Theo Walnut

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Walnut?

Not good enough
76%
Was good but ruined by the GIC
24%

Total votes: 37

Wengerball

Theo Walnut

Post by Wengerball »

Ok mods I promise this will be my last article of the day but I feel this guy really needs to be singled out here.

For me Arsene has wrecked this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJSKkFGd ... re=related

This to me shows the promise that he had playing as a striker- his finishing, pace and confidence all on show in that game. All right its not a game for the Arsenal but it showed the potential he had to become a lethal striker.
Arsene has wasted him on the wing and his confidence has been shot to pieces due to his lack of crossing ability and being played out wide

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Walcott is the most over-rated player in the Premier League. He's an athlete with some football ability and his priorities are :-

1. His wallet
2. His image
3. England
4. Arsenal

He sums up the current Arsenal - nowhere near as good as he thinks he is!! :banghead:

Kevinho

Post by Kevinho »

A very fast athlete. Not a footballer and has developed a nasty habit of hiding when he is needed most.

Cut our losses and get rid.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

He is useless. Get rid of him (and take Wenger with him).

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Put an option of ''shoot the *word censored* in the head'' and I'd pick that one..

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I do not think he hides. I think he is a hard working player who has not developed as he should under Wenger.

Obviously very fast, can put in decent crosses and is more creative than people give him credit for.

As a midfielder I think he works better cutting in from the left, and would like to see him up front at times in a two man attack, though this must be practiced in training first.

He is unpopular on this site, but I regard him as a valued member of the squad who can and I believe will improve.

I have met him and he was very down to earth, polite and intelligent and was happy to sign autographs.

If we were to sell him in the summer, I reckon he would flourish at another club.
Last edited by QuartzGooner on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Sooner Chamberlin replaces him the better, he won't be any worse that's for sure.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

Another one of these fucking threads. Play the little fella up front and you will see what he can bring end of story. He is told to hug the touchline all game and just gets isolated too often. When he plays central and he gets gicen the ball he is always buzzing and is often our best player. The lad is dying to play up there but wenger wont do it.

augie

Post by augie »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Walcott is the most over-rated player in the Premier League. He's an athlete with some football ability and his priorities are :-

1. His wallet
2. His image
3. England
4. Arsenal

He sums up the current Arsenal - nowhere near as good as he thinks he is!! :banghead:

Never a more accurate post on this forum :high5:

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I can't understand all this, play him through the middle shit, he showed with the missed chance against that great Bolton side recently, taking the shot on too early when one on one against the keeper, he hardly has any composure if he has too much time, he should really have been shipped out long ago, no skill, no tricks and no brain - just pace!!

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

augie wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Walcott is the most over-rated player in the Premier League. He's an athlete with some football ability and his priorities are :-

1. His wallet
2. His image
3. England
4. Arsenal

With respect, it is innaccurate.

If you had met him you realise the bloke is a professional, just not been given the correct coaching.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Correct football coaching or correct PR coaching?

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

QuartzGooner wrote:
augie wrote:

1. His wallet
2. His image
3. England
4. Arsenal

If you had met him you realise the bloke is a professional, just not been given the correct coaching.
Yes, I could be that professional also, fat pay packet, nice fit bird on your hand and the only pressure he has is to what ad campaign he is going to side with for his next big pay day, the sooner he fucks off the better...

augie

Post by augie »

QuartzGooner wrote:
augie wrote:

1. His wallet
2. His image
3. England
4. Arsenal

Could it also not be interpreted that the fact he was so polite and cordial with you shows that working on his image (point no.2 by jumpers) is going well ? I'm sorry, am in a bad mood (who isnt ? :( ) but being polite and friendly to fans is a long way below putting in good performances on the pitch with a good work ethic and on a consistant basis for me and this brainless clown has never showed an ability to do that. To make matters really worse he has decided to turn up with a real attitude this season as well which is totally unacceptable for a guy of his standing imo :evil: :banghead:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

from my tv Walnutt resemble Henry, shame he didn't play like him

and also in Henry's final season, many a times he would whisper something in Walcotts ear, i wonder what he said