THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm
postmanPat91 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 pm

The man is at death's door... never seen him look so worn and frail :|

Fuck his bank balance, I genuinely feel sorry for him.... he's destroying his legacy, has nothing else in his life, and is causing fans to hate the club and him without even realising it.... a miserable, lost old man :cry:

I'll judge him in May though 8)
He isn't looking all that healthy, to be honest. :?
He's fine. He's immortal. He bathes in the ruined dreams of young footballers that now ply their trade at places like Palace and Ipswich and Bolton.... :D
Bram Stoker's Wenger

:-P

Sean

Post by Sean »

My levels of hated and contempt for the man have skyrocketed since 2011 and have increased with every wasted year since. In retrospect the failed Project Youth years of 2008-11 were the time where he had 'earned some time' to rebuild the squad. Sadly, he used the Cashburton debt and the austerity lie to overpay a bunch of bang average kids and the rot set in. This tippy-tappy style of play is awful to watch and not effective. Now look at Guardiola successfully implementing a much better version of it at Citeh and running away with the league in his second season. To change from the Invincibles style of forward football and physical players was madness. Obviously, TOF thought he could 'win it better' by passing sideways and backwards with barely any penetration, or defensive training. Aesthetics over points; form over function. Over a decade of shite and he's still here clinging to power and the ludicrous wages that our pathetic board allow him to have and keep despite all reason.
Clash wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:47 am
I see Wenger when talking about our dreadful away form, repeated some bollocks he had come out with before about how playing home or away shouldn't make any difference.

While pitches are the same, the ball is the same and the rules are the same etc. for me this is just another proof that he doesnt understand the passion or emotion of football. Or the importance of the crowd. That time he substituted the Ox against Man United was a classic example of his lack of understanding of how a partisan crowd works in your favour. He killed the atmosphere in that game and we went on the lose.

Wenger seems to want to have a squad of automatons - a technical machine, programmed to perform a limited and repetitive range of functions according to a predetermined set of instructions. They're all the same and all do the same thing. No leadership, no balance, no character.

Cold, soulless and depressing. Just like the stadium he moved us to.
Great post, mate. It wouldn't surprise me if TOF was a tad autistic. I hate to think of him being still here when he's 90, but it wouldn't surprise me, unless our failing to win the VT or Europa this season finally forces The Syrup to cut the cord for losing out once again on reaching the Money League. We can only hope!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Ancelotti was at Wembley watching the derby. Make of that what you will.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:49 pm
postmanPat91 wrote:

Fuck his bank balance, I genuinely feel sorry for him.... he's destroying his legacy, has nothing else in his life, and is causing fans to hate the club and him without even realising it.... a miserable, lost old man :cry:

He isn't looking all that healthy, to be honest. :?
He's fine. He's immortal. He bathes in the ruined dreams of young footballers that now ply their trade at places like Palace and Ipswich and Bolton.... :D
Bram Stoker's Wenger

:-P
:lol:

That is so getting photoshopped this weekend!

:wink:

Blade

Post by Blade »

it's not even tippy/tappy.

it's 4 passes forward 1 pass back.Repeat.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger spoke about his contract situation:

I have always respected my contracts, I would like to remind you I said no to all the biggest clubs in the world to respect my contract so that’s always what I try to do.

After that, we have as well to accept in our job that the future is the future but for me, that’s to win the next game.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:45 pm
GTG wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 pm
postmanPat91 wrote:

Feel sorry for him? Not a chance.

This football club has been just as good to him and he has been to us if not more. We took a chance on him when nobody had even heard of him which paid off and produced the best football we are ever likely to see but hes more than had those days repaid to him in kind with endless money being trousered for minimal return.

He shouldn't have nothing more in his life than Arsenal....... football maybe but even if he walked today he would land some kind of job in football being reasonably paid. If not as a manager then certainly in an advisory role or french punditry loads of stuff he could do.

Other than his managerial failings that is the main reason I have lost all respect for him. He might have an ego but hes not stupid he knows he's over stayed his welcome with us. The only 2 reasons he continues to hold on is because of the money and the power.

There is no love for the club whatsoever its a love for what he has made the club. You still get people at games who tell me he deserves respect but sorry not for me. He deserves nothing.
I hate it when I hear statements like that. The club was here long before him, a highly successful club at that, and will be here long after him. He had been banished to the backwaters of Japan in what should have been the prime of his managerial career, at what should have been the height of his powers, when AFC rescued him

The club made him, he did NOT make the club....... in spite of what a lot of supporters under the age of 30 would have us believe.

The only thing he can now take credit for is embarrassing us on any given day, staying way past closing time, ruining young players careers, turning the fans against each other and driving away the old school Gooners in their droves. Any misery he might feel is self inflicted.
^^^THIS^^^ 1,000%

Fuckk him...let him disappear into mediocrity with his £140 Million bank balance. The sooner the better Fuckk Him. :evil: :banghead: :box: :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:06 pm

I have always respected my contracts, I would like to remind you I said no to all the biggest clubs in the world to respect my contract so that’s always what I try to do.

After that, we have as well to accept in our job that the future is the future but for me, that’s to win the next game.
His Arrogance is beyond all proprtion. #FUCKOFFwengercuntslop

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:23 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:06 pm

His Arrogance is beyond all proprtion. #FUCKOFFwengercuntslop
I wish someone had asked him what other offers he gets these days!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26680514

I heard this story yesterday and I just had to look it up and see if it was true...... A game of charades...we are stuck with this man because of a game of charades.

Interesting to see what Dein thought back then (4 years ago) what his legacy would be. Well Wenger's in the final months of putting a flamethrower to that...

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:57 pm

I heard this story yesterday and I just had to look it up and see if it was true...... A game of charades...we are stuck with this man because of a game of charades.

Interesting to see what Dein thought back then (4 years ago) what his legacy would be. Well Wenger's in the final months of putting a flamethrower to that...

I can see why he found the need to go banging some tart in paris ......... his ex wife is a bit of a dog aint she :puke:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:

The mistake wasn't appointing him... the mistake was not sacking him years ago. Appointing him was genius - 2 doubles and an unbeaten PL all while playing amazing football are the evidence of that. Giving him obscene power and not getting rid of him once the trophies dried up are where we as a club fucked up. If we'd sacked him in 2010 his legacy would be very different to what it ultimately will be now....

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 pm
xisstential wrote:

The mistake wasn't appointing him... the mistake was not sacking him years ago. Appointing him was genius - 2 doubles and an unbeaten PL all while playing amazing football are the evidence of that. Giving him obscene power and not getting rid of him once the trophies dried up are where we as a club fucked up. If we'd sacked him in 2010 his legacy would be very different to what it ultimately will be now....
Agreed mate.

We needed to be ruthless and get him out once it was clear he had taken us as far as he could. Wenger had done this himself to some great players (too soon in a few cases) to fast track his youth project so he could have had no complaints.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:

yes heard that one years ago....to be fair thought he was a genius when he started....now despise the fucker

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

every office or workplace you get these fucking crawlers......

Arsenal ace Alex Iwobi has not given up on Champions League top four race

ALEX IWOBI refuses to believe that the Europa League is Arsenal’s only chance of achieving Champions League football next season.

Well done Alex that should earn you some extra brownie points with that delude old pensioner....