The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The January Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

officepest wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:May lock this thread now or change the title to the summer transfer thread.Can't see any more business being done by us.
Didn't realise you were a mod, McD. :wink:
He "Dreeeeeeams" of being a Mod - But DB10, Flash, Quartz, Chippy and REB have black balled him at every Annual Mod recruitment Meeting. :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

OneBardGooner wrote:
officepest wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:May lock this thread now or change the title to the summer transfer thread.Can't see any more business being done by us.
He "Dreeeeeeams" of being a Mod - But DB10, Flash, Quartz, Chippy and REB have black balled him at every Annual Mod recruitment Meeting. :lol:
Fucking clique.

:roll:

:lol:

:wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Extending the contract of a player @ 80 k a week , who is constantly injured ,has lost all of his pace and is 34 is insane !

Probably true then !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
officepest wrote:
Damn right. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

officepest wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
officepest wrote:
Fucking clique.

:roll:

:lol:

Fucking A.

:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:not a transfer but just read Arteta signed a 1 year extension
Has this been confirmed? If so, it is crazy. Don't get me wrong, Arteta was our most consistant player for his first 2 seasons with us and is still better than Captain Stupid but Arteta is waaaay past it now. His legs are gone. Neither he (sadly) or Stupid (who cares) are good enough now.

This is so typical of Wenger, wasting money like this. :roll:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:not a transfer but just read Arteta signed a 1 year extension
Has this been confirmed? If so, it is crazy. Don't get me wrong, Arteta was our most consistant player for his first 2 seasons with us and is still better than Captain Stupid but Arteta is waaaay past it now. His legs are gone. Neither he (sadly) or Stupid (who cares) are good enough now.

This is so typical of Wenger, wasting money like this. :roll:
For consistent read as under performing when it mattered as the rest of them. Best of a bad bunch, perhaps?

I agree that this 1 year extension is crazy on a plying level. The guy offers nothing more than a 15/20 metre radius. He can't cover for other positions. It's complete stupidity.

It must be an "Eboue contract": he's good for the dressing room.

:barscarf: :wink:

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

I don't mind Arteta getting a 1 year, performance based contract. He keeps things ticking in midfield against lesser opponents and reads the game well.
He won't whine if he's left out either. And he's better than Flamini.
I imagine that he's looked slower this season than last is due to him being played when injured.
What I do mind is if Wenger doesn't sign another DM as he has Coquelin (if he stays - I imagine probable), Arteta and teenager Bielik. I think that's also probable sadly.
I imagine Flamini will leave. If Flamini got a new contract, I'd be well pissed off. Even if he gets a pay as you play type contract, he's no way good enough and it takes up a space in the squad.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

No rumours since Thursday morning :banghead:
Has Twitter had a meltdown ?
Have the tabloids decided to only print the truth ?
Is McDowell incapacitated ?

I demand answers.

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

Wenger in a relaxed mood yesterday, even cracking a reasonable joke about teaching Gabriel key words in English like "offside".
He confirmed no more signings this January.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

StuartL wrote:No rumours since Thursday morning :banghead:
Has Twitter had a meltdown ?
Have the tabloids decided to only print the truth ?
Is McDowell incapacitated ?

I demand answers.

Think Twitter was confused , we bought 2 uninjured players days before the window actually closes,this was new.As I said earlier change the name of the thread to the summer transfer rumours or lock it down.

Move along now nothing to see here.

Ps Wenger did say if an exceptional quality player knocks on his door he would sign him,so if anyone spots messi or Ronaldo wandering aimlessly around Islington , get them in a cab to Arsenes gaff.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Gooners - I can't find the right thread, I'm drunk and so proud! Jedinak from Palace is awesome but Mass Luongo from Swimdon Town is a champion. We are the champions of Asia (that's a few people), dirty West Sydney Wanderers are the club champs of Asia and Timmy Cahill is a god!!! Caarn you gooners! Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi farkin Oi!!
Farkin Newcastle Jets hard week pre season training moz in 30 degrees goons spew woooooooo

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Swifty wrote:Gooners - I can't find the right thread, I'm drunk and so proud! Jedinak from Palace is awesome but Mass Luongo from Swimdon Town is a champion. We are the champions of Asia (that's a few people), dirty West Sydney Wanderers are the club champs of Asia and Timmy Cahill is a god!!! Caarn you gooners! Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi farkin Oi!!
Farkin Newcastle Jets hard week pre season training moz in 30 degrees goons spew woooooooo
Swifty, go and have a lie down old chap. How much have you had?

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Doesn't say much for football in Asia when their club and international champions are from a different continent where football is way down the scale in terms of popularity 8)

Nevertheless well done Swifty and your Strayan countrymen. Think it will be a double championship winning year down under with your cricketers winning their world cup

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Time to change the title of the thread to Summer