Bacary Sagna

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Re: Bacary Sagna

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Its no coincidence that since has returned, our results have improved massively.

Our most consistent player and his injury has played a huge part in the number of defeats we have had this season.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Up until fairly recently I'd have said he was our only underrated player. Seems he's finally getting his due. I've always thought he'd have gotten into the Invincibles team ahead of Ralph.

Agree with whoever it was who was (partially) defending his crossing. As crap as it is at times, if we had players who regularly made near post runs across the defender to attack the ball a fair few of those crosses would look a lot more dangerous. A cross is usually a 2-way thing, the onus is on the receiver (steady Jayson, onus not anus :oops: ) as well as the crosser to make it work.

What's the odds he scores an og and gets sent off today now. :roll: :lol:

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

I'm a big Bac fan, it's just amazing how good he is defending on the air and on the ground. He still provides very decent options for playing foward, just look at how many times he's involved with one twos with Theo and others on the right. Best in the league easy.

IrishGunner

Post by IrishGunner »

Just reading an article on pravda about his 200th game coming up and found out he's 29 :shock:

Only got a few more years of Sagna left :( , hopefully he'll have one trophy with us, a player who definitely deserves one

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Top quality player.Mr consistency.The only player in the present team who would get into the Invincible side.Shame he has had to play alongside so much shit in the back four since he joined

Post by 1989 »

IrishGunner wrote:Just reading an article on pravda about his 200th game coming up and found out he's 29 :shock:

Only got a few more years of Sagna left :( , hopefully he'll have one trophy with us, a player who definitely deserves one
I think he can go till 33 or 34 years of age and still maintain his current level. He's one of the most physically fit players I've ever seen. I don't think it's a stretch to say he will still be our first choice right back for the next 5 years. I mean Lee Dixon was still first choice for us at 36 and he was never the physical beast that Sagna is.

SinghaSong

Post by SinghaSong »

You have to rate Sagna, great defensively and this season his final ball has really improved. I also really like the look of Jenkinson - shame he got injured when he did. The right side looks a lot more solid than the left at the moment.