THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

robbo10 wrote:
Babu wrote:
xisstential wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:Has he gone yet?
Unfortunately not :( any slim chance got even slimmer on Sunday :(
Is there any other club in the world where one win, not a final, not a trophy, just one scrappy win, can just erase more than a dozen, shocking, embarrassing, head in the hands humiliations?? Only at AFC :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
It's a "win" that got the Club to a Wembley Final.

That was one of the most amazing things to happen to "my" Club when I was young.
The fact that I got it three years in a row was too much to believe!
And even in those halcyon times we got fucking humiliated in two of them!

But which one do we remember?
Of course!

phpBB [video]
I remember my old man getting me after this game from my Aunt's just off Southgate Road Islington,he was absolutely fucked,pissed out of his head,I was 7 so he would have been 29 I guess,the walk back to Kingsland Road from there took ages,he couldnt even walk straight,literally 3 steps forward 2 steps backwards,the people out side the pubs on the way home all singing and dancing,it was hot as FA Cup final day always seemed to be when I was a kid,Islington into Hackney was just red and white or yellow and blue,

Brady was fucking awesome that day....ran the show

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Before the window even opens Wenger is quoted as saying we will be priced out of a bid for Mbappe. Defeatist attitude that has led the club nowhere.
I really hope we don't get a top 4 finish they don't deserve the bonus and god knows where all this supposed money is going. O yeah on second rate transfers that's where.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

supergeorgegraham wrote:Before the window even opens Wenger is quoted as saying we will be priced out of a bid for Mbappe. Defeatist attitude that has led the club nowhere.
I really hope we don't get a top 4 finish they don't deserve the bonus and god knows where all this supposed money is going. O yeah on second rate transfers that's where.
That drives me fucking nuts. He basically shows his cards before a fucking hand has been dealt. :roll: :banghead:

It's all to perpetuate this myth that his hands are financially tied and the Virtual XI (surely a 25 man squad by now) of nearly signed players somehow shows that he has given his best effort but the "financially doped" clubs have just outbid him. Utter fucking gash. :roll: :x

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:Before the window even opens Wenger is quoted as saying we will be priced out of a bid for Mbappe. Defeatist attitude that has led the club nowhere.
That drives me fucking nuts. He basically shows his cards before a fucking hand has been dealt. :roll: :banghead:

It's all to perpetuate this myth that his hands are financially tied and the Virtual XI (surely a 25 man squad by now) of nearly signed players somehow shows that he has given his best effort but the "financially doped" clubs have just outbid him. Utter fucking gash. :roll: :x
And he pays less for the riff raff he brings in then overpays them to such an extent, over such a long period, that he could have bust the bank in the first instance on a decent player. He scrimps on buying players but then rewards his little pets with astronomical wages, then when they turn out to be absolute crap, he hangs on to them because they are loyal to him (because they are so desperately grateful) and even if he wanted to sell them he couldn't because any sensible manager would reject the ludicrous wage demand. So now this parsimonious fraud is stuck with 5 or 6 poor, wildly overpaid, hopelessly indulged little Prima Donna's...and then just to add to it he tries to convince us that these are world class players...just like he told us Walcott could captain England. As I read yesterday....The sleeping bag has spoken.PRICK!!
Last edited by xisstential on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Has he gone yet?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

We need a manager who is fucking hardcore at getting good deals for good players, this is where I start turning fucking green at envy at certain clubs who get the good deals done.....
While he was offering Vardy, it fucking escaped his notice that Kante was a good prospect, given he is going to now get two EPL titles with two different teams, on the bounce..... :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:We need a manager who is fucking hardcore at getting good deals for good players, this is where I start turning fucking green at envy at certain clubs who get the good deals done.....
While he was offering Vardy, it fucking escaped his notice that Kante was a good prospect, given he is going to now get two EPL titles with two different teams, on the bounce..... :banghead:
The best bit is, by most versions of the story, we paid more for Walking Lobotomy Man Xhaka than the chav paid for Kante! :banghead: :cussing:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:We need a manager who is fucking hardcore at getting good deals for good players, this is where I start turning fucking green at envy at certain clubs who get the good deals done.....
The best bit is, by most versions of the story, we paid more for Walking Lobotomy Man Xhaka than the chav paid for Kante! :banghead: :cussing:
I tend to shutdown after the final kick of the season, because every summer I get so disappointed at this mugs transfer dealings, I wouldn't even give him a shopping list for Waitrose, coz the *word censored* would go to Lidls and bring so much shit back!
as well as get turned over for the deal of the day!.... :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Verrily Tis True Amigo!

Wengercuntslop knows best! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Redarmy wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
Babu wrote:
xisstential wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Unfortunately not :( any slim chance got even slimmer on Sunday :(
Is there any other club in the world where one win, not a final, not a trophy, just one scrappy win, can just erase more than a dozen, shocking, embarrassing, head in the hands humiliations?? Only at AFC :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
It's a "win" that got the Club to a Wembley Final.

That was one of the most amazing things to happen to "my" Club when I was young.
The fact that I got it three years in a row was too much to believe!
And even in those halcyon times we got fucking humiliated in two of them!

But which one do we remember?
Of course!

phpBB [video]
I remember my old man getting me after this game from my Aunt's just off Southgate Road Islington,he was absolutely fucked,pissed out of his head,I was 7 so he would have been 29 I guess,the walk back to Kingsland Road from there took ages,he couldnt even walk straight,literally 3 steps forward 2 steps backwards,the people out side the pubs on the way home all singing and dancing,it was hot as FA Cup final day always seemed to be when I was a kid,Islington into Hackney was just red and white or yellow and blue,

Brady was fucking awesome that day....ran the show

I woz there lol!

Very hot day, fantastic day smashing those *word censored*, back to North London for a party, the whole fuckin place was buzzin... :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

‘Let’s be honest, I answered the question of [power] shift for 18 years.
‘You cannot say that that the weight of one year has the weight of 20.’

Well Arsene, thats why its called a power shift, as the whole point of a power shift, is the reversal of two teams fortunes. And if we are honest, we have only been finishing above Spurs by bare thin margins over the past years. Did you know in seasons 11-12, 12-13 and 15-16 we only finished ahead of Spurs by a single point!! The last time we finished 15 points ahead of Spurs, was 2008-09, plus, we also had the close call in 2006 having to beat Wigan in the final game at Highbury to leapfrog Spurs on the final day.

The close calls with Spurs should have been a warning sign. Yet of course, Arsene didnt see it coming and even know with Spurs 15 points in front and easily the best team in the country along with Chelsea - Arsene still cant see it, he cant see our diminishing position not just in the league, but also in relation to Spurs.

What if Chelsea slip up and Spurs actually win the league - will Wenger find some insane reason for why its not really a big deal? No team finds itself 15 points below another team without being inferior.

Another part of his legacy is seeing Spurs overtake us on his watch. Because we were better than Spurs when he arrived in 1996.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

http://www.football365.com/news/wenger- ... many-times

another signing to the virtual squad...we really are virtual worldbeaters!!

Midz

Post by Midz »

"We watched a lot ****** Keynes" :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

huh? why is the M word sensored ^^ am I missing something?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Midz wrote:huh? why is the M word sensored ^^ am I missing something?

It goes back a long way mate when the word/name could have got the forum shut down.