THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:14 pm
General wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:01 am
Interesting chat between Alan Smith and John Cross. I still have my suspicions about him but Cross actually came across quite well for once and confirmed he's no longer a flippflopper. Question is what do people see now that they didn't see 2 0r 3 years ago? What has changed for them?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTOgxBK-Sn4
That's the thing that annoys me too. This has been going on for fucking years and the press and his luvvies just ignored it or said we need to be careful what we wish for. The only thing I think that has changed now is that so many of them saw this but were under the impression he was going to go in May. When he didn't, it meant it was open season on him and there became the realisation that the man is an arrogant, selfish prick who deserves all the abuse he gets.
I concur again, I think plenty saw through him finally but out of a misplaced sense of "loyalty" and thinking wrongly, that he would himself see that he is a busted flush and walk away, which of course he didn't.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... newcomment

So Man.U wanted him did they??? FIFTEEN YEARS ago, they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole now...no club with ambition would.

He stayed at Arsenal because....wait for it....he believes in the "values of the club" I wish somebody, JUST ONCE, would ask him to expound on that, what are THOSE "values"???

I remember him saying that AFC share the same values as him...do you want to support a club that has Wenger's values...I don't.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:01 am
Interesting chat between Alan Smith and John Cross. I still have my suspicions about him but Cross actually came across quite well for once and confirmed he's no longer a flippflopper. Question is what do people see now that they didn't see 2 0r 3 years ago? What has changed for them?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hTOgxBK-Sn4
Nothing has changed I would say. We see this flip flopping almost every year from most reporters. If we get 3rd ( :shock: ) or 4th spot and/or win the FA Cup "Cwossy" will instantly flip right the fuck back over again. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho "feels sorry" for Arsenal fans and has "no idea" how Arsene Wenger is still manager at the club, according to TV host Piers Morgan. (Daily Mail)

I know it is just Maureen being his usual cunty self, but even so when one of the most unpleasant humans in football starts 'feeling sorry' for us Gooners...then something HAS to be Well Out of Order.

#wengercuntslopout

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:45 am
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho "feels sorry" for Arsenal fans and has "no idea" how Arsene Wenger is still manager at the club, according to TV host Piers Morgan. (Daily Mail)

I know it is just Maureen being his usual cunty self, but even so when one of the most unpleasant humans in football starts 'feeling sorry' for us Gooners...then something HAS to be Well Out of Order.

#wengercuntslopout
Fucks sake mate - there are three names there that should have stopped you reading that "article" and stopped you quoting it;

1. Mourinho
2. Piers Morgan
3. Daily Mail

:lol: :wink:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:29 am

So Man.U wanted him did they??? FIFTEEN YEARS ago, they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole now...no club with ambition would.

He stayed at Arsenal because....wait for it....he believes in the "values of the club" I wish somebody, JUST ONCE, would ask him to expound on that, what are THOSE "values"???

I remember him saying that AFC share the same values as him...do you want to support a club that has Wenger's values...I don't.
Hey - wouldn't that have been brilliant ?? Wenger to Man Utd in 2002 :lol:

He could've kept them bobbing along in 4th place for years and we could have laughed at Denilson, Gervinho, Chamakh & Diaby tearing up all before them.

What a horse shit story.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I was thinking about the worst thing that Wenger has done to Arsenal and that is to turn us into an irrelevance.

I reckon we only get the media coverage that we do due to the fact that we are basically just the circus act of the Premier League.
I believe that we only got the Friday night game against Leicester to kick off the Premier League because we are considered a good "warm up act" before the proper heavyweights stepped up over the weekend.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:29 am

He stayed because he would be judged on results anywhere else.....and wait for it......under pressure by his employers to perform????

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:45 am

#wengercuntslopout
Fucks sake mate - there are three names there that should have stopped you reading that "article" and stopped you quoting it;

1. Mourinho
2. Piers Morgan
3. Daily Mail

8) :wink:

There's a fourth :

Arsene Wenger.

8) :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

leave me alone I'm havin' One FUCKEDUP day...:suicide:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Palace SACKED Be Boer after 80 odd days,

Must be because he hasn't worked 30 years in football.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 am

Apparently they are lining up - wait for it, wait for it - Woy Hodgson! :barscarf: :dancingbanana: :fryingpan: :duh: :lol: :lol:

And so Palace hop right back on the Shit Managers Merry-Go-Round. Cue jobs over the next 2 - 3 years for;

Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson

:lol: :oops: :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:44 am
robbo10 wrote:

Apparently they are lining up - wait for it, wait for it - Woy Hodgson! :barscarf: :dancingbanana: :fryingpan: :duh: :lol: :lol:

And so Palace hop right back on the Shit Managers Merry-Go-Round. Cue jobs over the next 2 - 3 years for;

Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson

Ha ha ha.......Fuck me they only need John Gregory and Brian Little on that list to complete the "Shit Managwer's Merry-Go-Round" bingo!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:56 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson

Ha ha ha.......Fuck me they only need John Gregory and Brian Little on that list to complete the "Shit Managwer's Merry-Go-Round" bingo!!
:lol:

How the fuck did I forget them?! :shock: :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson

And they Have Southampton next, the 2 Manc clubs, then Chelsea....THIS, sounds like a job for........WOYperman!!

Absolutely scandalous that Palace pursued de Boer, hounded him almost, into taking the job. I watched that game yesterday, missed 2 absolute sitters, had 2 cleared off the line and had 22 attempts to Burnley's 4. If that wasn't enough the Palace LB laid Burnley's goal on a plate for them with a devilish through ball.

How does a manager legislate for that???

Actually I know a manager who can answer that, in fact he can answer questions relating to ANY club.