THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SouthCoastArsenal

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

As a PLC, an announcement regarding Wenger signing a contract should not be buried if it's already happened. That would be contravening Stock Exchange rules and given Arsenal PLC matters more to Stan that Arsenal FC, I can't see that it will have happened.

Unfortunately, it will happen

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:an akb i know now saying "it would be foolish to let him go this summer as no contingency plan or preparation has been made for a replacement", what is this shit? they sound like fucking politicians

:lol: :lol:
It's beyond a joke, it really is like a cult. Can you imagine if he does go....it'll be like the Jonestown Massacre, or Waco, with a mass suicide on the
pitch !

The really troubling thing, is that it would be understandable if these people were all half-wits waiting to be sectioned, but I know many that are highly intelligent, successful people. Unfathomable tbh.

Still Henry, there is a positive to what you have posted. It smacks of desperation. Those coming out with claptrap like that must surely realise that the game's up for Il Duce, because that's a long way from "we'll spend big in the Summer and challenge next season", or even "who are you gonna replace him with?".

If all your mate has got is what he's come up with there, then he's as desperate as hell. It's a non-argument and they know it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:an akb i know now saying "it would be foolish to let him go this summer as no contingency plan or preparation has been made for a replacement", what is this shit? they sound like fucking politicians

:lol: :lol:
It's beyond a joke, it really is like a cult. Can you imagine if he does go....it'll be like the Jonestown Massacre, or Waco, with a mass suicide on the
pitch !

The really troubling thing, is that it would be understandable if these people were all half-wits waiting to be sectioned, but I know many that are highly intelligent, successful people. Unfathomable tbh.

Still Henry, there is a positive to what you have posted. It smacks of desperation. Those coming out with claptrap like that must surely realise that the game's up for Il Duce, because that's a long way from "we'll spend big in the Summer and challenge next season", or even "who are you gonna replace him with?".

If all your mate has got is what he's come up with there, then he's as desperate as hell. It's a non-argument and they know it.

You mean something like this, just a tad less orderly! :lol:

phpBB [video]

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Wenger Out makes it to Wrestlemania!

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke ... estlemania

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

At the risk of being accused of using a metaphor of dubious taste given recent tragic events at Westminster.....

They say that the terrorist only has to get lucky once, those trying to keep us safe from them have to get lucky every time.

The current narrative seems to suggest Wenger only has to get lucky once between now and the end of the season before the new contract can be signed and our fate sealed.....we have to be lucky enough that he doesn't win any to give the club no such opportunity.

Sunderland at home might be a stretch...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This was the original stepping stone once most of the pro-Wenger media realised after Liverpool that his time was up. Keown was a particular proponent.

Utterly ludicrous. Ridiculous to suggest that a 12-month planning phase is needed for a handover, particularly when the whole reason for Wenger going is because things haven't been working for years.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The club have offered up a scapegoat, and heads on the chopping block. None of them are guilty though. Look at Wenger, ready to knife his yes men in the back. What a fuking loser.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... senal.html

augie

Post by augie »

Last week my buddy was talking to a guy that works behind the scenes in the club, and he suggested indirectly to my friend that he might be moving on in the summer - I, in my undoubted eagerness to believe, automatically assumed that there was gonna be a total regime change in the summer but now it looks like le cock is going to offer up a load of sacrificial lambs to protect his own arse :roll: I guess I shouldn't be surprised really cos he stabbed his good friend DD in the back many years ago, so why wouldn't he do the same with mere underlings ? :evil: :evil: :banghead:

General

Post by General »

Wilson wrote:The club have offered up a scapegoat, and heads on the chopping block. None of them are guilty though. Look at Wenger, ready to knife his yes men in the back. What a fuking loser.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... senal.html
You can't polish a turd.

WengerOUT

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Hahaha!
More Inner Workings from the Master of Spin...
He is such a chameleon, has no loyalty whatsoever, even cheated on his Mrs, the rat....

Directors of Football do not work, tottyham tried it and failed along with other clubs..
They are so far removed these yanks it is unbelievable, let's pass the buck to someone else...
The back room including physios are shit, Bould should go too along with Wenger...

What other ideas will they intentionally leak out in order to test the water, the sly bastards....

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Has he gone yet

NickF

Post by NickF »

In today's press conference:

"It's a good challenge [reaching the top four]," said Wenger. "It is perfectly possible, for 20 years I have done it. I am quite pleased that people can realise it is not as easy as it looks. Like Pep Guardiola said 'to achieve a top four in England is a trophy'."

Still pendling that old sh*t about the top 4 trophy... :banghead: :banghead:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

He will take crumbs of comfort!
I say Prepare the straight jacket!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

NickF wrote:In today's press conference:

"It's a good challenge [reaching the top four]," said Wenger. "It is perfectly possible, for 20 years I have done it. I am quite pleased that people can realise it is not as easy as it looks. Like Pep Guardiola said 'to achieve a top four in England is a trophy'."

Still pendling that old sh*t about the top 4 trophy... :banghead: :banghead:

What a complete *word censored*. Somebody please shut this *word censored* up.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i just can't understand a lot of our supporters these days.
I have a mate who i used to go to matches with who said in 2015 after we won the cup that ok Wenger has got to go if can't make changes in the next year...

just been in contact with him now...2 years on and he now says that a new contract is the best option!....because if he knows it is his last chance then he will have to do something :lol: :lol: FFs they just do NOT GET IT! :banghead:

he also said that if he leaves he will probably go to PSG and start winning trophies and who would you get to replace him :roll: