THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kvltman

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Kvltman »

The ticket pricing issue has been asked of a lot of Premier League managers I can see in the press conferences yesterday, Flores, Klopp, Pardew, Pulis to name a few, all gave brief answers from what I can see, and were very sympathetic to the fans plight. All except Wenger. All he had to do was give a brief answer and say he would love the core Arsenal fans to be able to attend for a sensible price. Instead, he goes on to make himself even more unlikeable than he already is in my eyes and I suspect quite a lot of others! To say that he cannot see a problem at our club regarding this is extremely insulting to the people who invest an enourmous amount of money to follow the club, the prices were too high to start with!

What makes it worse its that his justification will more than likely not even become a reality! The one outfield player we did sign in the past 2 windows can't even get on the bench, so what would the extra couple of million from the fans do anyway? Pay for his new contract extension? :roll:

What he said about Leicester might well be his undoing (or the start of it) if they do go on to win the league. I am sure his apologists will have excuses for that though.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Don't know if many of you listen to the excellent Tuesday club podcast, but Alan told a story of how he went to the Vieira appreciation dinner or something last week and Wenger wasn't there, wasn't mentioned. Not once.

Vieira went down a little in my estimations after that, obviously we don't know the story, but to not even acknowledge the man that plucked him from AC Milan and developed him as a player, made him captain, stuck by him when his own behaviour wasn't fitting of an Arsenal captain - till he very much became one, I thought was terrible.

Yes respect works both ways, but even if they have had a massive fall out, to not want him there was one thing - but to not even publicly acknowledge him and his influence on his great career? Madness.

I'm sure plenty on here will blame Wenger blah blah - but what you can't say about Wenger is that he isn't a decent and loyal man (far too loyal sometimes obviously!)- Vieira owes Wenger a lot, and as I said - he dropped a little in my estimations when I heard his name wasn't even mentioned - made a mockery of the whole thing really.
BDB's borderline homoerotic fantasising over Lord Fuckwit should just be laughably dismissed but I honestly can't let bullshit AKB myths like this, go. As someone else asked, what did Wenger teach Vieira? He "plucked" him from the obscurity of that tiny provincial club in Italy what's the name....Aaaah yes AC fuckin Milan, you know the 5-times European champs who'd actually spotted him long before at Cannes - you know, the club that Actually developed Vieira! And he "made him captain" eh? Yeah cos we know what a big deal captaincy is to your Lord and Leader eh? What's that quote of his again I forget...Aaaah yes "captaincy is overplayed". Except it's a huge deal when one of his comical disciples tried to use it in his favour! :lol: And let's ignore he only gave him the captaincy to beg him to stay, no let's ignore that Theo Wankpot was even captain a few weeks ago. Farce to use captaincy as a defence...:roll:
Your whole line of "reasoning" is about as comprehensible as the study of turtle constipation. It's truly world-class turd, straight out of the bull's bumhole. Embarrassing.

What else had Lord Arsehole done? Tell me wee AKB...
Teach Bergkamp to play football?
Plucked World Cup winner Henry from the obscurity of tiny Juventus?
Revolutionised football in this country by telling Adams to stop necking Stella and drink water instead?
By telling Bouldy to lay off the pukka pies and eat more vegetables?
Built the Emirates with his own bare hands?

LOL. Pathetic that these kit still exist the AKBs. Expecting a "I'm no AKB I've criticised Arsene many times in the past bla bla" LOL
:coffeespit:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Turd-eating acolytes :coffeespit:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Wenger and Vierra clashed a lot when he was here ,it is little known but far from vierra threatening to leave wenger tried to sell him several times.
Vierra was highly critical of wengers style of play and pretty much ignored it on the field. they had massive arguments over training and team selection too. Its hardly surprising vierra says nothing about him . its also why wenger doesnt want alpha males at the club anymore which is why we have a bunch of wimps playing for us.

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

Eddie Howe's quote on ticket prices yesterday:

“On ticket prices, every football manager would say the same, we are not responsible for them but we would like all football fans to watch as many games as they can for the cheapest price possible.”

