NO TALK OF CYPRUS HISTORY PLEASE -'TRNC' FLAG WAS POLITICAL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
N13Gooner

NO TALK OF CYPRUS HISTORY PLEASE -'TRNC' FLAG WAS POLITICAL

Post by N13Gooner »

I dont want to talk about the history of Cyprus or any other fabrications or propaganda.

What I want to debate is the blatent political statement by the flying of the 'TRNC' at the Emirates.

Here is a link from Turkish political group 'Embargoed's website.

http://www.embargoed.org/external_news_events.php?id=82

It states blatently that the flag guy is a member of their group. He is even quoted as saying his reasons for doing so were so that hopefully Turkish Cypriots can have their own international sports representations.

Here is a the basic ethos of 'Embargoed' and what they represent...
Embargoed! is an independent human rights group campaigning for the immediate and unconditional end to all embargoes against North Cyprus. The group was launched on 4 March 2005 and aims to play an active role in raising awareness about the isolation of North Cyprus and lobbying world leaders and institutions to restore the fundamental political, economic and social rights of Turkish Cypriots.
Im not here to talk about the groups contradictions in what they beleive in but I hope people here can see the link I am making when showing why this move was blatently political.

Right now the Turkish Cypriot community is doing their best to get the north recognised as a legitimate state / country and this flag flying seems to be another stunt.

Is anyone from Red Action here to take note or is this simple addition too complicated to understand???