Arsenal Anthem – the vote is on (2/7)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Easy boys, easy!! :shock: Offering each other out neanderthal style over a bloody song? :? Come on boys, you're better than that surely?!!

Remember, we must make love not war - otherwise what is the whole point of having ladies and condoms? :oops: :wink: :lol: Unless, of course, you are fighting over who gets to pleasure :roll: the lady first! :? :D Then it is permissable! :lol:

Oh, what am I talking about? :? Fuck it!! Let's get it on! Can I be referee please lads? :wink: :D

Eboue Can't Defend

Re: Once again the gooner fcuks it up !

Herd wrote:..so unless we change the make up of the fans themselves you won't get a better atmosphere no matter how hard you or red action try...
Can I perhaps suggest Max Factor, Olay and Neutrogena? Apparently, they are all very good products and might make all the difference!! :wink: :lol:

In fact, if you're talking literally about changing the make up of the fans, we could maybe have cosmetic ladies (or even real ones!) at each entrance to the ground, advising the fans as to which shade of colour would suit each of us best. It depends on your complexion, apparently :roll: :wink:

Can't really see the club going through all the trouble of organising that though. We might need to stick with finding ourselves an anthem instead!! :wink: :lol:

Hagbard 23

Post by Hagbard 23 »

If you boys don't start playing nice together, I'll get KAQAK down here to bang your heads together........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hagbard 23

Post by Hagbard 23 »

Herd

Re: Once again the gooner fcuks it up !

Post by Herd »

You're probably 12 years old, so stop being a prick and feck off out of here. At the age of 37 I know better than the old 'I'm gunna knock u out innit' posts, obviously you don't.
I havent a scooby what you mean by the above.
If you really are 37 I'd have thought your vocabulary would have been better.

You don't offer anything to this debate except abuse and your hard man routine fails to impress me.

My objections to these anthems is that they are crap,and will make us a laughing stock and whats more will not take off.

Id rather not do something than do something doomed to failure before it starts !

I would rather we sang Eyes Right skin back tight ,Good old Arsenal,or even roll out the red barrel than any of these songs mentioned than those mentioned ,all of which are purile.

An anthem for an anthems sake isnt the way forward ,lets please bury the issue untill such time as we can come up with one that is worthy of The Arsenal,rather than further tarnish our name with 2nd reate garbage !
Last edited by Herd on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

supermuppo

It's NOT an impossible dream surely......

Post by supermuppo »

We might as well stay at home if we think this.
I, for one, will not sing this.
And Wonderwall - Arsenal - fits beautifully!

supermuppo

Post by supermuppo »

Londonupnorth - absolutely spot on, this is much more in the spirit.
We don't want to think , hear or sing about impossible dreams....
Deo, gets my vote

Deo, Deeeooo, daylight come and me wanna go home (of football). http://www.youtube.com/singlondon
what you reckon?

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

Hagbard 23 wrote:gooner.ed - your avatar http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peac ... _thumb.jpg
had a go at uploading it, but once again, technology is the victor :(

f*** knows how you get an avatar on here, but at least i tried...

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

ahhh... i was not trying the 'upload from off-site' box... so now for the nobel peace prize 2008... :lol:

Eboue Can't Defend

Hagbard 23 wrote:If you boys don't start playing nice together, I'll get KAQAK down here to bang your heads together........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fantastic idea. 8) Couldn't have put it better myself (although I did try! :roll: :lol: ).

Now if the thought of our pal Kaqak coming to 'pay a visit' doesn't dampen this feud down, nothing will!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

T.S

Post by T.S »

Now, now boys, play nicely.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Now that the voting seems to be down to just two songs, what about starting a second round, with just "Streets of London" and "Impossible Dream" in it? Otherwise there is a serious risk of the winner being "elected" with only a third of the vote! That's ok in government, but this vote is much too important to allow it to happen here!

Eboue Can't Defend

Agree.

I think there should be yet another difference to the votes for M.P.'s taken on Election day. We should have a 'none of the above' option!! :shock: :?

Now that would be democracy working in the truest sense of the word!! 8) :lol:

Hear, Hear!! :wink: :lol:

rambo

Post by rambo »

hmmm not sure many would vote a second time as it took effort to get them to vote once let alone twice.

when does the vote end?

Herd

Election Forum

Post by Herd »

Eboue Can't Defend wrote:Agree.

I think there should be yet another difference to the votes for M.P.'s taken on Election day. We should have a 'none of the above' option!! :shock: :?

Now that would be democracy working in the truest sense of the word!! 8) :lol:

Hear, Hear!! :wink: :lol:
It's like an election between a Shit Sandwich and a Giant Douche !

Streets of London/the Impossible Dream, Stroll on George !

Will they play the Carter USM version of impossible dream,I wont sing it but at least i like the version ?

How many people have actually voted in this 321/391 kinell, even a thousand would not represent a madate from Arsenal fans yet this is what the club will embrace saying that once again they have bowed to the wishes of the fans.

Mandate my arse ,to use a Gill Scott heron-ism !