Thierry Henry Appreciation Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Thierry Henry Appreciation Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:Bergkamp was not getting much game time and was getting played allover the pitch but that was just a gripe,he sat down with Wenger and agreed another 2 year contract but not long after Arsenal were touting him around as for sale and had supposedly agreed a 2 million transfer to Fulham which was scuppered when Dennis in no uncertain terms told Wenger he wasn't going anywhere . Wenger told everyone he told Fulham he wasn't for sale but sources in Fulham said the deal was done subject to the player agreeing terms which they felt wouldn't be be an issue as Arsenal had told them what he was getting. Wenger even approached Dennis who turned it down flat . Dennis hardly spoke a word to Wenger for some time but I have no clue if they patched things up.

I'm on Bergkamps side anywhichway - Wenger's a *word censored* - and wouldn't it be sooo sweet if when he (eventually) leaves trophyless - very likely - and Denis came in and won the prem or CL....

:D :barscarf: :lol: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: I always got and get the feeling regardless of who the player is - whether they are genius or shite - If he 'likes' the player - he will keep the player/s on on great wages (Eboue, Leggohead, bendybollocks) - If he doesn't like them in the same way - he'll shite all over them behind closed doors of course (like he did Robbie Pires and perhaps Bergkamp).

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:ps: I always got and get the feeling regardless of who the player is - whether they are genius or shite - If he 'likes' the player - he will keep the player/s on on great wages (Eboue, Leggohead, bendybollocks) - If he doesn't like them in the same way - he'll shite all over them behind closed doors of course (like he did Robbie Pires and perhaps Bergkamp).

Also feel that he in no way wants an old hero around - Vieira / Bergkamp during his reign, as they would get their name sung loud and proud, while he would be ignored.

Also they are the strong characters that would have opinions, disagree with how things are being done and demand some say in running things, so a certain no-go.

Can you just imagine the boost having either of those legends back would give the crowd and to install some pride in playing for The Arsenal on some of our pampered pussies - not on Wenker's nelly.

Just imagine what the great DB10 would say about Sanogo !! :shock: :shock:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Here's some links to the 'Bergkamp to Fulham' story, as reported in August 2001.

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/arsenal ... gkamp.aspx (repost of an article in the Sunday Mirror)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... p-bergkamp (Wenger denies trying to sell him)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Wish him good luck in his new career. He'll walk over redknapp and carragher as they always come across as being in awe of him. If sky signed up seedorf i'd actually get a full subscription as I thought they were brilliant during the world cup when they were on together... The Clarence and Henry Show, would be immensely entertaining.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:Wish him good luck in his new career. He'll walk over redknapp and carragher as they always come across as being in awe of him. If sky signed up seedorf i'd actually get a full subscription as I thought they were brilliant during the world cup when they were on together... The Clarence and Henry Show, would be immensely entertaining.
:lol:

C & H The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Poetry in motion without any shadow of a doubt....but still no Ian Wright.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

robbo10 wrote:Poetry in motion without any shadow of a doubt....but still no Ian Wright.
What do you mean by that?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Henry is perfect for sky, an ex Arsenal player who is respected by all true football fans. Anyone remember Pompey fans singing his name when we thumped them a few years back?

Carragher and Redknapp are in awe of TH14 because he shat all over them on the pitch during his career at THOF. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say about modern day Arsenal and Wenger.

It's sad that the only thing that makes me proud to be a gooner these days is that advert introducing TH14 as the new expert analyst. Ohh how we have fallen from grace.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
robbo10 wrote:Poetry in motion without any shadow of a doubt....but still no Ian Wright.
Just personally for me I like Wrighty better,even though I admit Henry was technically a better player,I guess we should be honoured we have had both brilliant strikers at the Arsenal.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

robbo10 wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Just personally for me I like Wrighty better,even though I admit Henry was technically a better player,I guess we should be honoured we have had both brilliant strikers at the Arsenal.
Add Bergkamp and we've had the Holy Trinity of PL strikers. :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

nut flush gooner wrote:Henry is perfect for sky, an ex Arsenal player who is respected by all true football fans. Anyone remember Pompey fans singing his name when we thumped them a few years back?

Carragher and Redknapp are in awe of TH14 because he shat all over them on the pitch during his career at THOF. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say about modern day Arsenal and Wenger.

It's sad that the only thing that makes me proud to be a gooner these days is that advert introducing TH14 as the new expert analyst. Ohh how we have fallen from grace.
And when he sits there stroking his glorious caramel cock talking about Wenger everyone will listen and it will be AKB wonderland everywhere

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

northbank123 wrote:
And when he sits there stroking his glorious caramel cock talking about Wenger everyone will listen and it will be AKB wonderland everywhere
My greatest fear. Given the fact he has immeasurable clout within the football world and is a bonafide Arsenal legend, he'll be able to placate the fans.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

northbank123 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Henry is perfect for sky, an ex Arsenal player who is respected by all true football fans. Anyone remember Pompey fans singing his name when we thumped them a few years back?

There's something very homoerotic about that mate... :rubchin: :D :wink: