THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:12 pm
Does anyone think Wenger ever takes this approach to his half-time team talks:

phpBB [video]
Yes that's what we want, a fucking useless bluffer like Warnock, a fully paid up member of the shit managers' merry-go-round. Let's go the whole hog and get Fat Sam AllThePies in! :roll: :lol: Wenger is past his time by a decade but I'd still take him every fucking day for the next 20 years ahead of utter shit like Warnock. :roll:

Get fucking sensible you ginger dwarf daywalker. :banghead: :box: :censored:

If you didn't like Van Halen so much I'd fucking ban you! :D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]
Yes that's what we want, a fucking useless bluffer like Warnock, a fully paid up member of the shit managers' merry-go-round. Let's go the whole hog and get Fat Sam AllThePies in! :roll: :lol: Wenger is past his time by a decade but I'd still take him every fucking day for the next 20 years ahead of utter shit like Warnock. :roll:

:high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]

It was meant as an ironic joke ya ultra-midgetised ooompahh Lumpah with a bad haircut - Yes, Fwank told me about it - also I am NO Gingertop yer blindas a bat malcontent...but feel free and ban me...I mean at least I wouldn't have to endure the endless puerile attempts at trying to be funny (as if) posts from allGayzablazin nor the limpwristed attemepts (and we are talking walcott hand clap style limp wristed) attempts by the 2 GayBo's allgayzablazin and Flash trying to Groom one another, whilst attempting to out comment one another. :roll:

As for Van Halen you deserve 50 lashes of the Cat O nine Tails for daring to mention their Holy Name in the same post as the term "Warnock" yer short-legged, stumpy, door stop.

:lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]

:high5:
You ARE Feckin' Joking Flashy - that high5 emoticon is far too manly for you and/or yer boyfriend allgayzablazin.

:box: :D :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]

It was meant as an ironic joke ya ultra-midgetised ooompahh Lumpah with a bad haircut - Yes, Fwank told me about it - also I am NO Gingertop yer blindas a bat malcontent...but feel free and ban me...I mean at least I wouldn't have to endure the endless puerile attempts at trying to be funny (as if) posts from allGayzablazin nor the limpwristed attemepts (and we are talking walcott hand clap style limp wristed) attempts by the 2 GayBo's allgayzablazin and Flash trying to Groom one another, whilst attempting to out comment one another. :roll:

As for Van Halen you deserve 50 lashes of the Cat O nine Tails for daring to mention their Holy Name in the same post as the term "Warnock" yer short-legged, stumpy, door stop.

Apology accepted. :lol: :wink:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I see City winning the title for the next few seasons until Pep gets bored and needs a new challenge. By that time they will have amased an even bigger squad of players and will easily be able to field 2 teams. We are top 4 to 6 for a while now but United and Mourinho will hurt the most after drastic spending still does not deliver the Prem League.
At least attacking skill will beat the negative approach of Mourinho. Nothing we can do about it. Endless pots of cash tend to help you win trophies
Even with a new manager we can't compete with the top 3 financially

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:32 pm
I see City winning the title for the next few seasons until Pep gets bored and needs a new challenge. By that time they will have amased an even bigger squad of players and will easily be able to field 2 teams. We are top 4 to 6 for a while now but United and Mourinho will hurt the most after drastic spending still does not deliver the Prem League.
At least attacking skill will beat the negative approach of Mourinho. Nothing we can do about it. Endless pots of cash tend to help you win trophies
I agree with most of that SGG. But the bit I've highlighted in red I don't agree with, if by "competing with" you mean winning the PL? I think Ranieri proved if you pragmatically set up a team to play to the players' strengths you can have some success. We might not be able to bid for the superstar category players against Citeh etc but a top manager can build a successful side without just throwing billions at it. A top manager with a plan and an ability to motivate players can win trophies despite the pimped clubs trying to buy those trophies.

markyp

Post by markyp »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:54 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
I agree with most of that SGG. But the bit I've highlighted in red I don't agree with, if by "competing with" you mean winning the PL? I think Ranieri proved if you pragmatically set up a team to play to the players' strengths you can have some success. We might not be able to bid for the superstar category players against Citeh etc but a top manager can build a successful side without just throwing billions at it. A top manager with a plan and an ability to motivate players can win trophies despite the pimped clubs trying to buy those trophies.
totally agree here,we have more than enough money to compete as long as we have a suitable manager in place,you don't have to be spending 90m on the paul pogbas of this world to lift a title just a decent amount of cash which we have

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]

Apology accepted. :lol: :wink:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

markyp wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:
totally agree here,we have more than enough money to compete as long as we have a suitable manager [AND Owner] in place,you don't have to be spending 90m on the paul pogbas of this world to lift a title just a decent amount of cash which we have
Even with wenker gone - the new manager would have to operate within the constraints that would be laid down by wiggycunt and his cuntbolloxofason. :? :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:
totally agree here,we have more than enough money to compete as long as we have a suitable manager in place,you don't have to be spending 90m on the paul pogbas of this world to lift a title just a decent amount of cash which we have
Exactly. And then we gotta look at the amount of money that would be freed up in wages by a new pragmatic manager coming in and offloading the underperforming rubbish like Walcott that are being paid £140K a week and should have been released 5 years or more ago.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

OneBardGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]
When Warnock was manager at Crystal Palace, my sister would meet him regularly when he walked his dogs near their training ground (she's a registered dog walker). She used to tell me that he was a really nice bloke which I found utterly impossible to believe as he comes across as a complete arsehole.

I kept asking her to ask him if he knew that his nickname was COLIN WANKER but she wouldn't :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

phpBB [video]
When Warnock was manager at Crystal Palace, my sister would meet him regularly when he walked his dogs near their training ground (she's a registered dog walker). She used to tell me that he was a really nice bloke which I found utterly impossible to believe as he comes across as a complete arsehole.

I kept asking her to ask him if he knew that his nickname was COLIN WANKER but she wouldn't :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

COLIN WANKER = The best anagram of all time

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:09 pm
COLIN WANKER = The best anagram of all time
Axl Rose may be inclined to disagree my friend ( and he has it licked in my book )