THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

silus wrote:If Usmanov is as ambitious, and as hungry for success as a lot of us think he is, Wenger won't last anywhere near 3 or 4 years. I reckon he'd be lucky to last a season, the first 8-2 or 5-1 and he'll be sacked...unless of course we've been wrong all this time, and he suddenly starts winning trophies under the new owner. :wink:

He won't tolerate failure....but all just talk...he WILL NOT take over the club as much as he wants to

Previous poster was saying Kronke loosing money on Arsenal, NO he is not its a tremendous investment, with prestige attached

Kronke will not sell to Usmanov...end off

Wenger will stay at least 1 year possibly 2, sorry guys to burst your bubble but that is the cold hard reality

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:Not only is the club’s owner, Stan Kroenke, adamant that he will not sell his stake to Alisher Usmanov, the second largest shareholder, but his support for Wenger, albeit in a modified structure, still appears utterly solid.

I needed to read no more
Exactly...so much crap and speculation on here, not sure why people don't look at the most logical outcome

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:
GTG wrote:To be honest this news has depressed me a bit..... The bid was made which shows Usmanov is serious about taking us over.... But wiggy turns it down.

I can't see Usmanov coming back with another bid which likely means he will fuck off somewhere else and we are stuck with the yank p.rick.

Not only that but it must be music to Wengers ears because it's taking the heat off him.

As rightly pointed out by armchair there are a host of managers that could operate under kronkes style of ownership and do a much better job than Wenger. That has been proven other clubs.
Kroenke wont hire managers of the calibre that are required, he is only interested in making a profit at the lowest possible financial risk to himself, that is reflected in our lack of success and lack of progress, we are not Man Utd who generate vast profits and can 'buy' success in spite of having the dreaded American owner, our profits are relatively small although will increase with the PL TV money (as will all clubs).

I cannot see us being successful under him, it is possible if we get the right man but I don't think Kroenke has the desire to go out and push for that at whatever cost like Usmanov might, if he has put up with Wenger for at least 3 years too long why would you expect him to suddenly go out and break the bank for Allegri or whoever?, we shouldn't even be talking about Wenger staying ffs, if our owner and board had any balls they would A. have got rid years ago or B. announced they would not be renewing his contract (if the c**t wouldn't say this himself).

Again too many people getting focused on Wenger when the bigger problem is Kroenke, Wenger out either way though..
Kronke NOT interested in success, already said NOT interested in winning trophies, He does not care

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

armchair wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Usmanov wouldn't bomb Wenger straight out, no way. He wouldn't have much patience with him though if he stuck around long enough to spunk away over 100m of his cash.
That's the thing though. We are on the verge right now under this board and majority shareholder of getting shot of Wenger imo.
Usmanov coming in before Wenger leaves could scupper that and could actually work towards him staying.
That's my fear

Interesting......Where did you get the opinion Wenger is on his way out????

Swiss Tony Adams

Re: WENGER NEEDS TO TAKE A LONG OZIL

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

WengerOut wrote:
During the 2016 summer ozils, months before Wenger spent £86million net (more than the £51million net of the EPL champions Chelsea) and before single ball of 2016-2017 premiership season was kicked. I confidently told everyone that come May 2017 Arsenal will finish 5th with no trophies aka win dilly squat/ sweet FA.
Prove it!

In fact, don't. Please don't.

EastupperA

Post by EastupperA »

Usmanov will buy Arsenal at some point, as it's the only thing left for him. Abromovich is his mate, they go back years and they are super competitive , just read about the Mega yacht situation which usmanov finally won last year....having bested Roman on that front he NEEDS Arsenal now and when in situ will do whatever it takes to beat Chelsea and make Arsenal a dominant force. It's won't be a business it will be global domination. I genuinely think he'll pay whatever needs to be paid, Kroenke is a business man and there tends to be price for everything particularly as they are driven be different agendas.

General

Post by General »

EastupperA wrote:Usmanov will buy Arsenal at some point, as it's the only thing left for him. Abromovich is his mate, they go back years and they are super competitive , just read about the Mega yacht situation which usmanov finally won last year....having bested Roman on that front he NEEDS Arsenal now and when in situ will do whatever it takes to beat Chelsea and make Arsenal a dominant force. It's won't be a business it will be global domination. I genuinely think he'll pay whatever needs to be paid, Kroenke is a business man and there tends to be price for everything particularly as they are driven be different agendas.

http://www.nexexchange.com/company-all- ... ypeid=PLPR

Our shares are still trading hands albeit in small amounts. Usmanov is offering £35,000 per share I think which is nearly double the current trade price. I'm not sure how much higher he could go. It's also been reported that we are going to save around £14m in player bonuses if we fail to make the CL. United have made around 35m from the Europa Cup. If you do the maths this will offset the £50m we stand to lose if we don't make the CL. The business is still strong so Stan will almost certainly retain Wenger and continue to use him as a shield until we start falling apart. Usmanov is fighting a losing battle unfortunately.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

EastupperA wrote:Usmanov will buy Arsenal at some point, as it's the only thing left for him. Abromovich is his mate, they go back years and they are super competitive , just read about the Mega yacht situation which usmanov finally won last year....having bested Roman on that front he NEEDS Arsenal now and when in situ will do whatever it takes to beat Chelsea and make Arsenal a dominant force. It's won't be a business it will be global domination. I genuinely think he'll pay whatever needs to be paid, Kroenke is a business man and there tends to be price for everything particularly as they are driven be different agendas.
Agree that if Usmanov did take over, Arsenal would be quickly established as one of the Worlds leading clubs, Titles and Champions league would be on the horizon for sure, with around £14.5 Billion the second richest man in England wants success.

