THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:Lads best of luck with the protest and if it were possible I'd be there with you but I just can't help feeling that it's going to be another poor turnout or the Akbs will have something organised to counter it.

I was full of hope last week but it's painfully obvious he's signing that contract
Pointless and pathetic is what it is, hope anyone that goes enjoys wasting time and effort as that is all they are doing. Hope it's pissing down :barscarf:
Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:Lads best of luck with the protest and if it were possible I'd be there with you but I just can't help feeling that it's going to be another poor turnout or the Akbs will have something organised to counter it.

I was full of hope last week but it's painfully obvious he's signing that contract
Pointless and pathetic is what it is, hope anyone that goes enjoys wasting time and effort as that is all they are doing. Hope it's pissing down :barscarf:
Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.
It will achieve nothing, whether a change is required or not, so in that sense it is pointless and pathetic

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I tell you what is Pointless and Pathetic - qualifying for the Champions League every season.

Pointless because we are incapable of winning it.

Pathetic because of our performance every February / March.

And that's because we have a culture of arrogance and complacency throughout our Club. Some of us see that as worth protesting against rather than being keyboard warriors.

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »

rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.
It will achieve nothing, whether a change is required or not, so in that sense it is pointless and pathetic

Good job the suffragettes and anc didn't think like this

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:I tell you what is Pointless and Pathetic - qualifying for the Champions League every season.

And that's because we have a culture of arrogance and complacency throughout our Club. Some of us see that as worth protesting against rather than being keyboard warriors.
Bit of an oxymoron there, so it's pointless qualifying because we can't win it, then enlighten me on how we win it without qualifying in the first place?

:banghead:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.

I'm not sure if you ever heard of Lord Haw-Haw, but he was a propaganda agent of the Nazis who broadcast messages via radio with the sole aim of trying to demoralise the folks at home. "You are surrounded...." "Resistance is futile....". Now if you were on our side (as DB10 can vouch!) I would be more upset with your attempt to pour cold water on what we're trying to organise..... but as you're an unashamed supporter of Wenger I'm sure you'll forgive us if we take your views on the likely impact of any such action with the proverbial pinch of salt.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Pete on the beach wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.

Good job the suffragettes and anc didn't think like this
Hahahahaha that is a fucking belter, comparing the Wenger out brigade with the suffragettes/ANC!

This is bloody brilliant craic if nothing else

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rjw1985 wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:I tell you what is Pointless and Pathetic - qualifying for the Champions League every season.

Bit of an oxymoron there, so it's pointless qualifying because we can't win it, then enlighten me on how we win it without qualifying in the first place?

Hahahahaha!

Are you ok? How many years have we been knocked out in the second round now? Twenty years in this comp and one final and one semi to show for it. But yes I know what you because we are so so close to wing it out.

Ffs look at the shite managers that have won the CL and it shows how useless Wenger has become

Clash

Post by Clash »

You know when you're relaxing outside but there is a wasp buzzing around ?

It has as much right to be there as you of course ... but it only seems to be there to irritate people.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

rjw1985 wrote:

How can we win it?? Get rid of Wenger and get a new manager (Ancellotti / Guardiola / Mourinho / Simeone) that is capable of assembling a squad that doesn't collapse like wet cardboard every February / March.

And that's why I and several others will be protesting in the rain on 7th March.

Maybe you can stop being a keyboard warrior for a few hours and come out on 7th March - see which protest group is the biggest. I'll even lend you my umbrella

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.
All relative really.

Do you know what is more pathetic though.

A large group of adults wearing freshly printed white boy band T-shirts with big Wenger love hearts marching through the streets, screeching like banshees professing their love for said individual.

Even more pathetic is the manner that they were being politically manipulated with the anti Usmanov banner.

Pointless to boot. He could really do with that at the minute.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.
All relative really.

A large group of adults wearing freshly printed white boy band T-shirts with big Wenger love hearts marching through the streets, screeching like banshees professing their love for said individual.

Even more pathetic is the manner that they were being politically manipulated with the anti Usmanov banner.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"A large group of adults wearing freshly printed white boy band T-shirts with big Wenger love hearts marching through the streets, screeching like banshees professing their love for said individual."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck me, that will get me through the day, mate! Brilliant description. :lol: 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Hardly pointless mate.

Change is needed.
Regardless of whether it will have any impact - are you saying that 'change' is not needed. If so why? And if you think or believe 'change' is needed, what kind of change?

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.
All relative really.

I agree, it's as pathetic as said protest on the 7th. The only shirt I'll be wearing on my way to the stadium is this season's home top

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Hardly pointless mate.

Change is needed.
Regardless of whether it will have any impact - are you saying that 'change' is not needed. If so why? And if you think or believe 'change' is needed, what kind of change?
I believe we do need change, a change in attitude from the so called fans of the club who 'hate' the greatest manager we have ever had would definitely be a good start.