Arsenal Anthem – the vote is on (2/7)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

I Hate Hleb

Its a fair point you make but unfortunately it was born out of a moment of very random inspiration long after Monkian retired to the Coca-Cola Championship.

If i could go back in time and sing it at Highbury I would (where's Doctor Emmit Brown when you need him???) . Just maybe the great man would have been so inspired by the support he would been able to jump a few inches higher and never have scored that own goal off the top of his head against Bolton.

I see no reason why we cant sing it at the Grove now though. Whats wrong with showing support for players from the past?

londonupnorth

Post by londonupnorth »

Been following this idea for a long time now, and i've just come acros this, really can you imagine a more apt, and more adaptable tune. And again... Deo, Deeeooo, daylight come and me wanna go home (of football). http://www.youtube.com/singlondon
what you reckon?

londonupnorth

Post by londonupnorth »

Been following this idea for a long time now, and i've just come acros this, really can you imagine a more apt, and more adaptable tune. And again... Deo, Deeeooo, daylight come and me wanna go home (of football). http://www.youtube.com/singlondon
what you reckon?

londonupnorth

Post by londonupnorth »

this beats the lot of them, and is relevent to north london, and very adaptable http://www.youtube.com/singlondon what do you think?

londonupnorth

Post by londonupnorth »

sorry 4 the multiple responses, it's all new to me and i just a bit too excited.

londonupnorth

Post by londonupnorth »

and now i'm replying to my own question, but fuck me, i think i've hit on something here. question....response. the PA bloke has something to do at last

londonupnorth

Post by londonupnorth »

Please tell me aint too late ..... http://www.singlondon.org/ ...this is london singing! Danny Boy is me mums generation. Get over it. Poor paddy worked on the railway!!!

londonupnorth

Post by londonupnorth »

Ben-gooner14 wrote:I think what people are trying to say though is that the anthem should not have anything to do with the club and should be an old popular song from earlier years that everyone can sing along to.
carry on, something in mind?

I Hate Hleb

NUT ALLERGY??

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:I Hate Hleb

Its a fair point you make but unfortunately it was born out of a moment of very random inspiration long after Monkian retired to the Coca-Cola Championship.

If i could go back in time and sing it at Highbury I would (where's Doctor Emmit Brown when you need him???) . Just maybe the great man would have been so inspired by the support he would been able to jump a few inches higher and never have scored that own goal off the top of his head against Bolton.

I see no reason why we cant sing it at the Grove now though. Whats wrong with showing support for players from the past?
MY FRIEND, THERE IS OF COURSE NOTHING WRONG WITH US SINGING IT NOW AND SHOWING SUPPORT FOR RETIRED PLAYERS. I WAS (TRYING?) TO BE FUNNY/IRONIC. IT OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T WORK!! :roll: :( :lol: :wink:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

IHH

A case of crossed wires me thinks... by now I am well aware that second only to your love of Arsenal and hatred of Hleb (so make that "third only") is your love of taking the proverbial piss out of all and sundry like a diabetic's bladder (always all in good jest of course!!! :lol: I hope! :? )! And mighty good you are at it too!

Unfortunately I have not mastered the art of forum banter as yet, and have not a funny bone in my body - unlike Cashley 'C U Next Tuesday' Cole of course who has allegedly had messieurs Jenas and Pennant's hilariously pitiful "bones" in his body on at least one occasion! (That was my attempt at being funny by the way!).

Either way rest assured your mastery of ironic humour was/is not lost on me... it was merely a case of my posting skills being as poor as those of the Royal Mail.

I think i better watch my step before IHH becomes IHIU4GN!

I Hate Hleb

I'M A FUNNY GUY, I TELLS YA. A REAL FUNNY GUY!!!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

IT'S UP 4 GRABS,

DON'T WORRY SON, THE ABOVE POST PROVES YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY. :lol: :lol:

DIABETIC'S BLADDER? I'M TELLING YOU, WHEN I READ THAT, I REALLY DID NEARLY WEE MYSELF!! 8) :lol:

AND I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE COMPLIMENTS. I THINK?? :?

AS FOR REPLACING HLEB AND BECOMING THE SUBJECT OF MY IRE, NO NEED TO WORRY - YET! :wink: :lol: YOU ARE WELL DOWN THE LIST AT THE MOMENT. :wink: :D

N22Gooner

Post by N22Gooner »

"B'Jesus said Paddy"

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Highbury Highs by Roger Daltrey has got to be it. It makes us remember Highbury and sums up Arsenal. Not a bad song either :)

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I emailed Arsenal about 4 months ago about getting Roger Daultry to do the anthem but they never replied.

rambo

Re: Once again the gooner fcuks it up !

Post by rambo »

Herd wrote:Shut it you negative bastard.

On another note, I regret not putting forward Josh Groban - you raise me up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBga34W57As

Would have been good to put that in the poll.
Rambo im sure your a really tough guy shouting insults at me from behind your keyboard but if u really want to shut me up an appointment can be made at your earliest convenience.
quote]

You're probably 12 years old, so stop being a prick and feck off out of here. At the age of 37 I know better than the old 'I'm gunna knock u out innit' posts, obviously you don't.