THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
postmanPat91

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by postmanPat91 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:54 am
xisstential wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 am
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40566112

According to Wenger Sanchez hasn't told him he wants to leave. "Sanchez has a contract,we expect him to honour it" One of the most amoral managers in the PL has now taken a sanctimonious,high ground stance. Probably referring to his "I always see out my contract" bollocks. Yea but NOBODY wants you to, you fucking fraud.

So apparently Sanchez has spoken to EVERYBODY except Wenger.Are we really expected to believe that....with all the stories flying about why would Wenger not go ask him??? The man is fucking shameless.

Why don't the journos ask him the obvious follow up questions to put him on the spot and keep him there.

E.g. Ok Arsene, Sanchez hasn't told you he wants to leave, but he hasn't signed an extension, so he's obviously not too happy about being here and by definition, he's certainly telling you that he doesn't want to stay.

Why do you think he's refusing to sign an extension ?

In the absence of an extension being signed and your expectation that all players honour their contract, then you are clearly happy for him to walk away in 12 months time for free.....correct?

Why does the Club allow this final year of contract situation, to arise again and again ? Don't you think that it removes all power from the Club ?
Whatever he's asked he'll manage to spin it/shift the blame/answer with utter bollox and somehow everyone will still smile and nod :banghead:

Why do you think he's refusing to sign an extension? "You should ask him" :blah:

In the absence of an extension being signed and your expectation that all players honour their contract, then you are clearly happy for him to walk away in 12 months time for free.....correct? "I focus only on our next game" :blah:

Why does the Club allow this final year of contract situation, to arise again and again ? Don't you think that it removes all power from the Club ? "Why do you look at me?" :blah:

:banghead:

That said, I am happy with the transfer business so far 8)

Blade

Post by Blade »

Shouldn't they been 100% concentrating of getting ready for the Leicester game?

What rubbish they are up to launching Pink kits in Sydney Harbour,petting Koalas,etc?

Arsenal 3 Liverpool 4. "We were not ready" deju vu?

Herd

Post by Herd »

What rubbish they are up to launching Pink kits in Sydney Harbour,petting Koalas,etc?
Au contraire monsier .
Wenger is against long promotional tours because it exposes him to members of the oi poloi ,which he hates and doesn't give him time to prepare our delicate squad members for the coming season however it fills the coffers with money which after all is what the club is all about .
There are thousands of Arsenal heading to Sydney from all over Asia for this game not to mention a bunch from here many will plunge in and buy kit 3 !

It's all about the money,and an excuse ready made for losing is in the pocket !

Treble gins all round !

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 am
It's all true by the way. Be defeatist if you want but our defence is tons better with 3 at the back and Sanchez will not be sold to City. Wenger does not need to concentrate on money he has to improve the team or face another season of boos and fans going nuts. If I'm wrong then it's another shite season so I'm hoping I'm right
Those matches when we played three at the back were only after we were out the title race and mainly against teams that had nothing to play for. Let's see how it works when the pressure is on before we get excited.

As far as shite season go , we've had 13 shite season so far and Wenger is still here so another one won't make much difference to our deluded fan base.

Yes, we've brought in a couple of decent players but the manager and coaches remain the same (apart from Jens - another Wenger yes man) so it is difficult to see how next season will be any different from the previous 13.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Blade wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:06 pm
Shouldn't they been 100% concentrating of getting ready for the Leicester game?

Leicester City ??
That's a minor match these days for Arsenal PLC.

Much more important are the brand awareness matches in Australia, competing for the Emirates Cup and trying to regain the Community Shield!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
It's all true by the way. Be defeatist if you want but our defence is tons better with 3 at the back and Sanchez will not be sold to City. Wenger does not need to concentrate on money he has to improve the team or face another season of boos and fans going nuts. If I'm wrong then it's another shite season so I'm hoping I'm right
Those matches when we played three at the back were only after we were out the title race and mainly against teams that had nothing to play for. Let's see how it works when the pressure is on before we get excited.

