How low can we get 2014

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
greengooner

How low can we get 2014

Post by greengooner »

In a year where we continue to plump the depths what was your footballing low point where AFC are concerned?. Mine?

Chelsea being allowed to sign Fabregas!, a f**king shocker, the chavs are loving it and will never tire of telling us
CESC IS BLUE......absolute c**ts

armchair

Re: How low can we get 2014

Post by armchair »

Wenger getting a new deal was the lowest point for me since the 8-2.
Having said that we only have ouselves to blame for this because we had enough time to "persuade" him not to sign.

And we didnt.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

armchair wrote:Wenger getting a new deal was the lowest point for me since the 8-2.
Having said that we only have ouselves to blame for this because we had enough time to "persuade" him not to sign.

And we didnt.
Any decent person would have walked after the 8-2 that was my lowest point...... We will get top 4 and nothing will change

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yep Flash the answer will be 4th.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Maybe not quite the low point but the summing up of Arsene's Arsenal 2014 was yesterday when 9 minutes came up for injury time and we all knew we would not win.
Actual low point for me was the fourth goal at Stoke, ok it was subsequently disallowed, but for the few moments it "stood" was the lowest feeling I think I may ever have had as an Arsenal fan. Forget losing Cup Finals or being pipped for the league the most sickening feeling I ever had was that moment in time when once again how low our club has sunk was rammed home again.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Seeing Sanogo in the team when Afobe is on loan and Akpom barely makes the bench.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The start of another season with Wonga in charge, the depression in knowing that this season will be the same as the last 7 is awful, imagine life being like that!!?? :banghead:

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

The dictator is still around. That is how low we get in 2014.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If Fabregas had of signed he'd be 4 months out injured by now so I'm not classing that. Le Fraud signing on for another 3 seasons of dross was one of the lowest points of my life let alone 2014. How low can we go? With the turnip in charge the level of shite that can be attained is unlimited.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Who knows where it will end, but what is for certain is that it will continue as long as Wenker is in charge.
First away points of the season for QPR on boxing day?
Alex Song gets the winner for W Ham?
Heavy defeats to come at home to the chavs and away to the other top 6 ish sides?
Sanchez to be sold to another premiership club in the summer?
All possible and some inevitable under the current regime.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i think the lowest point for me was when United went 2-0 up and I realised I just didnt care anymore.

thats the toughest part of the decline for me. at least when we lost a big match it mean't something.
it is all just shit these days. when was the last time we won a big match?? ( i had to use google for this :lol: )

the biggest wins of 2014 I reckon were v Spurs and Liverpool in the FA Cup, nad we also managed to beat Spurs away back in March. apart from that a few wins over average teams like ourselves. all for the highest prices in football. what a joke.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Lowest point for me was probably letting Frimpong go. :wink: :D

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

greengooner wrote:In a year where we continue to plump the depths what was your footballing low point where AFC are concerned?. Mine?

Chelsea being allowed to sign Fabregas!, a f**king shocker, the chavs are loving it and will never tire of telling us
CESC IS BLUE......absolute c**ts
Wenger's setting so many unwanted records I'm surprised Norris McWhirter aint on the fucking board. :banghead:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Could be still to come.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

The bitter sweet taste (more bitter) after we won the FA Cup knowing it would keep the *word censored* around for another 3 years at least.