Chelsea Trophy Parade - One Man and His Dog Spot

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Chelsea Trophy Parade - One Man and His Dog Spot

Post by Bradywasking »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I think we've reached the stage where nobody actually cares about them. They've fucked up football and ruined it for all the fans for years to come, nobody gets pissed off when they win something because it's expected and there's a feeling of if they didn't win something this year, they'll spend money and win it the year after. They have completely destroyed the competitive nature of the game in England and quite possibly across Europe as teams and fans know that eventually the Chavs will out-spend to get what they want, whether it's players, trophies or managers. No team can now get a decent team together over a few years and consistently challenge for the top prizes because the Chavs will simply pull away again by buying up any player that might make someone else stronger. Just a look at the players they have and then loan out forever tells a story of total waste and greed.
This season was one of the most boring in living memory because everybody knew that they would win the league, there was no title run-in, no big games which decided anything in the last few weeks and the general feeling from the footballing world is just one of total apathy towards them and the league. When I think back to how disliked we were under GG or how disliked Man. Utd were for 20-odd years, with literally the whole country at times willing them to be beaten, it makes me realize just how much nobody gives a fuck about the Chavs. Teams and fans would go mad trying to beat us or Man. Utd and losing would make the headlines for a week. There was genuine hatred for those two teams, but genuine passion about wanting to see them lose. With the Chavs, I don't ever really think there has been that- yes, people dislike them, but I think there is general disgust rather than sporting rivalry or hatred. It's a general disgust at what they have done and what they do- a kind of disinterested disgust, if such a thing can exist.
Even going back to when they were taken over back in 2003, there was just a resignation about what would happen, we all knew that they would win the league, win cups and probably the Champions League too. The only surprise, was that it took them so long to win it. Just that resignation from football fans everywhere ruined the whole point of being a fan- the feeling of not knowing, of hoping, of being surprised. Who fucking cares if the Chavs win something? Who fucking cares because they were going to win it anyway and we all knew it would happen? Even the press don't seem to give a shit about them any more, there are no real headlines about them, no real surprises. They signed a new player? Oh right, well we knew they would get him. They're going to buy so and so? Oh, well we knew that. They've broken a transfer record? Oh, again? They've even destroyed the transfer system and the transfer rumour market.
Despite all this, they still want to be seen as one of the big boys, they desperately want to be respected, they keep trying to prove that they are a top team but actually nobody cares about them. Nobody gives a shit because they've bored us to death with everything over the last 12 years, made us numb to money and wages, made us not care about whether they win or lose or what they actually do because they've devalued everything and they've ruined football, just ruined it. They can have a million fucking parades because just below the surface everybody knows they've bought them. Nobody fucking cares.
Brilliant post, the piece I have highlighted sums it up perfectly. We are no longer are shocked by money in the game be it transfer fees, wages or investment.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:I think we've reached the stage where nobody actually cares about them. They've fucked up football and ruined it for all the fans for years to come, nobody gets pissed off when they win something because it's expected and there's a feeling of if they didn't win something this year, they'll spend money and win it the year after. They have completely destroyed the competitive nature of the game in England and quite possibly across Europe as teams and fans know that eventually the Chavs will out-spend to get what they want, whether it's players, trophies or managers. No team can now get a decent team together over a few years and consistently challenge for the top prizes because the Chavs will simply pull away again by buying up any player that might make someone else stronger. Just a look at the players they have and then loan out forever tells a story of total waste and greed.
This season was one of the most boring in living memory because everybody knew that they would win the league, there was no title run-in, no big games which decided anything in the last few weeks and the general feeling from the footballing world is just one of total apathy towards them and the league. When I think back to how disliked we were under GG or how disliked Man. Utd were for 20-odd years, with literally the whole country at times willing them to be beaten, it makes me realize just how much nobody gives a fuck about the Chavs. Teams and fans would go mad trying to beat us or Man. Utd and losing would make the headlines for a week. There was genuine hatred for those two teams, but genuine passion about wanting to see them lose. With the Chavs, I don't ever really think there has been that- yes, people dislike them, but I think there is general disgust rather than sporting rivalry or hatred. It's a general disgust at what they have done and what they do- a kind of disinterested disgust, if such a thing can exist.
Even going back to when they were taken over back in 2003, there was just a resignation about what would happen, we all knew that they would win the league, win cups and probably the Champions League too. The only surprise, was that it took them so long to win it. Just that resignation from football fans everywhere ruined the whole point of being a fan- the feeling of not knowing, of hoping, of being surprised. Who fucking cares if the Chavs win something? Who fucking cares because they were going to win it anyway and we all knew it would happen? Even the press don't seem to give a shit about them any more, there are no real headlines about them, no real surprises. They signed a new player? Oh right, well we knew they would get him. They're going to buy so and so? Oh, well we knew that. They've broken a transfer record? Oh, again? They've even destroyed the transfer system and the transfer rumour market.
Despite all this, they still want to be seen as one of the big boys, they desperately want to be respected, they keep trying to prove that they are a top team but actually nobody cares about them. Nobody gives a shit because they've bored us to death with everything over the last 12 years, made us numb to money and wages, made us not care about whether they win or lose or what they actually do because they've devalued everything and they've ruined football, just ruined it. They can have a million fucking parades because just below the surface everybody knows they've bought them. Nobody fucking cares.
Brilliant post, the piece I have highlighted sums it up perfectly. We are no longer are shocked by money in the game be it transfer fees, wages or investment.
Not sure I agree with this, the difference in money has definitely meant people have lost some hope in terms of being able to build something without the very big budgets, but it feels like people think Chelsea have been more consistently successful than they actually have. Since Abramovich bought them they've only won one title when Mourinho hasn't been in charge and one of their worst teams in that time rode their luck (as quite a few teams have done over the years) to win the CL. So in the 7 years he wasn't there, they've won two of the 14 really big trophies that they could have. They may dominate for the next few years under Mourinho but history definitely proves even the richest clubs can be badly managed and go through lean periods. They just happen to have possibly the most effective manager in the game in charge at the moment. If he was in charge at another English club, I don't think Chelsea would be dominating the league and simply investing huge amounts to ensure they win it next season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Skooner wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Not sure I agree with this, the difference in money has definitely meant people have lost some hope in terms of being able to build something without the very big budgets, but it feels like people think Chelsea have been more consistently successful than they actually have. Since Abramovich bought them they've only won one title when Mourinho hasn't been in charge and one of their worst teams in that time rode their luck (as quite a few teams have done over the years) to win the CL. So in the 7 years he wasn't there, they've won two of the 14 really big trophies that they could have. They may dominate for the next few years under Mourinho but history definitely proves even the richest clubs can be badly managed and go through lean periods. They just happen to have possibly the most effective manager in the game in charge at the moment. If he was in charge at another English club, I don't think Chelsea would be dominating the league and simply investing huge amounts to ensure they win it next season.
I take your point, but I would counter that Moronhio would not have had that success without the Russian pimp's money. But the other thing is of course that money doesn't always buy you success, but the post above is about how the pimp's money had opened Pandora's box and unleashed a modern greed obsessed game that most real football fans dislike and feel increasingly disconnected from - the chavs being one of the biggest (and original in England) culprits in that. :|

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

flash gunner wrote:Shit club no history that wins trophies time and time and time again. They are creating history and we'll soon have to look back on ours with binoculars..... Do not know what's worse :?
Spot on. Almost as embarrassing as those jokers chanting "boring boring Chelski" as they basically wrapped up the title at our place :oops: :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Didn't think this was a Chelsea appreciation thread,but I suppose it depends on what team you actually follow. :wink:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

At first boring boring chelsea was a bit embarrassing, but that was before I realised just how sensitive Chelsea FC are. Yes they are champions but yet Jose dedicated his end of season wankathon as a riposte to 'criticisms' originally from Arsenal fans.

So all in all, Chelsea FC are full or Kunts, precious Kunts.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Shit club no history that wins trophies time and time and time again. They are creating history and we'll soon have to look back on ours with binoculars..... Do not know what's worse :?
Spot on. Almost as embarrassing as those jokers chanting "boring boring Chelski" as they basically wrapped up the title at our place :oops: :roll:
As much as you may have wanted them to win it at our place (wherever your place is) the actual facts, not the comments section at the bottom of a webpage, but the actual facts, are they didn't win it at our place so your "basically wrapped it up at our place" is a stupid comment. You could point to 10 games and say they basically wrapped it up at this or that game. :roll:

For all your bluster about "been going to Arsenal for decades" there is so much that just doesn't ring true. You find fans chanting at other fans "embarrassing"? Football fans take every opportunity to take the piss out of oppo fans. That's the way the game has always been. In your "decades" of going I'm sure you would have come across the concept, no? :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Didn't think this was a Chelsea appreciation thread,but I suppose it depends on what team you actually follow. :wink:

Is that a reference to Itchybaba ? :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
As much as you may have wanted them to win it at our place (wherever your place is) the actual facts, not the comments section at the bottom of a webpage, but the actual facts, are they didn't win it at our place so your "basically wrapped it up at our place" is a stupid comment. You could point to 10 games and say they basically wrapped it up at this or that game. :roll:

For all your bluster about "been going to Arsenal for decades" there is so much that just doesn't ring true. You find fans chanting at other fans "embarrassing"? Football fans take every opportunity to take the piss out of oppo fans. That's the way the game has always been. In your "decades" of going I'm sure you would have come across the concept, no? :lol:

OUCH! Baba just got Bitch Slapped. :lol:

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

If you have enough money you can but anything and thats what Chelski did so feck em and their so called trophy parade. :blah: :blah: :roll:

RespectTheUmlaut

Post by RespectTheUmlaut »

Who really cares about Chelski? I mean of course I hold a strong dislike for them but I don't feel an Arsenal vs Chelski match is as special as say, Arsenal and United. Simply because they're not a real club. Theyre being using by a criminal to safely store his criminally earned money. When he dies or leaves or can take the money out safely he will do so.

Chelski fans know they are a small club. They're all entitled, deluded pricks who love bragging rights more than the thrill of actually winning. Look at Mourinhos constant shots at Wenger and their fans dancing around our stadium. Even winning the league doesn't hide their inferiority complex towards us. Lastly, take into consideration that they are the kind of losers who would sign up to this forum and pretend to be Gooners.

Given how obsessed they are with us, I'll ask again: why should we really care about them?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Didn't think this was a Chelsea appreciation thread,but I suppose it depends on what team you actually follow. :wink:

Is that a reference to Itchybaba ? :D

:rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

It's funny we are in an FA cup final tomorrow ,and Baba hasn't shown any interest in it ,but yet let's on he's an arsenal fan,but quite happy to post his views about Chelsea.

:rubchin:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:

Yeah right you are. I mean, ignore use of the word "basically" :roll:
Seeing as you love facts, that "basically" means it didn't actually happen. Sigh.
And no, it isn't chanting at other fans that's the issue here - nowhere did I say that, but hey make it up as you go along!
What I did say, is that it's embarrassing to accuse another team of being "boring" when our own team then goes on to not manage a home goal for over 180 minutes, and crucially, scored less goals than the team you're accusing of being boring :oops:
It was ridiculous then, it's ridiculous now. Especially when that team wins!

My comment was no more stupid than your comment claiming Inter fans voting Podolski a flop is invalidated as a minority of their fans once said racist things :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:

Yeah right you are. I mean, ignore use of the word "basically" :roll:
Seeing as you love facts, that "basically" means it didn't actually happen. Sigh.
And no, it isn't chanting at other fans that's the issue here - nowhere did I say that, but hey make it up as you go along!
What I did say, is that it's embarrassing to accuse another team of being "boring" when our own team then goes on to not manage a home goal for over 180 minutes, and crucially, scored less goals than the team you're accusing of being boring :oops:
It was ridiculous then, it's ridiculous now. Especially when that team wins!

My comment was no more stupid than your comment claiming Inter fans voting Podolski a flop is invalidated as a minority of their fans once said racist things :roll:
I think we all know how we felt when we were beating teams 1-0 under GG with a disciplined defence and the opposition fans sung "Boring Boring Arsenal" -we fucking loved it, and it was a sign that they were small timers who could only resort to that chant in defeat.

Its not quite as bad as "Same Old Arsenal Always Cheating" but its on the way