THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

silus wrote:So next season could be...
New owner+New manager (please god)
New owner+Same manager (i'd take that, he wouldnt last last long under Usmanov)
Same owner+ New manager (I'd be happy, but sceptical)
Same owner+Same manager (life couldn't be that cruel....could it?....it fucking will be won't it!!!)

One things for sure....its a fucking shambles and the club have shown even less respect for the fans than usual, by not letting us know what's happening......and that's hard to do in itself.

Someone make some fucking decisions and LET US KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!
safe money is on Same owner+Same manager :banghead:

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

rodders999 wrote:Any statto know the current valuation of the club? Easy to work out in and around what 67% of it might be worth then.
roughly £1.1 billion

armchair

Post by armchair »

Redarmy wrote:
silus wrote:So next season could be...
New owner+New manager (please god)
New owner+Same manager (i'd take that, he wouldnt last last long under Usmanov)
Same owner+ New manager (I'd be happy, but sceptical)
Same owner+Same manager (life couldn't be that cruel....could it?....it fucking will be won't it!!!)

One things for sure....its a fucking shambles and the club have shown even less respect for the fans than usual, by not letting us know what's happening......and that's hard to do in itself.

Someone make some fucking decisions and LET US KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!
safe money is on Same owner+Same manager :banghead:
We should do a poll..........

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:Any statto know the current valuation of the club? Easy to work out in and around what 67% of it might be worth then.

around £2 Billion

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:

around $2 Billion
Rank Club Forbes value Y-o-Y increase Revenue Income

5 Arsenal $2bn 54% $524m $122m

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

Redarmy wrote:

around £2 Billion

check out tonight's closing market value rodders and redarmy

http://www.nexexchange.com/member?securityid=10092

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Honestly believe if Usmanov came in we would have the Champions league trophy let alone the premiership within years, sad thing is it will not happen

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

VOTE WENGER OUT
Last edited by xisstential on Fri May 19, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

canonspark wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

around £2 Billion

Interesting....look how the value is shooting up....incredible rise

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

VOTE WENGER OUT

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

Redarmy wrote:
canonspark wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

around £2 Billion

Interesting....look how the value is shooting up....incredible rise

it's quite a steady rise as hardly any are available for sale, if these were on the main stock market and widely held they would shoot up on monday

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

So the season is not over yet but the protest thread has been taken down. Still dreaming of the 4th place are we?? Hoping, hoping, hoping.......

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Just to get us all in the mood for the revolution to come.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

If Usmanov were to take over i fear he'd give Wenger a season. Usmanov has had no presence on the board and has had little input into the running of the club, taking over means bringing some of his own people in but they'll need time to reorganise, the last thing he'd want immaterial of how we feel is a gaping chasm in all parts of the club. If nothing else Wenger would mean relative stability.

He may be a greedy Uzbek mafioso but he is not a stupid man, immaterial of whether he wants Wenger to go or stay unless he can get a top class replacement (of which there are not many currently available as most have recently gone to new clubs or signed new contracts) i think he'd be forced to suffer a year under Wenger while he begins to sort the mess at the club out.

Would be interesting to see what if any changes would be made at board level over the next few years, i'm not sure how vengeful an individual he might be but effectively being frozen out of a club he owns 29% of for so many years might worry a few in the upper echelons :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:If Usmanov were to take over i fear he'd give Wenger a season. Usmanov has had no presence on the board and has had little input into the running of the club, taking over means bringing some of his own people in but they'll need time to reorganise, the last thing he'd want immaterial of how we feel is a gaping chasm in all parts of the club. If nothing else Wenger would mean relative stability.

He may be a greedy Uzbek mafioso but he is not a stupid man, immaterial of whether he wants Wenger to go or stay unless he can get a top class replacement (of which there are not many currently available as most have recently gone to new clubs or signed new contracts) i think he'd be forced to suffer a year under Wenger while he begins to sort the mess at the club out.

Would be interesting to see what if any changes would be made at board level over the next few years, i'm not sure how vengeful an individual he might be but effectively being frozen out of a club he owns 29% of for so many years might worry a few in the upper echelons :rubchin:
yeah its a fair punt he would keep Wenger for season but he would want success, quickly and lots of it..........