THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

The cunnt needs to be Sectioned.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Losing 2-1 to a small Swedish side tonight; this is what we bulldozed Highbury for :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

say it quietly, but i think he's starting to prove the doubters wrong :shock:

:wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The players are just showing the same level of disinterest and disdain towards the EL as the fucking idiot in charge does.

Every time Wenger is asked about us getting back into the CL via wining the Europa League he visibly bristles and says that getting back there by finishing in the top 4 is the main priority.

I can guarantee you now that if you were to give him the choice of CL qualification via top 4 finish or by lifting actual silverware in Europe he’d pick top 4. Every day of the fucking week :roll:

And while we’re talking of guarantees, another thing I can 100% guarantee is that if by some absolute miracle we were to win the EL he would still say that qualifying for The Be All And End All 20 years in a row is still the bigger achievement than actually winning the Europa.

So is it any fucking wonder with a mindset like that we are such an absolute shit show? Remember the time he said he’d sign up for finishing second in the league for the next 20 years?

Fucking losers the lot of em :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just as Sean rightly said 'We Bulldozed Highbury for this shyte" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

I was watching "The Debate" on Sky Sports with Champagne Charlie and also Sol Campbell.

Interesting from Sol saying as with the famous back four, during his time, there were big strong characters in defence and if there was a problem they would sort it out themselves. He basically said we don't buy that sort of player anymore and also questioned whether that sort of player even exists anymore.

Think this is spot on and where our defensive problems lie, the defender need guidance and Wenger does have a clue about that side of the game and clearly is too stuborn to delegate to some who does.

Still can't forgive Sol for going AWOL at halftime during that West Ham game though.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

NickF wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 pm
I was watching "The Debate" on Sky Sports with Champagne Charlie and also Sol Campbell.

Interesting from Sol saying as with the famous back four, during his time, there were big strong characters in defence and if there was a problem they would sort it out themselves. He basically said we don't buy that sort of player anymore and also questioned whether that sort of player even exists anymore.

Think this is spot on and where our defensive problems lie, the defender need guidance and Wenger does have a clue about that side of the game and clearly is too stuborn to delegate to some who does.

Still can't forgive Sol for going AWOL at halftime during that West Ham game though.
I remember it too!
I was gobsmacked... :shock:

However mental issues were surfacing at the time, fact or fiction we will never know, but mental health is not to be taken lightly...

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'd agree with Sol on this matter of strong characters. I re watched the Keane and Vieira program and they both spoke of who influenced them.
There doesn't seem to be a Roy Keane type player, or a Martin Keown. The modern day footballer is sanitised and has every need catered for by agents. They also know they can get by without being too passionate still get massive wages and the manager will get the boot, not the players.
A great example of this is what the Chelsea players did to mourinho a couple of seasons back. It's was pogba is trying to do now. It's the same with the west brom 4. Pardew is gonna cop it for their actions. If it was 4 young reserve players, they would've got the sack, but because it was 4 senior players nothing happens.
Arsenal are probably the only team whereby the manager is untouchable, and any players causing unrest, or disrespect to the manager are out the door. Van Persie, Fabregas, Adebayor and Sanchez all "rebelled" against the manager or caused unrest amongst the squad and were gone.
The old my way or the take the highway routine.
There's no need for players to roar on the pitch and take matters in their own hands as there's cameras and microphones surrounding the pitch. They'd be banned and fined more often then playing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the c.u.n.t needs to be sectioned.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Remember guys - we are over-achieving and there wasn't anyone better in Europe that could emulate the magic of Wenger.

The sad bit was that Gazidis was correct on both accounts in that we are over-achieving on the comedy front and the magic of Wenger is just like 'next level is the next level' in that it is just a level down on the shite of last season.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I have to say, Wenger is brilliant!

Utterly brilliant. Seriously.

To make millions per year by doing absolutely nothing. It's pure brilliance.

To do it all with a straight face. To sit there and watch us, season after season, regress into the laughing stock we are with a straight face......genuine.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Judge him in May

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

flash gunner wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:33 pm
Judge him in May
I judged him in May 2008 but nobody listened...

:banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Our “form” in 2018 so far -

D L D L W W L W L W L L

Remember he did relegate Nancy and was on his way to doing the same with Monaco before they sacked him.

I think guiding us back from the championship would be his greatest ever achievement 8)

cam

Post by cam »

If we can't get an empty stadium, what might work is a stadium filled with Wenger Out signs. Maybe then he'll get the message?

wengerout.net