As far as shite season go , we've had 13 shite season so far and Wenger is still here so another one won't make much difference to our deluded fan base.

Yes, we've brought in a couple of decent players but the manager and coaches remain the same (apart from Jens - another Wenger yes man) so it is difficult to see how next season will be any different from the previous 13.
I swear a saw us beat City in a Semi and then play Chelski off the park in a Cup Final. I guess both those teams didn't want to win either

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:11 am
NickF wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:

I swear a saw us beat City in a Semi and then play Chelski off the park in a Cup Final. I guess both those teams didn't want to win either
The 2 Chelsea games were the best of the season. If we had suffered the injustices City did in the semi, Wenger and his minions would still be bleating about it. Legitimate disallowed goal, their defence splitting player literally kicked off the park.... City were very erratic last season,I wouldn't read a lot into that win,the Chelsea win was a really good performance.

I'm expecting more of the same this season as we've had the past decade. Same "coaches", same manager,same shit ..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is the cruntslop brown bread yet?

Sean

Post by Sean »

I read in the paper that The Old Fraud is coming out with all his loser values shite again. He would rather lose with his bullshit 'values' than win the fucking league :blah: :banghead: :censored:

687 days until the next renewal. Although that old cúnt will still be here in 2040 :suicide:

I hope this great thread is re-pinned at the start of the new season :barscarf:

I don't suppose anyone could recommend a good rifle and scope with a range of 100 meters?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:17 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
xisstential wrote:

According to Wenger Sanchez hasn't told him he wants to leave. "Sanchez has a contract,we expect him to honour it" One of the most amoral managers in the PL has now taken a sanctimonious,high ground stance. Probably referring to his "I always see out my contract" bollocks. Yea but NOBODY wants you to, you fucking fraud.

So apparently Sanchez has spoken to EVERYBODY except Wenger.Are we really expected to believe that....with all the stories flying about why would Wenger not go ask him??? The man is fucking shameless.

Why don't the journos ask him the obvious follow up questions to put him on the spot and keep him there.

E.g. Ok Arsene, Sanchez hasn't told you he wants to leave, but he hasn't signed an extension, so he's obviously not too happy about being here and by definition, he's certainly telling you that he doesn't want to stay.

In the absence of an extension being signed and your expectation that all players honour their contract, then you are clearly happy for him to walk away in 12 months time for free.....correct?

Why does the Club allow this final year of contract situation, to arise again and again ? Don't you think that it removes all power from the Club ?
Whatever he's asked he'll manage to spin it/shift the blame/answer with utter bollox and somehow everyone will still smile and nod :banghead:

Why do you think he's refusing to sign an extension? "You should ask him" :blah:

In the absence of an extension being signed and your expectation that all players honour their contract, then you are clearly happy for him to walk away in 12 months time for free.....correct? "I focus only on our next game" :blah:

Why does the Club allow this final year of contract situation, to arise again and again ? Don't you think that it removes all power from the Club ? "Why do you look at me?" :blah:

That's uncannily accurate Pat. Come on, be honest with us.......you are Arsene aren't you ?!!

Oh and btw.....you might be happy with the transfer business so, but let's see how you feel after Sanchez, the Ox and Bellerin have gone ! :)

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:28 pm
postmanPat91 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
xisstential wrote:

That's uncannily accurate Pat. Come on, be honest with us.......you are Arsene aren't you ?!!

Oh and btw.....you might be happy with the transfer business so, but let's see how you feel after Sanchez, the Ox and Bellerin have gone ! :)
Judge me in May 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:38 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Judge me in May 8)

:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:38 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Judge me in May 8)
That's what Theresa said. :D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I see he said, 'I've appointed x and I've appointed y etc etc
Catalyst for change my arse

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

yup! Same Old Emperor - Or Rather "Despot" with new clothes. :banghead: