FIFA bribery arrests/Blatter Resigns!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: FIFA bribery arrests

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:We all know that Fifa are as corrupt as anything (allegedly :wink: ) And if it is possible to bring charges that stick - that would be great....for far too long those scumbags have been pocketing astronomical salaries for swanning about doing fuckall...

More than anyone else I want to see Blatta brought to book - Can you imagine the crunts smugcunt face when the judge sentences him to 10 years hard labour in a Columbian or Turkish prison - In a confined cell with Big Bubba

:barscarf:
I reckon you are safe to accuse FIFA and Septic Bladder of almost anything and not need to use the word "allegedly"!! :lol: :wink:
So say you (allegedly) :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Okieeee Dokieees... In that case Blatter is a child molesting good for nothing utter *word censored* of a paedo scumbag....do I need to use the term Allegedly? :mrgreen:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:Do you not think that once the heat really comes down on those arrested that they will all talk to strike a deal and save themselves a little bit of time/pain?

This is the FBI we are talking about not some independent review made up of some feeble committee.

They smell blood, red cards out everywhere.

Also, companies and individuals involved have already pleaded guilty, so will probably cooperate. I'm hopeful that FIFA might actually get their cumuppance.

You would think the sponsors would start jumping off soon, that would be another blow and will turn the heat up on Blatter.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Absolutely delicious that this was all orchestrated to explode just 2 days before the presidential election to cause maximum damage to Septic Bladder-c.u.n.t.

God bless the FBI :barscarf:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I heard about this on the radio on the way home.
I was giving it the WOOHOO !!! Large. The whole world knows and hates these corrupt crunts.
But. Are they actually going to be banged up ? Are their assets going to be stripped?
Are they fuck. And Septic Blatter will still win the "election".
It makes me want to puke.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Hopefully Blatters position becomes untenable and he has to resign, then gets arrested, jailed, then gets too meet Ben Dover in Prison. :censored:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:Corruption in FIFA?? :shock:
Exactly! Why are so many people shocked/ surprised by this?! :shock: :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:Absolutely delicious that this was all orchestrated to explode just 2 days before the presidential election to cause maximum damage to Septic Bladder-c.u.n.t.

Apparently, in a bid to limit damage to FIFA and distance himself from allegations of corruption against his good name, Blatter is going to announce the result of Friday's election this evening :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Still holding elections Friday (or they plan to).

Fantastic.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I wouldn't hold out too much hope on this bringing down FIFA. The only way that would happen if European nations boycotted FIFA and started there own Federation. With UEFA having its own problems with the big clubs essentially holding them to ransom over FFP. A new independant body needs to be put forward, much like when the top clubs broke away from the football league, to form the Premier League. Yet there is no alternative, so, FIFA will exist in its current corrupt form until the member nations break away and start their own footballing body. With all the money being with club football a new start could see an end to international tournament football, which may not be a bad thing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Corruption in FIFA?? :shock:
Exactly! Why are so many people shocked/ surprised by this?! :shock: :banghead:
I don't think anyone is, mate. I think they are shocked that someone might be finally trying to bring these bastards to justice. :lol:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Actually, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGtktZr__0

That is the fucking Attorney General giving quite the scathing press conference. Oh, and the Director of FBI standing behind her. These 2 would not be doing a press conference this serious if they didn't have something major going down. I have a feeling this is just the start, tip of the iceberg. These first few will fold under the pressure and continue ratting out those above them. Blatter has a huge safety net of people to get through before you get to him, but with enough damage done he will be outed somehow...and ultimately the Russia and Qatar World Cups will be re-voted.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:Still holding elections Friday (or they plan to).

Fantastic.

How many people are confident that this is going to bring an end to a corrupt regime ? I for one am not confident which is why I am shocked that uefa would call for tomorrow's election to be postponed :shock: Surely now, with all this finger pointing and criticism of fifa going on, it is the best time to get rid of blatter ? If they wait for a few months or weeks, all this fuss will have died down and no formal charges or prosecutions will have happened, all blatter will coast to victory alleging that his enemies (and particularly engerland) were trying to tarnish his and fifa's rep but that no charges/prosecutions have shown fifa to be squeaky clean :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Augie - if the elections go ahead tomorrow then Blatter will still win

UEFA should call for Blatter to resign and if he doesnt then they will withdraw all their member countries from FIFA
They could set up another tournament to clash with the next World Cup. Somehow I then think countries like Brazil and Argentina would then also leave FIFA/

Any future FIFA world cups are dead as far as I am concerned

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

rodders999 wrote:Absolutely delicious that this was all orchestrated to explode just 2 days before the presidential election to cause maximum damage to Septic Bladder-c.u.n.t.

I suspect they chose yesterday because all the delegates would be in one place. A lot easier than trying to liase with police forces across the world, many of which make FIFA look like a beacon of corporate best practise.

The timing was a nice bonus though.