea in match winning form........so I am certain that our pansy defence away from home against anyone half decent will present them with some golden opportunities

Now normally I would take heart from the fact that their defence is shite but the same could be said of ManUre's who then suddenly looked like world beaters when the game was played out ahead of them at a snail's pace. Just as McNair was transformed into Beckenbauer, I expect to see Lovren made to look like Baresi and the pundits purring over a £20m performance from him

Another place where we now have deep scars over last season so will either get a repeat walloping or a narrow defeat where our first shot on goal is after 80 minutes

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

charlie nicks says its going to be a 4-4 thriller. this is possible - 4-0 up at half away and we throw it away ? - you never know, it could happen.... :wink:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I don't like our chances if Walcott & Plodolski are both on the bench. AW may be tempted to use them both. Could be disaster sitting waiting to happen. 3-0 to the scousers. Hope I'm wrong :oops: :oops:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Good news, fat wanker Darren Gough says it il be 2-1 to L'pool, so we definitely have a chance cause that bloke knows fuck all about football.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

BFG4 wrote:Good news, fat wanker Darren Gough says it il be 2-1 to L'pool, so we definitely have a chance cause that bloke knows fuck all about football.
Therefore his forecast is meaningless, so regrettably you have just defeated your own argument. But I agree with your general premise about Gough, I don't know why TalkSport employs people like him, all regulars in the main bar at the Hindsight Arms, with nothing to say of any value. Anyway, I had been thinking that it would be typical for Balotelli to come good in this game, as he looked ok against Man U, so seriously good news he is banned. I can now see only a 2 or 3 nil on the cards.

Offside

Post by Offside »

Although Liverpool have been garbage this season, it'll always be a massive game when we play them and after last year's humilation (4-0 down after 19 minutes :lol: :banghead: ), we do need to beat them, if only for our own sanity, even though the title isn't riding on it, as it was last season. The thing is, we are just the sort of team that can conjur a Liverpool revival into existence, by defending terribly and getting done for pace. I think we can get a draw but I'm not particularly confident.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Block93 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:Good news, fat wanker Darren Gough says it il be 2-1 to L'pool, so we definitely have a chance cause that bloke knows fuck all about football.
Therefore his forecast is meaningless, so regrettably you have just defeated your own argument. But I agree with your general premise about Gough, I don't know why TalkSport employs people like him, all regulars in the main bar at the Hindsight Arms, with nothing to say of any value. Anyway, I had been thinking that it would be typical for Balotelli to come good in this game, as he looked ok against Man U, so seriously good news he is banned. I can now see only a 2 or 3 nil on the cards.
I think this is a pre-requisite for any TalkShite employee.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We need to take two banners the Flip Flop one and the other one that says

May 26th 1989 - So Fuck Off You Dole Grabbing CUNTSS!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

MAGooner

Post by MAGooner »

I'm visiting from America and got a ticket for the game. Where is a good pub to find fellow gooners near anfield?

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

The Arkels has a good mix of Gooners and home fans and it's right by the ground

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I cannot believe you listen to Talkshite,I hate Adrian Durham more than Wenger, :cussing:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

robbo10 wrote:
I cannot believe you listen to Talkshite,I hate Adrian Durham more than Wenger, :cussing:
Ye tbh I don't know why I do, because half the time I turn it off in anger, especially at pricks like Durham. The best one was the other night when Mike Graham suggested that Bournemouth losing to L'pool showed the huge gulf in class between PL and championship clubs, because a team at the top of the championship should be beating a team that was playing champions league football this season :roll:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

MAGooner wrote:I'm visiting from America and got a ticket for the game. Where is a good pub to find fellow gooners near anfield?
the whole of anfield/everton is a boarded up shithole, it's best not to get lost. think theres still a pub called the flatiron, should be full of gooners.