Can you believe it? Arsene’s up for the cup! (7 Jan)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
proudtosaythatname

Can you believe it? Arsene’s up for the cup!

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I agree with most of the general points made, but methinks our editor is being a trifle negative about what I saw as a fantastic cup success. True, Liverpool dominated for a period, and even might have equalised, but this was an outstanding, rounded Arsenal performance. Ed does not comment on Thierry's magnificent decider: another memorable outpacing of Carragher deserving of a place in Arsenal folklore, reminiscent also of 'that goal' against Sp*rs. I didn't think it was a penalty - maybe not a booking as contact clearly was made - but Alonso seemed to trail his leg just enough for this to happen.
We should now have the psychological upper hand for the 2 (at least) further matches at Anfield this season, something Arsene may have had in mind when he picked yesterday's team... :D :D :D