Take note Wenger. Sensible words. Howe did however make himself look less sensible when following up with his belief that Arsenal would win the league!

Sean

Post by Sean »

Herd wrote:Wenger and Vierra clashed a lot when he was here ,it is little known but far from vierra threatening to leave wenger tried to sell him several times.
Vierra was highly critical of wengers style of play and pretty much ignored it on the field. they had massive arguments over training and team selection too. Its hardly surprising vierra says nothing about him . its also why wenger doesnt want alpha males at the club anymore which is why we have a bunch of wimps playing for us.
Bergkamp also didn't get on with TOF. Perhaps he could see what a fraud he was even then.

It's so true about the lack of alpha males too :(
SouthCoastArsenal wrote:Eddie Howe's quote on ticket prices yesterday:

“On ticket prices, every football manager would say the same, we are not responsible for them but we would like all football fans to watch as many games as they can for the cheapest price possible.”

Take note Wenger. Sensible words. Howe did however make himself look less sensible when following up with his belief that Arsenal would win the league!
Howe is a class act who has taken Bournemouth through the leagues. I wish we could swap managers with them. TOF would get relegated faster than you could say 'Roberto Martinez' and we'd have a good young manager who would do tactics.

Fuck sake, I'd take Gary Neville over TOF :lol:

armchair

Post by armchair »

It really is smoke and mirrors, lies and bullshit with these Wenger supporters.
Anything, anything at all that will distract from Wenger.
FFP, referees, Man U money, Chelsea money, ManCity money, Kronke, Gazidis, media etc... I thought I'd heard it all when Highbury jd (remember him?) blamed the players for a defeat, wait for it..........before the game was even played! Oh yes the weather. Thats against us too ffs.

Now that every one of their lies, excuses, apologies have been shown up as total bullshit they' ve resorted to distract and deflect attention by moanibg about how "loyal and decent" he is and how Paddy has disrespected him.
Pathetic

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Don't know if many of you listen to the excellent Tuesday club podcast, but Alan told a story of how he went to the Vieira appreciation dinner or something last week and Wenger wasn't there, wasn't mentioned. Not once.

Vieira went down a little in my estimations after that, obviously we don't know the story, but to not even acknowledge the man that plucked him from AC Milan and developed him as a player, made him captain, stuck by him when his own behaviour wasn't fitting of an Arsenal captain - till he very much became one, I thought was terrible.

Yes respect works both ways, but even if they have had a massive fall out, to not want him there was one thing - but to not even publicly acknowledge him and his influence on his great career? Madness.

I'm sure plenty on here will blame Wenger blah blah - but what you can't say about Wenger is that he isn't a decent and loyal man (far too loyal sometimes obviously!)- Vieira owes Wenger a lot, and as I said - he dropped a little in my estimations when I heard his name wasn't even mentioned - made a mockery of the whole thing really.
BDB's borderline homoerotic fantasising over Lord Fuckwit should just be laughably dismissed but I honestly can't let bullshit AKB myths like this, go. As someone else asked, what did Wenger teach Vieira? He "plucked" him from the obscurity of that tiny provincial club in Italy what's the name....Aaaah yes AC fuckin Milan, you know the 5-times European champs who'd actually spotted him long before at Cannes - you know, the club that Actually developed Vieira! And he "made him captain" eh? Yeah cos we know what a big deal captaincy is to your Lord and Leader eh? What's that quote of his again I forget...Aaaah yes "captaincy is overplayed". Except it's a huge deal when one of his comical disciples tried to use it in his favour! :lol: And let's ignore he only gave him the captaincy to beg him to stay, no let's ignore that Theo Wankpot was even captain a few weeks ago. Farce to use captaincy as a defence...:roll:
Your whole line of "reasoning" is about as comprehensible as the study of turtle constipation. It's truly world-class turd, straight out of the bull's bumhole. Embarrassing.

What else had Lord Arsehole done? Tell me wee AKB...
Teach Bergkamp to play football?
Plucked World Cup winner Henry from the obscurity of tiny Juventus?
Revolutionised football in this country by telling Adams to stop necking Stella and drink water instead?
By telling Bouldy to lay off the pukka pies and eat more vegetables?
Built the Emirates with his own bare hands?

LOL. Pathetic that these kit still exist the AKBs. Expecting a "I'm no AKB I've criticised Arsene many times in the past bla bla" LOL
:coffeespit:
Here he is!
To be honest, I wasn't going to bite as I know that's what makes your shaft grow, but hey why not, you comments are actually pretty funny for you there.

The thing is, me and you would probably agree on a lot of things about Arsene, Arsenal and football in general. Post match (I go home and away) it is me who said Wengers time was up ages ago, I wanted him gone after winning the cup against Hull, although I'd admit there was enough Promise in the squad after the villa final to give him one last crack at it. I'm, like many, fed up with the same old things year in, year out when it's plain for all to see what we need or needed to win the title, th frustrations enhanced by the fact I think most true Arsenal fans would agree we are not that far away, just short in key positions that kill us year in year out.

Wenger should go at the end of the season - 100% - I hope, it's with the title because I am thankful for everything he has done for the club I love....am I confident of that? Eeeeeek.

The thing is, I have the ability to be critical of him without losing sight of what he has done - he will never be a "can't" in my eyes, ever. He is doing the job to the best of HIS ability, it is our right as fans to decide if his ability is good enough and I would never criticise anyone for saying it isn't now - I'd agree with them most likely!

The Vieira thing I stand by, are you telling me Wenger had no influence on his career? We dot know the inside story, maybe Wenger fucked his wife, I don't know., but I think it's sad not to acknowledge someone who has done right by you - in ANY walk of life. Just a shame their relationship is like that really, but it doesn't keep me awake at night!

Arsenal used to be my only focus, honestly I was terrible, some would say I still am but as you get older things change. My first game was in 1992 so I'm lucky, we haven't ever really been shit for any long period of time - lots of great players, memories, games - why we love football, and our club. Wenger has layer a huge role in that - I've seen some f the greatest players ever to play the game in r OUR shirt - I've seen Messi walk off our pitch a loser - it's one moment, but life is a bastard at times and football has been my escape. But it is just that - an escape. Is it really worth getting so aggressive on a keyboard for? Put those soggy tissues down, go and meet people, it's a game of opinions and the people you like to try and feel superior too with your blistered knuckles on the keypad probably are not much different to you at all.

My focus now changes as our first child is due in June, Arsenal is still my love - but football isn't the game it was - that's not Arsenals and certainly,not Wengers fault, it is what it is - globally almost. Yeah I'll look forward to taking my kid to his first game, but I'm sad he won't have the memories I have had because he will most likely be priced out if nothing changes. He will never see Highbury, my Grand dads last game was the Leicester game, Christ knows how many years he had been going - he said then Wenger was a genius - and he was right. But that was then, this is now eh?

As much as I would love my Wenger blow up doll back, I wore the cock out of it in 2008 - ironic eh? Seriously man, chill out - have a beer, have a *****, and realise it's just a game and we are all arsenal fans, and just so you are loud and clear - I want Wenger gone, I wanted Klopp and I'm gutted he has gone there.

I'll let you tear this apart and have a go, hopefully you've got a good stiffy after this response. I'm out to talk to some real people, have a beer and a laugh and be back on here t enjoy the banter sometime in the future.

Has kalou signed yet?

armchair

Post by armchair »

BDB, dont you see how posting how "decent and loyal" Wenger is immediately after he sets a new low by his disgraceful comments about Arsenals disgusting ticket prices might be viewed as some as an attempt at distraction? Maybe piss off some?

