THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arseofacrow

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by arseofacrow »

I say fair play to the protesters. Protests rarely make a difference but they are an outlet for frustration and anger. Therein lies their value.

:barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

rjw1985 wrote:
I believe we do need change, a change in attitude from the so called fans of the club who 'hate' the greatest manager we have ever had would definitely be a good start.
Oh a bit of an oxymoron there.

He cannot be the greatest if people have grown to hate him.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rjw1985 wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
Pointless and pathetic is what it is, hope anyone that goes enjoys wasting time and effort as that is all they are doing. Hope it's pissing down :barscarf:
Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.
It will achieve nothing, whether a change is required or not, so in that sense it is pointless and pathetic

Good job the suffragettes and anc didn't think like this
Hahahahaha that is a fucking belter, comparing the Wenger out brigade with the suffragettes/ANC!

This is bloody brilliant craic if nothing else

yeah rather strange comparison to be fair :D

But RJW do you not agree with the frustration of annual hammerings in the last 16 stage...the fact that we lost again 5-1 would seem to suggest no lessons are being learnt and no improvement is being made

These lot on here are all true Arsenal fans like me and they have a right to protest as they want change...can you say you are happy to just go through this groundhog scenario every year?

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Clash wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
I believe we do need change, a change in attitude from the so called fans of the club who 'hate' the greatest manager we have ever had would definitely be a good start.

You've clearly misunderstood the word oxymoron. Some idiots may well have grown to hate him, this takes nothing away from his greatness

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Redarmy wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Hardly piontless mate.

Change is needed.
It will achieve nothing, whether a change is required or not, so in that sense it is pointless and pathetic

Hahahahaha that is a fucking belter, comparing the Wenger out brigade with the suffragettes/ANC!

But RJW do you not agree with the frustration of annual hammerings in the last 16 stage...the fact that we lost again 5-1 would seem to suggest no lessons are being learnt and no improvement is being made

These lot on here are all true Arsenal fans like me and they have a right to protest as they want change...can you say you are happy to just go through this groundhog scenario every year?
Not at all satisfied with not winning anything, I want us to win just as mush as you guys do.

I'm just not sure vilifying our manager to the point that he walks away is the way to achieve that, crazy perspective I know :)

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

RJW

When I joined this forum I held many views that you do now and defended Wenger passionately. However last season was when the penny dropped and I realised the guys on this forum were right and always had been. I was the one who had been deluded and woke up to what was really happening at the club.

The truth will be made clear to you as well sooner or later

Clash

Post by Clash »

rjw1985 wrote:
Clash wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

You've clearly misunderstood the word oxymoron. Some idiots may well have grown to hate him, this takes nothing away from his greatness
Oxymoron is a figure of speech that juxtaposes elements that are contradictory. In this case, people who have grown to hate Wenger will not think he is our greatest manager. And so it is contradictory to say they hate their clubs greatest manager.

You are being selective if you do not acknowledge that there is another side to Wenger that opposes the great things he has done which take away from his overall greatness. There are reasons why people hate him and/or are desperate to see him leave.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rjw1985 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:

Not at all satisfied with not winning anything, I want us to win just as mush as you guys do.

I'm just not sure vilifying our manager to the point that he walks away is the way to achieve that, crazy perspective I know :)
If he left with dignity and put the club first think all the fans would get behind him TBF....that style of football under the invincibles is unlikely ever to be repeated....remember the way they just flooded forward ...Pires, Henry, Bergkamp it was magical....but really lost his way badly I'm afraid putting so much faith in players who are over paid and do not deliver....so many failings to catalogue would be boring to repeat

We really do need change....Wenger was revolutionary....now he's a dinosaur

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

CloakedGooner wrote:RJW

When I joined this forum I held many views that you do now and defended Wenger passionately. However last season was when the penny dropped and I realised the guys on this forum were right and always had been. I was the one who had been deluded and woke up to what was really happening at the club.

Some of us are made of sterner stuff though :)

In Arsene We Trust :barscarf:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

rjw1985 wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:RJW

Some of us are made of sterner stuff though :)

In Arsene We Trust :barscarf:
We shall see how long that lasts my friend :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rjw1985 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
Pointless and pathetic is what it is, hope anyone that goes enjoys wasting time and effort as that is all they are doing. Hope it's pissing down :barscarf:
Hardly pointless mate.

Change is needed.
Regardless of whether it will have any impact - are you saying that 'change' is not needed. If so why? And if you think or believe 'change' is needed, what kind of change?
You were warned before about calling into question the loyalty of the regulars on here. They are Gooners, Arsenal fans. Not fans of a particular manager - and as your profile says you are 31 years old, I would bet most have many years, if not decades, on you as loyal match-going Gooners.

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Hardly pointless mate.

Change is needed.
Regardless of whether it will have any impact - are you saying that 'change' is not needed. If so why? And if you think or believe 'change' is needed, what kind of change?
You were warned before about calling into question the loyalty of the regulars on here. They are Gooners, Arsenal fans. Not fans of a particular manager - and as your profile says you are 31 years old, I would bet most have many years, if not decades, on you as loyal match-going Gooners.
You were warned about bullying and singling me out, I wonder if I was agreeing with you would you mind what I said about other fans? Hmmmm I think not.

Others have continued to give me abuse without retaliation yet at the first sign of me biting back your playing this card.

Being older than me does not make their opinion more valid either

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rjw1985 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
You were warned about bullying and singling me out, I wonder if I was agreeing with you would you mind what I said about other fans? Hmmmm I think not.

Others have continued to give me abuse without retaliation yet at the first sign of me biting back your playing this card.

Look (to quote Arsene)

I'm not getting into this old horseshit again. Where anyone has been abusive they've been asked to stop. But to come onto an established Gooner forum and call into question whether the regulars are real supporters is WUM-like activity. Drop it now. Thanks.

If you feel a particular poster has abused you then you have the same recourse as any poster - PM a mod and we'll address it.

Lastly, I never said their opinion was more valid because they are older.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Hardly pointless mate.

Change is needed.
31 years ago was the start of the George Graham era, Charlie Nicholas, Rocky Rocastle...and TA5 first season i believe....was there for a lot of those games :D

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Look (to quote Arsene)

I'm not getting into this old horseshit again. Where anyone has been abusive they've been asked to stop. But to come onto an established Gooner forum and call into question whether the regulars are real supporters is WUM-like activity. Drop it now. Thanks.

If you feel a particular poster has abused you then you have the same recourse as any poster - PM a mod and we'll address it.

Lastly, I never said their opinion was more valid because they are older.
I would not have time to report them all, but that's what mods and admins are supposed to be there for, right? Fit you better than attacking me for having a differing point of view from you.