THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by markyp »

not sure if this has been already mentioned but I see TOF has been warning spurs that they will find the transition to their new ground a difficult one and to be prepared,what he really means is 'I pray to god that its a massive cluster fuck and their form dips for a few seasons otherwise im gonna be made to look a total crunt'!!! only a twat would listen to him,just like he said Leicester would struggle in the CL , Arsene knows :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Last edited by Retro Gunner on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
markyp wrote:not sure if this has been already mentioned but I see TOF has been warning spurs that they will find the transition to their new ground a difficult one and to be prepared,what he really means is 'I pray to god that its a massive cluster fuck and their form dips for a few seasons otherwise im gonna be made to look a total crunt'!!! only a twat would listen to him,just like he said Leicester would struggle in the CL , Arsene knows :barscarf:

This has been worrying me for a long time. Spus are a more ambitious club than us and from the late 90's until about 3 or 4 years ago, threw a lot of money at trying to break into the CL places and compete with us and others. Money spent, the efforts with foreign manages to emulate our success (back then !), all ended in failure and oh, how we laughed. However, they didn't give up and I used to say to people that one day, they'd get it right with a manager and coupled with their ambition, we'd be under threat as we sat their on our ever tarnishing laurels.

I fear that day has arrived. If they manage to keep Pochetino and he takes them into the new stadium, it could get very nasty for us, because I don't see them using the stadium move as a fake reason not to spend and compete. I see them spending like sailors and really competing. I'd love to be wrong, but I doubt I will be.

The other fear I have, is that they are building the club up to sell it. A competing team, bright young manager, new stadium in London and it's a very attractive prospect for an oligarch, plus a huge profit for Joe Lewis and Enic.

Who nows, Usmanov might sell up to Stan and then buy the scum.....can you imagine how he'd want to pay us back ?! How fucking scary is that
idea ??!! :shock: :(

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

:cussing:

sorry, making a mess here !

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Yeah Spurs could potentially overtake us quite quickly, the game has changed a lot financially since we moved and it will be a lot easier to pay off debt in this era, though I do wonder how much of this is being financed by Spurs very own 'oligarch' Joe Lewis any way?, does annoy me that this never gets mentioned, if it wasn't for him they would have gone the way of Leeds years ago, tax dodging c**t.

All that moving to the Emirates has done is ensured us a place amongst the top 6 or 7 in the PL in terms of potential, nothing more really, and without an ambitious owner then most likely in the 4th-7th bracket where we currently reside.

As you say Wenger is worried that if Spurs somehow stay a top 4 team at Wembley and then at the new WHL he will look a t*t, don't worry Arsene you already are one so no one will really notice.

I see Allegri has apparently signed a new 3-year deal with Juventus, all hope is gone... :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

sk-gtfo wrote:
I see Allegri has apparently signed a new 3-year deal with Juventus, all hope is gone... :banghead:
Ummm...could be just right to take over from AW after his new 2 yr stint.

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

Brought this across from the thread I shouldnt post in.
SteveO 35 wrote:
Steve_I wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
I get all of that......but tell me......have you participated in any "There's Only One Arsene Wenger" singalongs this season?
Only while I was singing in the shower. Tried one line in the pub pre Wembley but mate told me to "shut the fuck up and get to the bar"

:barscarf:
Good for you mate - I will see you on a Block 2 freebie one day soon to see if we can get it going once more

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Indeed 8) :D

I'm always there. Let me know. I'll still on to buy a crap beer at half time.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I have a real taste for Bourbon these days. I blame Wenger and Kroenke.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

WENGER YOU CUNNT.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Is the FA cup worth another 2+ years of Wenger?.

:rubchin:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Just 31 days left on his contract.

WHY CAN'T HE JUST FUCK OFF!?! :censored:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Wait for the AKBs to start blaming the light show, the ref, the linesmen, the dirty diving scum, the groundskeeper and the tea lady.

This can't go on but it will, i'm not sure he'll definitely be manager next season but i can see him still stinking the club out as director of football or some such :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

wenger's league record at the shithole = 4 league wins in 21 years.

no wonder they want him to stay :roll:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

There are going to be fans that chant 'Wenger out', and hold up banners for the next month, but will abandon everything for the cup final. With that sort of logic, they deserve Wenger.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I dread to think how bad we'll be by the time he's finished with us in 2 years time.