Arsenal Anthem – the vote is on (2/7)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

beautiful at losing maybe, but beautiful losers? have you ever seen a spurs fan?

REB

Post by REB »

bet the club hav song picked out already and just tryin 2 keep people happy by thinkin there involved

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

well i know the redaction guys and i think they will be able to tell if the club are genuinely discussing the choices or not when they meet - so i will let you know

rambo

Post by rambo »

thought the poll was going to close after the weekend...?

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

sorry rambo - been a bit of a mare since sunday. leaks, plumbers, and oh so much more of my hectic yet strangely dull (to any other soul) existence eating away into my waking hours. i will try and get a new referendum sorted for wednesday.

Farrukh

Post by Farrukh »

So how goes the voting??

Am I the only one that can't find any of the songs listed worthwhile?

I think it's a fantastic idea - but the song needs to have a memorable chorus and preffarably a song with little lyrics yet dominated by it's chorus! It's hard to choose a song but the songs that have been listed are pretty cheesy and naff.

If it were just going for a chorus... i'd probably go for something like "Police - Every Breath You Take".

rambo

Post by rambo »

gooner.ed wrote:sorry rambo - been a bit of a mare since sunday. leaks, plumbers, and oh so much more of my hectic yet strangely dull (to any other soul) existence eating away into my waking hours. i will try and get a new referendum sorted for wednesday.
Nice one mate :wink:

So do you now send the winning song to Arsenal? All we do it wait now I guess for them to do what they have to do :roll:

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

trust me, the club will have been keeping an eye on the voting. they got in touch in the first place because of an article about the anthem vote on the website. i will be emailing them a complete list of all suggested songs as well as the result of the poll. just got to get the immediate deadline of the next edition of the gooner (print version) to press before i do that. that will be on sale at the four team tournament weekend after next. don't expect an anthem then by the way. i am sure the club won't do anything final until they've had time to meet with redaction.

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Keep up the great work gooner.ed 8)

Herd

Re: Arsenal Anthem – the vote is on (2/7)

Post by Herd »

I came into the OG in 2007 to this thread , after all the discussion they ignored everyone and went the wonder of you which was apparently Edelmans favourite !

They haven't changed much !

DB10GOONER

Re: Election Forum

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
It's like an election between a Shit Sandwich and a Giant Douche !
:shock:

10 years before South Park used the very same terms for their spoof of the Trumptard / Cúnton election! :shock:

Herd has The Sight. :shock:

Burn the witch!! :barscarf: :lol:

flash gunner

Re: Election Forum

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
It's like an election between a Shit Sandwich and a Giant Douche !
:shock:

10 years before South Park used the very same terms for their spoof of the Trumptard / Cúnton election! :shock:

Herd has The Sight. :shock:

Burn the witch!! :barscarf: :lol:
Herd Knows :barscarf:

You've mellowed Herd think i prefer the old Herd

Herd

Post by Herd »

South Park used it for previous elections u slllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags !

Outside now ALL OF YA !

brucers

Post by brucers »

This whole anthem thing is just more regimented, plastic support, goes hand in hand with half half scarves and polite applause. What next, a mission statement maybe canned cheering!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

brucers wrote:This whole anthem thing is just more regimented, plastic support, goes hand in hand with half half scarves and polite applause. What next, a mission statement maybe canned cheering!
They are good suggestions , be sure to email the club.