Really, ANOTHER SCREENING?!?!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jonny3110

Really, ANOTHER SCREENING?!?!

Post by jonny3110 »

Now we all know how much our club love a pound note, and most of you probably aren't supersticious, however these screenings really ARE cursed!!! Every single game there are one's which we could/should win and something mental happens!!!

I went to every one of these except the Barca game two days ago (need I say anything about that result and the way it happened)! The last one I went to was Newcastle 4-4...we all know what happened then! Prior to that it was Birmingham, you know the one: PHILLIPS when we lost the league effectively and Manuel threw it into his net?? Ah then prior to that it was Villa away. The game that was stuck in the week of death for us (manure, chavs and mickey mousers all in one week). Game ended 0-0 Rosicky hit the bar, we hit the post, open goals, peno decisions the lot. Before that it was Sunderland, when Bent scored the winner when we dominated, and to top it off the first one we had.....drumroll.....manure, champs league 1st leg!

Even Charlie George, who compares most of these said as a joke at the Newcastle game at half time when we were 4-0 up: "I've been to every one of these and NEVER seen an Arsenal win. If we don't win today, I'm going to quit my job here"

If we don't win the WBA game (which i fully expect us not to, and bet it's under mad circumstances like they score 2 goals at the end, and get a peno in 5 mins past extra time) I really think we need a petition or something to stop these needless money spins!!! Cursed, paranoid, coincidental?? Discuss...

http://www.arsenal.com/splash/368/wba-v ... es-stadium

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

as if our team failing to win any 'screened' games has anything to do with anything other than them being shit. :lol: pathetic. like people on here who say "oh well done, look, it's all your fault" when we post early about the scum losing then they turn it around and win. :roll:

fuck the screenings, win lose or draw their just rubbish money spinners for the club. i wouldn't go if you paid me, i'd actually rather watch the match on tv with the bird. the emirates is nothing but a fancy library, matchday or screened.

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER

Post by Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER »

lol.

100% agree and was thinking the same thing when it was advertised.

jonny3110

Post by jonny3110 »

Think you may have taken it a little bit too seriously there Paul Smith, just saying it's not a happy day ever when we show a screening. And no we're not shit at all! Many thought we'd drop outta the Top 4, and go out of everything and really fall away. Not that we'd beat Barca for 160 mins until a ref decided to inteviene or get to the CC final, let alone be Top in beginning of March wiv Utd, or be in the FA cup quarters.

Anyway stay on point and a simple, na it's not anything to do with that Mystic Meg would have suited instead of pathetic, I don't even go there, gotta mrs so were probs shaggin anyway, shit club that's what it is :roll: :lol: :wink:

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

jonny3110 wrote:Think you may have taken it a little bit too seriously there Paul Smith, just saying it's not a happy day ever when we show a screening. And no we're not shit at all! Many thought we'd drop outta the Top 4, and go out of everything and really fall away. Not that we'd beat Barca for 160 mins until a ref decided to inteviene or get to the CC final, let alone be Top in beginning of March wiv Utd, or be in the FA cup quarters.

Anyway stay on point and a simple, na it's not anything to do with that Mystic Meg would have suited instead of pathetic, I don't even go there, gotta mrs so were probs shaggin anyway, shit club that's what it is :roll: :lol: :wink:
not shit in general, but we are to concede 4 goals in one half of football against newcastle :lol:

jonny3110

Post by jonny3110 »

Aye, we had a screening for that game... :lol:

RaM

Post by RaM »

How exactly do these screenings work?

Does everyone sit out in the regular matchday seating and watch on the big screen, or do they fit everyone up into corporate sections or something?

I'm not very sober and a little confused...?

Also agree though, these screenings probably have nothing to do with the results though. Because:

a.) For a screening to happen we are obviously away.

and

b.) The match being screened seems to usually have some kinf of significance.

Both situations where we seem unable to get a fantasti c result.

:oops:

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

Any one remember the Barnsley game on the big screen at Highbury in 98? We won that one. The North bank was opened with a big screen in front but the bottom West stand also had people in it that watched the Clock end screen.
I must admit I enjoyed it as I didn't get an away ticket of the game but it was a bit weird. I still have some photos somewhere.

swords

Post by swords »

remember an arsenal v glasow rangers screening around 89/90

when we played them in a friendly dressed up as a british cup

east stand was open with a section for london rangers in the corner!

think we used to screen the tott away game on the highbury screens.

recall them scoring and one of theirs jumping up,quite why he was watching at ours ??

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

May as well go and watch it down almost any pub around the ground.

They will all have it on.

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

Ted Baker wrote:as if our team failing to win any 'screened' games has anything to do with anything other than them being shit.
by far my favourite cooment on this forum so far this year...

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

I used to love screenings at Highbury! My Grandad use to take me to a couple of them, the one that really sticks in my memory is sitting in the North Bank watching us come back from 2-0 down to beat te chavs 3-2, atmosphere up there was great, haven't been to any at The Grove yet so I couldn't compare the two experiences..

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

I used to love screenings at Highbury! My Grandad use to take me to a couple of them, the one that really sticks in my memory is sitting in the North Bank watching us come back from 2-0 down to beat te chavs 3-2, atmosphere up there was great, haven't been to any at The Grove yet so I couldn't compare the two experiences..

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Gooner_Sam wrote:I used to love screenings at Highbury! My Grandad use to take me to a couple of them, the one that really sticks in my memory is sitting in the North Bank watching us come back from 2-0 down to beat te chavs 3-2, atmosphere up there was great, haven't been to any at The Grove yet so I couldn't compare the two experiences..
I took my dad to that one was brilliant :barscarf: KANU!!!!

Ive been to a few over the years the best was Kanu' hatrick but a good one was when we beat Rangers away in a Battle of Britain game in 1990 there were loads of Rangers fans at highbury and trouble with them :roll: . Not been to the Grove to watch any though

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

flash gunner wrote:
Gooner_Sam wrote:I used to love screenings at Highbury! My Grandad use to take me to a couple of them, the one that really sticks in my memory is sitting in the North Bank watching us come back from 2-0 down to beat te chavs 3-2, atmosphere up there was great, haven't been to any at The Grove yet so I couldn't compare the two experiences..
I took my dad to that one was brilliant :barscarf: KANU!!!!

Ive been to a few over the years the best was Kanu' hatrick but a good one was when we beat Rangers away in a Battle of Britain game in 1990 there were loads of Rangers fans at highbury and trouble with them :roll: . Not been to the Grove to watch any though
Did you bring your armchair as well?

:roll: :? :)