New song?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sutch

New song?

Post by Sutch »

Right, I don't want to start another anthem thread here, I don't need to say how many threads that've been on here for it, but if that's how you take it, then so be it, I had this idea come to me and I'd thought I'd see how it's received. This is just a new thought, so improvements can be made and what not, and I might get ridiculed for this, but with our current range of songs, can't blame a man for trying to improve it :lol:

I chose the tune of "I will go sailing no more", but the Toy Story version (when Buzz finds out he's a toy), it describes and seems to fit our current situation as gooners, going long distances to see a team that showed alot of promise three years ago, then a dream that ended abruptly, with all our failings in the past 5 years or so, the team not believing in themselves and not showing enough fight, us as fans knowing what to expect every year, the latter part of the song could be used to actually give the players belief? Obviously changed the lyrics to fit the situation, and it'd be less slow and sad and not as much dragging the words out, namely "fly" in the last line, worth a try?

Out among the seats we stand
Way beyond our homes
In our red and white ship we sail
A dream that ended too soon
Now we know exactly who we are
And what we're here for
And we will go sailing no more
But no it can't be true
We could fly if we wanted to
Like a bird in the sky
If we believe we can fly
We will fly