Bendtner; The Leg-end

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
safcftm

Bendtner; The Leg-end

Post by safcftm »

Yes, this is going to be a very popular thread in which I will probably be the only person to post. You can come here any time you want to see how Bendtner is getting on in his new temporary home. Will he come back a player ready to feature for Arsenal after a prolonged period of games? Maybe he will (he probably wont, but I'm trying to avoid this thread being locked or basemented!).

Anyway, I'm absolutely chuffed to see that we've signed the lad on loan for the season and, in case anyone thinks I'm being sarcastic and taking the piss, I have gone to the trouble of digging out some of my Bendtner posts from the last year:

(from http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=28198 )
safcftm wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:you started drinking early today safcftm :wink:
:lol: :lol: I've been saying in many threads that I think SAFC should target Bendtner as Bent's replacement and, realistically, although the lad isn't consistent enough and doesn't have the best of attitudes, at least he is capable of operating out wide or up front, has a good (if inconsistent) touch, good vision and awareness and obviously is still very young. I think 12m would be about fair for an initial payment (although I remember at least one person on here thinking it should be substantially higher), and I'd be happy to have at least 4 or 5 million extra in the form of add ons based on things like us qualifying for Europe and Bendtner featuring in a certain number of games and scoring a certain number of goals
The lad has a decent reputation in the game so if we signed him for 12m and it didnt work out, we wouldnt be having to pay much if anything more in terms of the addons, and I would imagine he would still be young enough for another club to take a punt on him for around about 10m, so we wouldnt lose much. If he ended up costing us 16/17m then obviously we as a club would have been successful and he would have contributed to it, so it would be worth the extra money.
There is a big difference between a player like Bendtner being good enough for Arsenal and being good enough for SAFC, and believe it or not he is a good player, albeit one who wont make it at Arsenal. But a good prospect who has played as often as he has for Arsenal and who shows at least glimpses of real ability will always be valued quite high, especially due to the club he is at, and so I honestly dont think you would struggle to get 12m for him if you were to look to sell
(from http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=28158 )
safcftm wrote:Bendtner would be good, and I've said on here before that I would love to see him at Sunderland, but you're competing on 4 fronts so will need players- theres no chance he'd be allowed to leave now unless we really overspent, and as I say, we cant even ask about a loan (which Wenger would reject anyway). I'd happily see us pay £12m rising to £16m for Bendtner, maybe even a bit more tbh, but if the club decided he was the man to go for, he would have to be signed in the summer.

(from http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=28029 )
safcftm wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:good goal tonight but long term i would prefer if he was sold, he's not good enough.
I think today showed why I have mentioned that I would be delighted if SAFC were to go for him for around the 12m mark. There is definitely talent in there, his control, composure and finish tonight were top class, and around the 35th minute there were a couple of times (once the ball for Van Persie) where he showed very good awareness and delivered dangerous balls into the box. Not good or consistent enough for the Arsenal, but a very good PL player nonetheless. Just his workrate and attitude that is suspect really.
(from http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... hp?t=27855 )
safcftm wrote:
donaldo wrote:
Is Bruce that fucking stupid.Billy Bender wouldnt score half the goals Bent does for you
he wouldnt score as many, but Bent and Gyan are too similar, they dont look like they can work as a partnership and I think Bendtner up front with Gyan would work a lot better. Bendtner is a good player- not good enough for Arsenal but he is a good player, and he would be worth taking a risk on. Yesterday Ameobi tortured us because he can actually hold a ball up and, regardless of whether he scores many goals, that can be vital if you have a man up top with him who can get the goals. Bendtner and Gyan would be a much better partnership than Bent and Gyan. The only trouble is how much Arsenal would want for him, but certainly for 12-15m it would be good business, then spend the extra £5m we got for Bent towards getting a creative midfielder like N'Zogbia (we already have around £12m to spend, and if we added the extra £5m to that, 17m would be enough for N'Zogbia)
Hopefully I'll be proved right that the lad can do a cracking job for a side like us and, you never know, he certainly has the confidence, maybe with a good run of games he can have a chance to impress the Arsenal fans next season.

Welcome to Sunderland Nicklas lad, you'll have a good home and be much appreciated here. Oh, and Bent's been shagging Bruce's daughter, so gan and take her off him, fuck her for Sunderland lad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tno9qTMHPL8

Yes, I've been drinking, but still I'm fucking buzzing, wanted Bendtner at Sunderland for ages. So here it is, the ultimate "check out how Bendtner is doing even though you dont really give a fuck and just want him to fuck off" thread :barscarf:

Watson

Post by Watson »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :lol:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Bendtner, this is my leaving gift for you; :finger:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

bendtner will be a great player for sunderland. i'm writing this down on the first page so you can come here by the end of the season and realize how fucking intelligent and knowledgeable about football i am 8)

seriously now, mick bendtnah is a good striker and will score loads for you mackems! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

ambarron

Post by ambarron »

Certainly don't think you will be alone, I'm fucking delighted he has joined you as well, in fact could only be happier if you had taken almunia, djorou and the Squid as well!

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

Has he 100% signed because BBC Foor]tball is reporting he went to sign the paperwork but missed,

in all seriousness good luck Bendtner, Hope you come back ready for the 1st team

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I think he'll be a success at Sunderland. And I think he had a much better scoring record at Arsenal than the fans and media gave him credit for given the lack of games and sporadic appearances.....

Still think it was right for him to go, but I wish him the best of luck!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

One thing that will suit Barry is that Bruce will actually play him as a striker rather than stick him on the wing like the gormless one :roll:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

I always rated bendtner but he just didnt fit into our post 2009(?) system, he needs a partner. He has nowhere near the consistency of performance to "lead the line" on his own, at least for Arsenal.

I think he will be a good player for you, just hope we are no longer paying any of the *word censored* considerable wage.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

You got a great winger :lol:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

20 goals a season for ye.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Great signing for Sunderland I think.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

so how is his season progressing?

must have stumpled out of a club with another blonde on his arm already?

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

This thread should be stuck. :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Barriecuda wrote:This thread should be stuck. :barscarf:
i agree. we don't have many stickies anyway at arsenal chat. and this is going to be a lot of fun :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol: