Leicester at home 14th 1200

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: Leicester at home 14th 1200

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

arseofacrow wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Wilson wrote:There is caution, and there is downright self-hate. And saying We dont stand a chance at home to Leicester City is self-hatred.

Of course we could beat Leicester City this week.
That is NOT self hatred. It is lack of belief, lack of confidence. And who can blame us?? Because you think you cannot do something doesn't mean you hate yourself.
Self-hatred is for spurs fans.

:D
ooooooh :shock:

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

This is proving to be nigh on impossible to buy on the TX can't be that popular surely??????

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wilson wrote:There is caution, and there is downright self-hate. And saying We dont stand a chance at home to Leicester City is self-hatred.

Of course we could beat Leicester City this week.
I think either someone is on Drugs - If not they feckin' ought to be...And we are Not talking Hlebby type medication here! :lol: :wink:

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

For 24 hours after many performances this season I've felt like we could struggle against anybody (Soton 4-0 Norwich 1-1) but as the anticipation for the next match nears "The Arsenal feeling" begins to take over and I start to believe we can turn it on like we have in the past. We'll do Leicester :box: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

To be fair how many times have we been thrashed at home in the PL in the decade since we moved from Highbury?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

northbank123 wrote:To be fair how many times have we been thrashed at home in the PL in the decade since we moved from Highbury?

A quick Google shows a1-4 loss to Chelsea in May 2009.

ashford gooner

Post by ashford gooner »

Potentially this could be the match of the season but I am going for a boring 0-0 draw.
:(

Step

Post by Step »

Leicester will win. Why?

They will take the lead and going into the second half (obviously we will not score in the first) Ranieri will produce positive tactical substitutions. If he takes an attacker off he will bring another on (like he did at citeh) because he understands that their strength is in attack rather than defence. Taking off attacking players and bringing on holding midfielders or defenders does not enter his mind because knows that will just encourage the opposition to attack Leicester at will with no worry that they can hit back.

Game after game when we are in front the deluded one takes off attackers and tries to defend what we have. Like Leicester our strength is in attack so carry on attacking and pose a threat to the opposition rather than inviting them on to our feeble defence.

ITs SO OBVIOUS.

Personally I would go with Walcott instead of Giroud on Sun with Ox and Sanchez adding further pace. Leics couldn't handle it at their place.

We must be positive for 90 mins

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:To be fair how many times have we been thrashed at home in the PL in the decade since we moved from Highbury?

We have taken a few thumping a from Chelsea or United, and I remember Villa playing us off the park in 2008 (I think) to win 2-0. Point is it happens only very rarely and tends to be Chelsea or United, listening to some you'd think we get walloped at home 4 or 5 times every PL season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

We have taken a few thumping a from Chelsea or United, and I remember Villa playing us off the park in 2008 (I think) to win 2-0. Point is it happens only very rarely and tends to be Chelsea or United, listening to some you'd think we get walloped at home 4 or 5 times every PL season.
Never let the truth stand in the way of the hysteria, mate! :lol: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I remember being 3 nil down (and they missed a penalty) at home to west brom a few years back. The guy next to me fired his season ticket on the pitch and walked out :lol:

More fool he because we scored 2 late goals which meant that even though we lost the game we still had the bragging rights when it came to mental strength :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Step wrote:Leicester will win. Why?

They will take the lead and going into the second half (obviously we will not score in the first) Ranieri will produce positive tactical substitutions. If he takes an attacker off he will bring another on (like he did at citeh) because he understands that their strength is in attack rather than defence. Taking off attacking players and bringing on holding midfielders or defenders does not enter his mind because knows that will just encourage the opposition to attack Leicester at will with no worry that they can hit back.

Game after game when we are in front the deluded one takes off attackers and tries to defend what we have. Like Leicester our strength is in attack so carry on attacking and pose a threat to the opposition rather than inviting them on to our feeble defence.

ITs SO OBVIOUS.

Personally I would go with Walcott instead of Giroud on Sun with Ox and Sanchez adding further pace. Leics couldn't handle it at their place.

We must be positive for 90 mins

Yeah and watch Vardy score in the 95th ! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wengers' attempts at tactics - involved bringing on 2 defensive players when we are 2 nil up - and we need to shore-up and not let them in - Even though our strength is in attack and keeping possession of the ball instaed of allowing the opposition have it...

Wenger's tactics are so predictable - Stevie Wonder was listening to the game last week and he asked if wenger had made the subs yet as he wanted to set his watch to the correct time. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The (ex) Tinkerman Vs The Blinkeredegomaniacinflexiblecluessarmflapper.

We need to score early and not allow them back in - they will then push more bodies forward leaving gaps and room for Alexis and Ozil to work their 'Magic'.

COYG! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Draw all day long. But jeez do we need to win !

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Agree, Wengers tactics are rubbish. Playing Gibbs as a left midfielder does not shore up the left hand side. Wenger's strengths has always been getting the players to play a fast paced passing game to overcome the opposition. But once the players cross the white line, Wenger is useless as his subs and formation shuffles do F all.

Giroud had a great period, but he has fizzled out and he needs to be hooked from the team. He needs to know he cant occupy the forward position and go 3-4 games without a goal. This is another area I am critical of Wenger - he lets complacency set in. Players need to be dropped at the first sign of poor form.

I would play Walcott upfront, with Sanchez and Chamberlain either flank. Ozil in the hole, Ramsey and Coquelin in midfield. Gabriel ahead of Mertesacker. I read of the 8 games Gabriel has played 90 minutes in, we conceded only one goal - these are stats that cannot be overlooked.

I think the consensus is Leicester wont look to sit back, and have done very well playing an attacking brand of football and fearing no team. They wont arrive scared or with a plan to sit back. So pick pace within the team. Play Walcott over Giroud and Gabriel over Mertesacker.

I will be dismayed, if Wenger plays Giroud and/or Mertesacker in this game.