THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cameron326

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by cameron326 »

We'll probably finish 5th/6th this year and the same again next season. Wenger's "Magic" was supposedly about how he always kept us "competitive" pre and post Space Bowl move. Well, his actual legacy will probably be taking us from contesting a European Cup Final in 2005 to Premier League also rans in just over a decade.

Come 2019 We'll be roughly where we were when he took over from Bruce Rioch. Except Rioch handed on a mean, experienced defensive unit and Dennis Bergkamp. Whereas Wenger will hand on 30 year old Walcott, misfit Ozil, Ramsey, Giroud etc

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

cameron326 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 am
We'll probably finish 5th/6th this year and the same again next season. Wenger's "Magic" was supposedly about how he always kept us "competitive" pre and post Space Bowl move. Well, his actual legacy will probably be taking us from contesting a European Cup Final in 2005 to Premier League also rans in just over a decade.

Come 2019 We'll be roughly where we were when he took over from Bruce Rioch. Except Rioch handed on a mean, experienced defensive unit and Dennis Bergkamp. Whereas Wenger will hand on 30 year old Walcott, misfit Ozil, Ramsey, Giroud etc
Unrelated to just about anything but watching in a pub on Saturday, the camera suddenly panned in on a close up of him, and I thought with that haircut, his fringe flopping over.....grow a little toothbrush moustache my friend and you can become a dead ringer for another very, very famous German.

Just what the club needs.....Like we don't have enough problems :( :? :(

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Herd wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:16 am

No 4th place and a 150 million spend as they all walk out the door could be enough to tip the balance of Stans Toupe towards the negative as he wont want to spend that much on replacements .
Not really, Stan is only interested in low risk strategy unless there is a massive payoff, all that will happen is simply Wenger will buy cheap replacements and then sink the club down a little more to a level currently occupied by the likes of Southampton or Everton, which is probably about par for a team owned by Kroenke, mediocrity is his brand, we'll still make money as we'll have a lower wage bill and it is nigh on impossible unless you throw money around not to make a profit with the stupid TV money floating around the PL.

It's why I see it as being totally illogical to waste any of my money on watching this crap pan out, maybe I'll be wrong?, doubt it though, I called it right with Wenger in 2008 and I'm confident I've got it right (sadly) with Kroenke since 2007 when the c**t got involved, not saying I'm nostadamus or even that intelligent just I have a knack for spotting c**ts. :twisted:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

His reaction to the Stoke game......

“Let’s not go overboard. We lost one game"

he never disappoints.... :D :D :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Because every loss is taken in isolation...go two games without losing and it's an "unbeaten run"

Master manipulator, liar, bullshitter........

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Because every loss is taken in isolation...go two games without losing and it's an "unbeaten run"

And that is one of many, many reasons why I despise Wenger. He tries to paint every crap defeat as a "One off" when everybody else can see that it is part of a long term failure by him.

How the media don't pick him up on it is beyond me

Herts roofer

Post by Herts roofer »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Spot on fella. That sums it all up.
Heads down from here on in.

Just feck off now you total fraud *word censored*

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

another record...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... n-english/

funny how no other "elite" club looks at the Arsenal model and thinks this is the way to go :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 am
another record...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... n-english/

funny how no other "elite" club looks at the Arsenal model and thinks this is the way to go :roll:
Great, now he'll be going after that record.
Last edited by xisstential on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Everything Wenger does at Arsenal is self serving, his needs come first, everything else comes second.

Does he believe he can win the PL again?

Does he, because if he doesn't he should step down. If he does, why does he not have a real tilt at it. Buy the players that EVERYONE knows we need, get shot of all the ones we don't...be ruthless, so what if you were mistaken when you bought them...people make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the ends of pencils, NOBODY cares about past failures if you learn from them and move successfuly forward.Get a team together, people who will help you, give you sound advice, point things out that need addressing. ALL smart leaders do that, they surround themselves with very, very clever people. Not him though, he stands alone and aloof, in his mind, this football colossus who will not be told, there is nobody as wise as him , nobody worthy, so he cannot, will not, be advised.... The Alexandra the Great of the footballing world.... no worlds left to conquer.

But in reality...a deluded, narcissistic, arrogant failure.

God I wish he would just go.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yo! Wenger you lying fraud of a despot FUCKOFF Now you DISEASEDCUNTSLOP :evil:

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Face it, we are a minority. The majority of our fanbase are happy with this *word censored* dragging us into mid table obscurity. We are a loser club, with apthetic, spineless loser fans, spineless loser players and a loser manager. They all deserve each other.
Grew up in Stoke Newington but I can no longer follow my local club as I HATE EVERYTHING about it. I'm now just a casual football fan that has logged out of being die hard Arsenal and would rather watch the likes of Real Madrid. I suggest everyone else does the same, you're only going to be making yourself miserable and angry following this lot for the next decade!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Well fcuk me John Cross saying things we've known for years, ok lets get a book running, how long until he flip-flops again:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-11033109

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Riotof91 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:28 pm
Face it, we are a minority. The majority of our fanbase are happy with this *word censored* dragging us into mid table obscurity. We are a loser club, with apthetic, spineless loser fans, spineless loser players and a loser manager. They all deserve each other.
Grew up in Stoke Newington but I can no longer follow my local club as I HATE EVERYTHING about it. I'm now just a casual football fan that has logged out of being die hard Arsenal and would rather watch the likes of Real Madrid. I suggest everyone else does the same, you're only going to be making yourself miserable and angry following this lot for the next decade!
The Loser mentality of the fans, is one of the main reasons that Wenger is still here. Although I was a big supporter of the protests, how many out of the 60k attending the home matches, actually protested. How many fans then abandoned their protest for the FA cup semi-final against City, which showed the cup to be more important than getting Wenger out. Try going to a home match, and showing a bit of passion, and the crowd will stare at you, like your interrupting an opera. Most of our fan-base don't care about what happens at the club, once they have a place to go every weekend. These types of people are perfect for the likes of Stan and Wenger to exploit.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:04 pm
Well fcuk me John Cross saying things we've known for years, ok lets get a book running, how long until he flip-flops again:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-11033109
It'll only take a win against anyone and he will once more be on his knees giving Le Fraud a gobblejob. CEEEEUNNNTT.