Any Yorkshire Based Gooners here?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gunner_ace

Any Yorkshire Based Gooners here?

Post by gunner_ace »

Are their any Yorkshire based Gooners knocking about on this forum other then me?

I have just been appointed (self) recruitment officer for the Yorkshire Arsenal Supporters Club (YASC) and would be interested to hear from any Yorkshire based gooners who may be interested in joining.

We run a 50 seater coach down to most home games picking up from Leeds, Ferrybridge (just by the M62 / A1 intersection) and Doncaster. Also as we are an official affiliated club we get guaranteed seating in the lower tier clock end right by the away fans , which if anyone else who sits near there can testify is always a pretty lively part of the stadium. The seats are cheaper also as opposed to the upper tiers.

So if you are Yorkshire based but haven’t been able to game to any games due to cost or not knowing anyone to go with, then please give me a shout and ill get you signed up. For a normal category B game it works out at roughly £65 all in for travel and ticket, and you can’t say fairer then that.

PM me your details for a chat

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I am from Trumpton, just down the road from Emmerdale!

8)

leedsgooner

Post by leedsgooner »

Me and my Dad are both in the YASC and travel to games when we can. I'm based in Leeds but my Dad (and me) are originally from Halifax

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

Percy Dalton wrote:I am from Trumpton, just down the road from Emmerdale!

8)
Is trumpton real? I thought it was a made up place serving the needs of an early 90's Rave classic.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

gunner_ace wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:I am from Trumpton, just down the road from Emmerdale!

8)
Is trumpton real? I thought it was a made up place serving the needs of an early 90's Rave classic.

Yes it is real!

Just ask Rebel!

8)

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

Its time for Trumpton. :wettrout: :db10_2: :party:

chooon.

seriously though, that place isnt real what?

Herd

Yorkshire Reds

Post by Herd »

Used to be a few from Hemsworth cousins from John Radford but Ive not seen them for a few years !

Paul

Re: Any Yorkshire Based Gooners here?

Post by Paul »

Hi My son and myself would like to join the Yorkshire Arsenal supporters and start going to some games how do we start /

Paul Connor

My son is called Shea and is 11 years old

Thanks

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Paul wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:00 pm
Hi My son and myself would like to join the Yorkshire Arsenal supporters and start going to some games how do we start /

Paul Connor

My son is called Shea and is 11 years old

Thanks
Hi Paul, only reference I can find to YASC is a Facebook page and the following contact details off the arsenal.con website;

email: [email protected]
PH: 07753 313839

Also a link here; http://addr.ws/yorkshire-arsenal-suppor ... on-uk.html

Best of luck to you and your son. 8)

markyp

Post by markyp »

i was always told you cant be a true Arsenal supporter unless you live in London at least ,was imformed this by some lovely gooners cup final day 93 whilst having a pre final drinks in carnaby street before making our way to Wembley,they asked where we were from and we said Weymouth and one bloke said as he turned away 'not real supporters then?'charming,wonder what he'd make of our cultists in the far east?? probably have a seizure :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 pm
i was always told you cant be a true Arsenal supporter unless you live in London at least ,was imformed this by some lovely gooners cup final day 93 whilst having a pre final drinks in carnaby street before making our way to Wembley,they asked where we were from and we said Weymouth and one bloke said as he turned away 'not real supporters then?'charming,wonder what he'd make of our cultists in the far east?? probably have a seizure :shock:
Ignore that superfan horseshit. I've met plenty of fucking fairweather and part time fans from Islington. Once had a lad asking why non-local fans supported Arsenal and didn't support their "local" team - and he was from a part of Enfield closer to Shite Fart Lane than to Highbury! :oops: :lol:

brucers

Post by brucers »

Scunthorpe here but plenty of locals refer to themselves as Yorkshire. No plans on going to league games though!

YorkshireGunner

Post by YorkshireGunner »

PONTEFRACT West Yorkshire here 2017/18
Life long Gooner originaly from North London, That moved up north through work & life many years ago
I'm looking for other Gooners near enough to me That would like to meet up, And travel to Games with me To The Emirates
which I can get tickets for,
Even Away games, if and when I can get tickets for those
I tend to always have one spare.
so if you might be interested in going on a regular basis, or already go and want to share transport even
Drop me a Pm and I can discuss it further
and let you know which games I will be going to next

COME ON THE ARSENAL

:barscarf: :flag:

YorkshireGunner

Post by YorkshireGunner »

I'm Still Looking for any Yorkshire Gooners out there,
I now have 1 Spare ticket for Thursdays 26/04/18 semi final v Atletico, due to a friend not being able to attend.
If you are from Yorkshire, available, and can travel with me , from Pontefract to the Emirates, and back after the Game, Please get in touch, PRIVATE MESSAGE me.
ALSO he has told me he cannot make the Burnley home game also, WENGERS last game at home Sunday 06/05/18. So I have 1 SPARE TICKET for that also, again If you are available to go, Travel down Together from Pontefract and back, please PRIVATE MESSAGE ME.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

TICKET NOW GONE ..... SORRY
Last edited by YorkshireGunner on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:20 pm
markyp wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 pm
Ignore that superfan horseshit. I've met plenty of fucking fairweather and part time fans from Islington. Once had a lad asking why non-local fans supported Arsenal and didn't support their "local" team - and he was from a part of Enfield closer to Shite Fart Lane than to Highbury! :oops: :lol:
You get fair weather fans anywhere, how many fans over the last 10 years will have ditched Arsenal from outside London to support City or even United, now they are competing for trophies again? A lot more than in Islington I suspect.

Being closer to Shiite Hart Lane is irrelevant, and I am sure your just being a nob MOD as usual, where I live is just round the a406 from spud territory yet there are far more gooners here close to the Piccadilly line that have followed Arsenal for decades. Pretty obvious where you are coming from tbh.

The principle of supporters club is fair enough, the ticketing priority Arsenal give these clubs especially for away games is wrong. How can a fan that goes to 5 games through a supporters club, a season get priority ticketing for an away game that a gold member needs to have 10 or more away credits. By way of example 17 years ago any gold member could get a ticket for Sunderland away, yet last season you needed 20 credits to stand a chance for the same game. It’s not even the equivalent of a cat A away game. I would love to see a breakdown of tickets that go to these clubs for away games. For sure it’s at the expense of gold and even silver members that go to a lot of games each season.