Personally don't think Kronke will sell to Usmanov even at £2 Billion, he said not looking to sell wants it as a long term investment, why should he? does not exactly need the cash, no real pressure on him, hardly visits anyway......has said he wants a legacy portfolio for his sons.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

sk-gtfo wrote:
GTG wrote:To be honest this news has depressed me a bit..... The bid was made which shows Usmanov is serious about taking us over.... But wiggy turns it down.

I can't see Usmanov coming back with another bid which likely means he will fuck off somewhere else and we are stuck with the yank p.rick.

Not only that but it must be music to Wengers ears because it's taking the heat off him.

As rightly pointed out by armchair there are a host of managers that could operate under kronkes style of ownership and do a much better job than Wenger. That has been proven other clubs.
Kroenke wont hire managers of the calibre that are required, he is only interested in making a profit at the lowest possible financial risk to himself, that is reflected in our lack of success and lack of progress, we are not Man Utd who generate vast profits and can 'buy' success in spite of having the dreaded American owner, our profits are relatively small although will increase with the PL TV money (as will all clubs).

I cannot see us being successful under him, it is possible if we get the right man but I don't think Kroenke has the desire to go out and push for that at whatever cost like Usmanov might, if he has put up with Wenger for at least 3 years too long why would you expect him to suddenly go out and break the bank for Allegri or whoever?, we shouldn't even be talking about Wenger staying ffs, if our owner and board had any balls they would A. have got rid years ago or B. announced they would not be renewing his contract (if the c**t wouldn't say this himself).

Again too many people getting focused on Wenger when the bigger problem is Kroenke, Wenger out either way though..
Top post which gets to the heart of it. If there is a choice between Kronke retaining control with Wenger and in due course another manager expected to deliver no more than top 4 or Usmanov with Wenger for just as long as it takes to lose patience with him, it is a no brainer. Whatever supportive noises the Russian is making about 'continuity' now, he will not let the grass grow, believe me.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The Russian Wob's response to the takeover bid!!

it is a HUGE mistake

he IS real AKB

he does NOT give a shit on trophies - only on AW makes profits

he told this directly on russian tv

Usmanov now is the biggest danger

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

General wrote:

http://www.nexexchange.com/company-all- ... ypeid=PLPR

Our shares are still trading hands albeit in small amounts. Usmanov is offering £35,000 per share I think which is nearly double the current trade price. I'm not sure how much higher he could go. It's also been reported that we are going to save around £14m in player bonuses if we fail to make the CL. United have made around 35m from the Europa Cup. If you do the maths this will offset the £50m we stand to lose if we don't make the CL. The business is still strong so Stan will almost certainly retain Wenger and continue to use him as a shield until we start falling apart. Usmanov is fighting a losing battle unfortunately.
I'm not sure it's that much.

If he's offering $1.3 billion, that's a billion pounds sterling, as of today, for Kroenke's shares.

1000000000/41,537 = £24074 a share.

Still a lot of money, but only 40% above their "real" value, not double.

TBH, even if he gives double of what they're worth now, I don't think he'll sell.
The cash-cow Premier League doesn't look like it's weakening any time soon

And even if he does buy the shares today...for example...I think Wenger will keep his job for a couple of years.
There's no way Usmanov will come in, buy the Club, and put in his new team, with David Dein there, without Wenger

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Every year there is this expectation that Wenger will act. But inexcusable transfer windows are common. Selling Cesc and Nasri and literally making no effort to replace them util Man United thrashed us 8-2. The 2013 season, only Sanogo and Flamini in, and we had to wait for the 3-1 home humbling by Villa before rushing to sign Ozil.

So I literally can see Sanchez and Ozil being sold, and F all done to replace them. That gross negligence of non-effort & lack of conviction will not change with Wenger and Kroenke at the club. Of course Kroenk'e non-caring attitude is a problem. But clubs with bad owners have had good managers. The Glaziers are cut form the same cloth as Kroenke, but Ferguson's Man United teams were never so passive, nor did Fergie neglect shaping up his sqaud when need be.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The idea of a man like Usmanov taking over the club is thrilling, not just for the change in direction, but the idea of Wenger bricking it as he knows he will be held accountable is a wonderful thought.

I bet he sh.. himself when he heard 1b offer had been tabled.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Wilson wrote:The idea of a man like Usmanov taking over the club is thrilling, not just for the change in direction, but the idea of Wenger bricking it as he knows he will be held accountable is a wonderful thought.

I bet he sh.. himself when he heard 1b offer had been tabled.
Really.... From a russian..in Russia

he does NOT give a shit on trophies - only on AW makes profits

he told this directly on russian tv

armchair

Post by armchair »

Looking forward to meeting all those avid AKBs from this forum tomorrow.
All the Anti Kroenke Brigade (see what I did there? :D ) who for years have been shouting the loudest on here telling us it's Kroenke Out he's the problem. Or those who wouldn't join protests cause it was directed at Wenger not Kroenke.
Well now's your chance.......
You guys are going to the protest yea? Surely after all the talk now us your chance to protest with like-minded people. No?