Chinese Super League

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: Chinese Super League

Post by Wilson »

There sh.. at football anyways. Its going to be really lopsided with all these top European players playing against players who couldn't get a run in the lower league of England. To put it into perspective, the best Chinese player to come to England was City's Sun Jihai.

Its just some vanity project by the Chinese government in their quest for global domination. Waste of money, they should have invested in going to the moon rather than trying to offer up a counterpart to the Premier League or La Liga.

Not to mention, any player willing to play their best years in China, has to be a mercenary. And thus if you lose out to a Chinese club for a player, it should be considered a bullet dodged.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

It's not really top European players is it though? Just like with Anzhi and the other Russian or Ukrainian clubs that have thrown around money they are predominantly able to attract second-rate South Americans, notorious mercenaries and players looking for a payday once they're well past their sell-by date.

Still, there's Wenger's excuse for not making the necessary signings in the next few windows.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

If our top European players play in China, will it hinder their chances of playing for their countries in the top competitions? I guess that will split the mercenaries from the genuine ambitious footballers. It's not alike they struggle on what they are paid now.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

casgooner wrote:If our top European players play in China, will it hinder their chances of playing for their countries in the top competitions? I guess that will split the mercenaries from the genuine ambitious footballers. It's not alike they struggle on what they are paid now.
I'd like to see you get by on a measly £55k a week, I nearly crashed my car :roll:

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

I just noticed forehead plays there :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
casgooner wrote:If our top European players play in China, will it hinder their chances of playing for their countries in the top competitions? I guess that will split the mercenaries from the genuine ambitious footballers. It's not alike they struggle on what they are paid now.
I'd like to see you get by on a measly £55k a week, I nearly crashed my car :roll:
:lol: :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

i have been a supporter of Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao F.C. for at least a week so fuck you all, china is the new super power, gonna win the league ,gonna win the league,

:mrgreen:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

REB wrote:i have been a supporter of Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao F.C. for at least a week so fuck you all, china is the new super power, gonna win the league ,gonna win the league,

JCL. I've supported them for two weeks. :mrgreen:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

StuartL wrote:
Are you a Championship footballer in disguise or an 'ordinary' Joe? Was that your new Bentley you nearly crashed or your recycled 90s Fiesta with the exhaust hanging off but your proud of it?

REB

Post by REB »

DB10GOONER wrote:
REB wrote:i have been a supporter of Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao F.C. for at least a week so fuck you all, china is the new super power, gonna win the league ,gonna win the league,

JCL. I've supported them for two weeks. :mrgreen:
but have you stood on the Guangzhou clock end :D

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Comments this morning were saying the new Chinese President is driving it and he is supposedly a huge football fan :shock:

He basically wants China to win the world cup whilst he is in power, interestingly enough though to prevent the league being swamped by foreigners and Chinese football development being held back the teams are limited to 4 non-Chinese born players.

They were saying potentially with that $850B they could offer the best players in the world at least double their wages with no problem as the Chinese home grown players wont/aren't be paid particularly well.

I wonder if we could get them to offer a certain Manager treble his wages and some comfort girls?

I know china is a communist country and as such the people have to do what they are told without question, but there is no way that this system can work - we know that the "imports" will be paid better than the locals, but the players and supporters will not support a system that see's their own people being shit upon that way

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

casgooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Are you a Championship footballer in disguise or an 'ordinary' Joe? Was that your new Bentley you nearly crashed or your recycled 90s Fiesta with the exhaust hanging off but your proud of it?
Actually its an Astra and it needed a whole new exhaust 2 days before xmas :( :(

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

StuartL wrote:
casgooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Actually its an Astra and it needed a whole new exhaust 2 days before xmas :( :(
Sorry about that, not good!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Comments this morning were saying the new Chinese President is driving it and he is supposedly a huge football fan :shock:

He basically wants China to win the world cup whilst he is in power, interestingly enough though to prevent the league being swamped by foreigners and Chinese football development being held back the teams are limited to 4 non-Chinese born players.

They were saying potentially with that $850B they could offer the best players in the world at least double their wages with no problem as the Chinese home grown players wont/aren't be paid particularly well.

I wonder if we could get them to offer a certain Manager treble his wages and some comfort girls?

I know china is a communist country and as such the people have to do what they are told without question, but there is no way that this system can work - we know that the "imports" will be paid better than the locals, but the players and supporters will not support a system that see's their own people being shit upon that way
Works in the IPL

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Glory hunter! :evil:

Guangzhou R&F F.C. till I die :barscarf: