John Dickinson RIP

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

You're right Frank - the atmosphere before kick off was all wrong that day.

Normally we'd be singing to John Hollins as soon as the players came out but that day it was different. Even when the shout of UNITED went up I didn't quite cotton on but it turned ugly so quickly.

I can remember the ICF chanting and, once I'd got back amongst our fans, like the dick that I was back then, I had to ask someone what "I SEE IF" meant. I think he told me to f**k off.

I can also remember the SPG coppers piling in to the North Bank as well - some lad beside me got a crack across the legs with a baton because he didn't (couldn't) get out of their way quick enough. And I remember some poor bloke spewing his guts up beside me having breathed in the smoke bomb.

All in all that was a truly horrible day!!

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:You're right Frank - the atmosphere before kick off was all wrong that day.

Normally we'd be singing to John Hollins as soon as the players came out but that day it was different. Even when the shout of UNITED went up I didn't quite cotton on but it turned ugly so quickly.

I can remember the ICF chanting and, once I'd got back amongst our fans, like the dick that I was back then, I had to ask someone what "I SEE IF" meant. I think he told me to f**k off.

I can also remember the SPG coppers piling in to the North Bank as well - some lad beside me got a crack across the legs with a baton because he didn't (couldn't) get out of their way quick enough. And I remember some poor bloke spewing his guts up beside me having breathed in the smoke bomb.

All in all that was a truly horrible day!!
Yes, it was, I also remember giving John Lyall some stick when I passed him on the touchline...

GWC

Post by GWC »

RIP John

MK Gould

Re: John Dickinson RIP

Post by MK Gould »

RIP John - 32 years today...

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

RIP

goonergeoff

Post by goonergeoff »

R.I.P John.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

R.I.P

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

R.I.P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For me what is Terribly Sad and Utterly Wrong is that the utter scumbags who did it were never caught and made to pay the price. Also the Plod didn't do their job, because they didn't care or think it warranted justice.

If it is true that the scum who did it are now dead then may they rot in hell. A young man's life taken for no reason whatsoever.

R.I.P

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RIP to a fellow Gooner. I never knew John or met him or anything but I'll always remember when I heard he had been stabbed to death by those murdering filth. It had a massive impact on me as a young Gooner. That a young guy could be murdered over football is fucking sick. I've hated the Shammers ever since. Despicable cunthole of a club. :x

Would love Fat Fuck AllThePies to drag them down after pissing millions away on shit players and leaving them fucked with debt. Or his usual modus operandi, if you will. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:RIP to a fellow Gooner. I never knew John or met him or anything but I'll always remember when I heard he had been stabbed to death by those murdering filth. It had a massive impact on me as a young Gooner. That a young guy could be murdered over football is fucking sick. I've hated the Shammers ever since. Despicable cunthole of a club. :x

Would love Fat Fuck AllThePies to drag them down after pissing millions away on shit players and leaving them fucked with debt. Or his usual modus operandi, if you will. 8)
Perfect description mate!.

markyp

Post by markyp »

I can remember that day like it was yesterday,i was having my 9th birthday party that day,me and my mates had been kicking a ball about down the park,i came back to check the latest scores when I heard the news,i couldn't quite believe it,why would an Arsenal fan be stabbed to death??the great thing about supporting a team is the feeling of 'belonging',to lose one of the 'family' always hits home that it could have been any of us. R.I.P

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

What a waste of a young life, remember that day so well :cry: I don't think you could ever get over losing one of your children. R.I.P.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

RIP John

Stockwell girl

Re: John Dickinson

Post by Stockwell girl »

Herd wrote:The OB were not particularly fussed about catching his murderer and it was the Inspector in charges first ever big case.
The inspectors remit from on high is that people had to go down for it ,anyone in fact.
They were very keen to put some known faces away including yours truly,they even showed me a statement naming me as being there but I had gone to the East Upper beer some 10 mins before after saying goodbye to John who was returning to Vauxhall for a date.
Surprisingly no one was ever charged with his murder however 2 West Ham who admitted kicking him got sent down for 3/6 months. We were shocked by the bungling prosecutor who reduced the charge from manslaughter to ABH .
Even more surprising though was that the other Arsenal fans who were with John when they were set upon by 300 West ham, each received 18 months for conspiracy pure madness .
This included 1 lad that was beaten senseless and had his arms broken as he curled up on the floor.
Did you know John?