Especially as his past behaviour shows hes far from it, rather a lying, arrogant toerag.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wow, I never thought anyone connected with the club would ever again treat the fans with such blatant disgust and disdain as that fucking dickhead parasite Peter Hill-Wood used to but in Lord A. Hole we may have a winner. Us fans are just a piece of shit that he's had the misfortune to step in. He puts up with us but if we dare question any of his decisions he will spew his bile in our direction and make us out to be an ignorant irreverence. SCUM.

Blade

Post by Blade »

And recall PV4 screwed up Arsenal's wage nego with Ashley Cole.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

It shouldn't but it still amazes me how anyone has an ounce of respect left for this wanker. Let's be clear, yesterday showed exactly why he is the boards wet dream. Rather than giving a routine answer, he goes out of his way to defend the board and insults the peasants for complaining that they can't afford the extortionate ticket prices we pay. He resembles a right wing loony from the states, who thinks if something doesn't affect him then why should he care if it affects anyone else. There will be some lobotomy loving fans who will still see him as a hero, but it should end the embarrassing comments that some anti Wenger posters make about still respecting him(despite wanting him to leave) :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

BFG4 wrote:It shouldn't but it still amazes me how anyone has an ounce of respect left for this wanker. Let's be clear, yesterday showed exactly why he is the boards wet dream. Rather than giving a routine answer, he goes out of his way to defend the board and insults the peasants for complaining that they can't afford the extortionate ticket prices we pay. He resembles a right wing loony from the states, who thinks if something doesn't affect him then why should he care if it affects anyone else. There will be some lobotomy loving fans who will still see him as a hero, but it should end the embarrassing comments that some anti Wenger posters make about still respecting him(despite wanting him to leave) :banghead:
It wont though will it BFG?

Lets be honest here, many of the AKBs follow their lord and master to the bitter end and will not ever have anything said against him, he could take a sh*t in their laps and they'd still thank him and defend him for it :banghead:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

"It is very dangerous to take a high price for the tickets because the support of the fans maybe can be less [in future] because they have some many games and it is always full.

"That is a very important thing for the clubs, to have a normal price so the fans continue coming to the stadium."

Manuel Pellegrini, in his presser yesterday. Remember this is a man losing his job in the summer. And yet he talks with such class to the Citeh fans, even though it'd be easy to just say whatever he wanted. That's class to me.

And it just puts Lord A Hole in an even more cretinous light.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-10884878

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ironic how the club's motto has always been

"Victory Through Harmony" - If ever there was dis-harmony between Gooners and the club (especially the manager & Owner) it is Now....Even though they (wenker & co) do all they can to pretend it doesn't exist - using all their friends in the media (john cwoss et al) ... to make out all is hunky dory...

Maybe they will decide to change the motto - You know the usual - (pretend to) Consult the fans - then go ahead with their decision and plans regardless - Just like they did with the Badge - They wanted to ensure copyright on the (new) image - Just like they tried and are still trying to obtain copyright and ownership of the term "Gooner" - so they turn the cannon to face the other way...Why? It means the process to ownership of that image was more or less straight forward - which is why they changed it - I remember reading somewhere about the (hidden) political aspect of the way the Cannon used to face/point and the way it does now ???

So they will most likely change the motto to something like

"Let them eat cake".... which is their attitude towards Arsenal fans - Those regular people/fans who have loved Arsenal far longer than the senile *word censored* has been in football and will be there long after the cut has fucked off....

He showed his true colours yesterday when he gave his opinion about ticket prices - he is so out of touch - how can we even refer to him as the manager or coach of our club anymore - he is more like the Head Accountant - with his grim reaper hands on the purse strings - If there was any doubts about his loyalties before - yesterday the mask slipped and we ( and the rest of the world) saw him for what he truly is a Millionaire Despot who only cares about one thing - Staying in the job and doing everything and anything to keep his boss happy...Even if that means shyting over all of us....KERRRCHHIIIINNNGGGGG!

Wenger the Fraud
Wenger the Despot
Wenger the Head Accuntant of what is now Arsenal the business money making machine NOT a Football club.

:cry: :banghead: :cussing: