Arsenal Transfer Ban

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Arsenal Transfer Ban

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal transfer ban

Lol - nice one. That's the equivalent of a ban on ski jackets in the Sahara

Midz

Post by Midz »

I thought we were already serving under a transfer ban. Sorry, my bad.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Midz wrote:I thought we were already serving under a transfer ban. Sorry, my bad.
I already did that on the last page!!! :lol:

Sean

Post by Sean »

northbank123 wrote:Something else to blame for our failure to challenge in the big competitions AND an excuse not to spend any money.

I can imagine Wenger saying in 2022 "zis transfer ban, eet set the club back maybe 4 or 5 years" :banghead:

By the way did anybody else see his flippant remarks about how these accusations about him being miserly aren't true because he spends loads of money when he's out with family and friends. So fucking childish and smarmy, the guy is a laughing stock and so are we.
I bet he does on his £970 per hour salary, the wanker :censored: :banghead:

Almost the price of a season ticket :(

Midz

Post by Midz »

casgooner wrote:
Midz wrote:I thought we were already serving under a transfer ban. Sorry, my bad.
I already did that on the last page!!! :lol:

Great minds, cas 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Stan rang Ivan to clarify if it ok for Arsenal PLC to sell assets (players to you and I) .
Sorry, are you writing as a fan or a customer? :rubchin:
A consumer actually...

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

northbank123 wrote:
By the way did anybody else see his flippant remarks about how these accusations about him being miserly aren't true because he spends loads of money when he's out with family and friends. So fucking childish and smarmy, the guy is a laughing stock and so are we.
lol, he will be shelling out a little less when the settlement is sorted out :? Wonder if he will think to take a back seat whilst dealing with the stress of his ex taking her fair share :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:Cant understand why Gooners would be blaise about this :shock:
In fairness, the British press haven't picked it up despite it being huge news (if true) so you have to wonder whether it's legit or not.

That's not me saying it's bullshit; but I can understand why people aren't losing their shit just yet. If it's on the back page of every newspaper in the morning I'll take it more seriously.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:Cant understand why Gooners would be blaise about this :shock:
In fairness, the British press haven't picked it up despite it being huge news (if true) so you have to wonder whether it's legit or not.

That's not me saying it's bullshit; but I can understand why people aren't losing their shit just yet. If it's on the back page of every newspaper in the morning I'll take it more seriously.
Forgive me for scepticism at the idea of UEFA dishing out transfer bans to all and sundry.

Barcelona flagrantly and repeatedly broke black and white rules that are essentially a minor form of child trafficking. UEFA had no choice when the complaint was laid before them. They hate conflict and will not hand out bans unless they have to and are supremely confident of it being upheld by any court. The abandoned FFP farce shows that they have no appetite for a fight - although that might change if there's a chance to shaft an English club.